The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 reported dead in California high school shooting

-Vintage Canuck-

I used to hunt deer in thick second growth Fir stands and used my 30-30 with 210 grain bullets and their penetration ability was amazing .. I know they say their is little difference, but I dinna believe em .. as long as I believe, then my shots hit what I am aiming at .. must be some divine intervention, eh? .. :rolleyes:

Ok So armed guards are no good thanks for the info. I am so glad we can now agree on that. good luck banning guns in the USA. more shootings will happen that's what crazy people do. just ignore them and take the guns away from everyone else.

Ok, I'm convinced. Ban guns. I don't own one. only criminals and police should have them. seems to be only people who have them here in Canada. Crazy people here just saw your head off on a bus or slice you up with a knife stuff you in a bag. Keeps the death count down with only knives and machetes.

Like I said, I have no problem with hunting rifles. Like you say yourself, AR-15 is not a hunting rifle. It can be used as such, but I can hammer a nail with my cell phone, doesn't make it a hammer. It's not about the round (although I can see the impression the post re: McChrystal could make), it's about the ability to fire off multiple shots (up to 30, they say) with high frequency. I think it was Tearloch7 that suggested rifles are regulated by the sound they make between shots. If it goes "bang, bang, bang" it's no good, if it goes "bang, clack, clack cling, bang" that's a-okay (sound effects may differ).

So let's review: hunting rifles = good. Semi-auto assault weapons that are misused for hunting by some = not good.

I've lost all faith in humanity over this gun madness. Not because there are ~100 gun-related deaths in the US every day, but because there is suddenly a thread on each one. Multiple murders and mass shootings happen all the time, and this amount of publicity actually makes matters worse.

Gun control agenda aside, overall crime rates in the US have been in decline for decades. America is actually getting safer. Only people drinking the kool-aid have lost sight of this.

I've lost all faith in humanity over this gun madness. Not because there are ~100 gun-related deaths in the US every day, but because there is suddenly a thread on each one. Multiple murders and mass shootings happen all the time, and this amount of publicity actually makes matters worse.

Gun control agenda aside, overall crime rates in the US have been in decline for decades. America is actually getting safer. Only people drinking the kool-aid have lost sight of this.

The background is different for sure...."the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air" and all that.

The thinking that being such a warlike nation and being so proud of it is what needs to change if the U.S.A. is ever going to be able to eliminate (or at least mitigate) these instances of senseless murders of innocent children.

Archived