The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When Lu gets traded we will need to acquire a veteran goalie

briana

Pretty much this. Toronto also wasn't nearly the team the Canucks are. Those fellas were hung out to dry on many a night.

Although I think Lack would be great in a backup role, it would be sketchy if Schnieds was down for a period of time, but at the same time Lack has performed really well in his pressure games in the AHL playoffs and such yes?

The canucks need a veteran elite goalie to win the cup. His name is luongo n they want to trade him and rely on Schneider who has never played a full season. Nor has he played a tenth of the important games Lu has played in his career.

Next move trade Henrik and rely on Schroeder to fill his shoes Cuz idiotic fans think Henrik choked! Why not... neither Schroeder or Schneider have played a full seaso;)

In an interview Francois Allaire stated that the problem with Toronto s goaltending last year

was the fact that they put their faith in 2 rather inexperienced and young goalies.

Even though Reimer was exceptional the previous year when Giguere was there, last year he just collapsed under the pressure.

Vancouver would make the same mistake going with Schneider and Lack in nets.

Who should we get as a backup then....

The canucks need a veteran elite goalie to win the cup. His name is luongo n they want to trade him and rely on Schneider who has never played a full season. Nor has he played a tenth of the important games Lu has played in his career.

Next move trade Henrik and rely on Schroeder to fill his shoes Cuz idiotic fans think Henrik choked! Why not... neither Schroeder or Schneider have played a full seaso;)

Comparing Schnieder to Reimer is just wrong. I believe Schnieder is and always will be a better goalie than Reimer ever could be. But since you have a crystal ball into the future your right, we should get a veteran backup. After checking tsn for the remaining free agent goalies, I'd pick Turco. Turco has had the most success of the batch.

I think Dan Ellis is the perfect option. He's a veteran goalie who has also accepted his role has a backup, but at the same time he has proven time and again that he can carry the load as a starter if necessary. It's not often you have a guy who accepts his role as a backup and is willing to mentor other younger, better goalies, while being good enough himself to be a starter in case of injury to the #1 goalie or whatever.

Archived