The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did the possible Lu trade cost burke his job?

ILL BILL NECRO

Nonis on radio this morning was adamant he would not trade away young prospects/talent for anything but a similarly aged player to fill a need at a different position. Gardiner was mentioned specifically.

If he is true to his word, I can't see how a deal can be made with TO . Certainly MG isn't going to let Lu go for some older TO player(s).

Also, this could be an indication that ownership thought BB was about to give up too much youth/potential to land LU and that would explain the timing of letting him go...just before the ratification of the new CBA.

Maybe one of the reasons (if there were reasons) that Lu didn't want to got TO was Burke being there. Maybe a Nonis coached team would be more appealing.

Whatever, we better get "a player we need" as opposed to a player who is good and available when /if Lu goes. We need some big aggressive bodies in this team..........guys who will wear down the opposition like other teams do to us.

Nonis on radio this morning was adamant he would not trade away young prospects/talent for anything but a similarly aged player to fill a need at a different position. Gardiner was mentioned specifically.

If he is true to his word, I can't see how a deal can be made with TO . Certainly MG isn't going to let Lu go for some older TO player(s).

Also, this could be an indication that ownership thought BB was about to give up too much youth/potential to land LU and that would explain the timing of letting him go...just before the ratification of the new CBA.

Whether TO gets Lou or not, i think Nonis is the right guy.

Nonis turned down trades when he was here that involved schneids and edler going the other way. At that point they were just young prospects, but think if he would have pulled the trigger on that?

I think Nonis is a good gm, ans he did not deserve to get fired here, but i also think Gillis is a better GM so whattya do?

Toronto has given up way to much for mediocre players under burke and nonis has to fix that.

Archived