The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Bure get his number retired this season?

cmpunk

I only troll in search of trout and possibly salmon. I don't think his number should be retired and he obviously wants nothing to do with this franchise anymore so whats the point? He got his HoF nod, that's far more of a accomplishment then getting your number retired to a franchise with zero championships. Let it go.

I only troll in search of trout and possibly salmon. I don't think his number should be retired and he obviously wants nothing to do with this franchise anymore so whats the point? He got his HoF nod, that's far more of a accomplishment then getting your number retired to a franchise with zero championships. Let it go.

More like Pavel laughed in Gillis' face and told him what the real deal was.

That reply would not be fit for public consumption.

I hope Pavel never comes back here UNLESS there is an honor befitting a HHOF member that made this team for his tenure and brought so many to the game.

It is very telling that Pavel is not around and will not have his number retired.

Bure's number should definitely get retired. He was the best player the Canucks ever had, and whilst I can appreciate that they normally choose players that were big in the community and so forth, this is hockey we're talking about and it is necessary to celebrate the fact that Bure was a top notch player. He practically danced the puck across the goal line game after game. Never had a player like him before him, and havn't had one since.

From the team 1040.

Friday, March 15th is the lions club dinner where Francesco aquilini gets honoured and pavel pure is confirmed as being in attendance. Thursday night home game vs Nashville but more likely Saturday night national telecast vs the Russian friendly red wings.

Very likely that one of ROH or a retiring ceremony is in the works.

Archived