The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 reported dead in California high school shooting

-Vintage Canuck-

Well this is going to drive the NRA's Wayne Lapierre (further) around the bend. You seemingly cannot keep this stuff out of the media it seems and the public just will not forget. As reported by The Onion:

Frustrated Wayne LaPierre Thought Murder Of 20 Children By Crazed Gunman Would Have Blown Over By Now

More than three weeks after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, annoyed NRA president Wayne LaPierre told reporters Monday that while he understands the seriousness of the tragedy, he had only assumed the senseless murder of 20 first-graders and six educators by a mentally unstable gunman would have blown over by now.

Noting that the massacre was “almost a month ago” and that all of the victims had been laid to rest, the frustrated lobbyist said he couldn’t help but think the nation’s continued efforts to mourn victims and its protracted discussions of gun control were “a little much” at this point.

“I get that this horrible thing happened and all these kids are dead now, but honestly, how long are we going to keep talking about this?” the gun advocate said as he scanned a recent editorial on weapons permits, adding that “enough’s enough, you know?” “Everywhere I go it’s Newtown this, Newtown that. Meanwhile, it’s 2013, and we’re still talking about some shooting that happened last year. Seriously, move on already.”

http://www.theonion....f-20-chi,30813/

NOTE - The Onion is a satiric take on the news and the story is fictional

Did anyone watch Jon Stewart's Tuesday show? Virtually devoid of comedy, he soberly addresses the subject of gun violence.

Followed by an interview with with former general Stanley McCrystal who recently uttered: “I spent a career carrying typically either an M16 or an M4 Carbine. An M4 Carbine fires a .223 caliber round which is 5.56 mm at about 3000 feet per second. When it hits a human body, the effects are devastating. It’s designed for that,” McChrystal explained. “That’s what our soldiers ought to carry. I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America.”

What a hero...... :sick:

Does he really think that voicing those sentiments publicly is going to earn him (or the NRA) any brownie points even with members of the NRA? What a crass, sorry sad excuse of a human being......maybe he should look into membership at the Westboro Baptist Church office while he's out and about busy spewing such trash in public.

Ok, I'm convinced. Ban guns. I don't own one. only criminals and police should have them. seems to be only people who have them here in Canada. Crazy people here just saw your head off on a bus or slice you up with a knife stuff you in a bag. Keeps the death count down with only knives and machetes.

So tell me, how would the crazy gunman from Newtown get his hands on the rifle if his beloved late mother wasn't an enthusiast? How's about the guy who shot those firefighters getting a gun bought for him by his neighbour (she'll probably do time for it)?

Crazy people kill typically with legally purchased guns (more than 3/4). Not that anyone is saying mental illness shouldn't be a focus, I'm simply saying it's not the answer. Of course, you know that but you needed another strawman.

Shootings are happening and guns haven't been taken away. It's clear (I hope) that presence of good guys with guns doesn't stop bad guys with guns. And now you know that most guns used in shootings are legal.

Time to dig in and dismiss all this data that you learned today.

Well if she had them locked away but then again he just killed her and stole her guns. she knew the kid was a whack job just did'nt do anything and showed poor judgement having those weapons in the house.

anyway I'm all for banning guns now. they are bad.

Archived