The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 reported dead in California high school shooting

-Vintage Canuck-

Maybe its because they have armed guards, but maybe it is also because kids who go to private school tend to not face as many issues with mental health, poverty, and family issues (i.e. parental separation, lack of parent education).

Well this is going to drive the NRA's Wayne Lapierre (further) around the bend. You seemingly cannot keep this stuff out of the media it seems and the public just will not forget. As reported by The Onion:

Frustrated Wayne LaPierre Thought Murder Of 20 Children By Crazed Gunman Would Have Blown Over By Now

More than three weeks after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, annoyed NRA president Wayne LaPierre told reporters Monday that while he understands the seriousness of the tragedy, he had only assumed the senseless murder of 20 first-graders and six educators by a mentally unstable gunman would have blown over by now.

Noting that the massacre was “almost a month ago” and that all of the victims had been laid to rest, the frustrated lobbyist said he couldn’t help but think the nation’s continued efforts to mourn victims and its protracted discussions of gun control were “a little much” at this point.

“I get that this horrible thing happened and all these kids are dead now, but honestly, how long are we going to keep talking about this?” the gun advocate said as he scanned a recent editorial on weapons permits, adding that “enough’s enough, you know?” “Everywhere I go it’s Newtown this, Newtown that. Meanwhile, it’s 2013, and we’re still talking about some shooting that happened last year. Seriously, move on already.”

http://www.theonion....f-20-chi,30813/

NOTE - The Onion is a satiric take on the news and the story is fictional

Did anyone watch Jon Stewart's Tuesday show? Virtually devoid of comedy, he soberly addresses the subject of gun violence.

Followed by an interview with with former general Stanley McCrystal who recently uttered: “I spent a career carrying typically either an M16 or an M4 Carbine. An M4 Carbine fires a .223 caliber round which is 5.56 mm at about 3000 feet per second. When it hits a human body, the effects are devastating. It’s designed for that,” McChrystal explained. “That’s what our soldiers ought to carry. I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America.”

Did anyone watch Jon Stewart's Tuesday show? Virtually devoid of comedy, he soberly addresses the subject of gun violence.

Followed by an interview with with former general Stanley McCrystal who recently uttered: “I spent a career carrying typically either an M16 or an M4 Carbine. An M4 Carbine fires a .223 caliber round which is 5.56 mm at about 3000 feet per second. When it hits a human body, the effects are devastating. It’s designed for that,” McChrystal explained. “That’s what our soldiers ought to carry. I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America.”

I'm curious, do we even know if there were armed guards there? I'm just asking questions you're putting words in my mouth and assuming what I think.

There's prob more armed guards @ schools than anyone thinks, but somehow it's been twisted because some gun nut said we should have armed guards at every school. Now it's a circus. Fact is a lot of schools do have armed guards and police are always at or near schools. Never said it would prevent it from happening.

The question should be How do we get these MENTALLY ILL people off the streets long before they get their hands on a gun. Because in most if not all these shootings people around them Knew something was wrong but did'nt know what or who to call. or just chose to ignore it.

Archived