9 replies to this topic

#1 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Burke no longer is in control of the future of Jake Gardiner. Lets be honest MG wants a lot for Luongo. Toronto is a team that wants to make money, they don't care how good they do as long as they can fill seats. Obviously Burke was being smart not allowing MG walk all over him in the trade... that being said obviously Toronto has other plans. A big name like Luongo just = more money to them. Nonnis has been brought in to get this deal done... he will get Raped in this trade everyone knows it. I predict atleast Gardiner and Kadri come over in this deal.

To Van:
Gardiner,Kadri

To Tor:
Luongo

To Van:
Kirill Kabanov

To NYI:
Keith Ballard, 4th round pick

Now NYI needs defence and they need it bad so they will have to over pay for ballard.

sign Dan Ellis 1 year 1 mill

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kadri
Raymond Higgins Hansen
Malhotra Lappy Kassian

Hamuis Bieksa
Edler Garisson
Gardiner Corrado
Tanev

Schnieder
Ellis

Only say Corrado over Tanev because i think Gardiner and Corrado have the potential to be a deady offensive duo all depends camp

#2 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I like how you're just assuming nyi will overpay for what 99% of canucks fan consider some crapty player, in Ballard.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#3 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

I like how you're just assuming nyi will overpay for what 99% of canucks fan consider some crapty player, in Ballard.

ballard isn't crappy he just doesn't fit right in Vancouver. He is actually a pretty good defencemen and ummm take a look at NYI's Defence situation they are in some bad shape. and it doesn't look likr Kabanov is gonna work out in NYI anyways

#4 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I think Gardiner should be the center piece in any deal, but they can keep Kadri. Rather have Frattin.

Would love to snag kabanov but there is no pressure on the Isles to be that desperate.

#5 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I don't think TO will give up Gardiner. They obviously overvalue most of their players, and Gardinder is one of them. Easy to look good when you're playing alongside a joke of a defence that the Laffs have

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Can't see us getting Gardiner from Toronto.
Also, I have doubts that MG would trade for a player like Kabanov, given the fact he is wary of most Russians, let alone Russians who's dads are so involved in their careers....
Posted Image

#7 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Burke is a harda** who doesn't let other GM's walk over him....the same can't be said for Nonis hahah

I'm expecting a better payout for Luongo now, Gardiner and Kadri would be sick, but we would still need a Centre with grit. What about

To VAN-Grabovski, and Gardiner
To TOR-Luongo,Raymond, and a 3rd

Toronto get's their franchise goalie, and can go crazy in free agency this Summer, maybe going after Getzlaf and Perry, not to mention retain their 1st rd pick which they can use to start a new era. Our line-up gets completely rounded out:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Grabovski-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Manny-Lapierre-Volpatti

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Gardiner-Tanev
Ballard

Schneider
Lack
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,075 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Burke is a harda** who doesn't let other GM's walk over him....the same can't be said for Nonis hahah

I'm expecting a better payout for Luongo now, Gardiner and Kadri would be sick, but we would still need a Centre with grit. What about

To VAN-Grabovski, and Gardiner
To TOR-Luongo,Raymond, and a 3rd

Toronto get's their franchise goalie, and can go crazy in free agency this Summer, maybe going after Getzlaf and Perry, not to mention retain their 1st rd pick which they can use to start a new era. Our line-up gets completely rounded out:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Grabovski-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Manny-Lapierre-Volpatti

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Gardiner-Tanev
Ballard

Schneider
Lack

I kinda have this feeling that Toronto will get both Getzlaf and Perry for something stupid. I can definetly see them getting one though. Toronto would look pretty scary if they got all three of Perry, Getzlaf and Luongo.

( their line up assuming your trade happens)

Perry - Getzlaf - Kessel
Lupul - JVR - Raymond
MacArthur - Bozak - Kulemin
McClement - Steckel - Brown

Phaneuf - Liles
Gunnarsson - Franson
Rielly - Finn?

Luongo
Reimer

Komisarek gets bought out

As for your proposal, I like it, but I think we will have to dump some salary (Ballard), and let a couple of our UFA's walk (Malhotra, Alberts).

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,744 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

:lol:

Brings tears to my eyes man, thanks.

Jq9Htab.jpg

#10 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Creative. You totally didn't hear that 100% accurate Luongo deal on Sportsnet did you?
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.