The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NY Rangers Finally Have to Do Something About Wade Redden

Rangers have the best young D-corps in the league. They all came up through the AHL, being groomed with Redden. So, in a way, his salary hasn't been a total waste for them.

If I had a young team with little hope of making a playoff run, and I needed a veteran to help the young guys grow, I'd consider Redden. Especially if the Rangers are offering to sweeten the pot by giving a decent pick/prospect to get rid of him.

Perhaps the Islanders? Then again, they're probably not in a rush to do favors for their cross-town rivals.

Maybe the Jets? I think of all teams they could really use a veteran voice in the room. And their D-corps is quite young. If you were GM of the Jets, and the Rangers were willing to trade Redden and a 1st rounder for Ron Hainsey (3 mil left on his deal), would you consider it?

Rangers have the best young D-corps in the league. They all came up through the AHL, being groomed with Redden. So, in a way, his salary hasn't been a total waste for them.

If I had a young team with little hope of making a playoff run, and I needed a veteran to help the young guys grow, I'd consider Redden. Especially if the Rangers are offering to sweeten the pot by giving a decent pick/prospect to get rid of him.

Perhaps the Islanders? Then again, they're probably not in a rush to do favors for their cross-town rivals.

Maybe the Jets? I think of all teams they could really use a veteran voice in the room. And their D-corps is quite young. If you were GM of the Jets, and the Rangers were willing to trade Redden and a 1st rounder for Ron Hainsey (3 mil left on his deal), would you consider it?

I love it when hypocrites who have never walked away from a thousand bucks in their life put the onus on an athlete to simply walk away from $8 million (his actual salary remaining, included the prorating of this season).

Archived