The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton Oilers, the baddest team in the league

RAMBUTANS

They're bound to improve eventually. Every team does. Montreal "sucked" in the early 40s, then became a powerhouse. Detroit sucked in the 70s and 80s, then became one of the best in the league. The New Jersey franchise sucked for like 15 years before getting anywhere. Pittsburgh sucked for a while, then got Lemiuex. We sucked in the late 90s and look where we are now. The list goes on and on. They'll improve. I don't think they're Cup material yet, but with better defense and a good goalie, they could be quite soon.

Guest Gumballthechewy

They're bound to improve eventually. Every team does. Montreal "sucked" in the early 40s, then became a powerhouse. Detroit sucked in the 70s and 80s, then became one of the best in the league. The New Jersey franchise sucked for like 15 years before getting anywhere. Pittsburgh sucked for a while, then got Lemiuex. We sucked in the late 90s and look where we are now. The list goes on and on. They'll improve. I don't think they're Cup material yet, but with better defense and a good goalie, they could be quite soon.

As far as Oilers bashing goes, when it comes from Flames fans, it's nothing more than thinly veiled jealousy. The truth is, the Flames would kill to have that lineup and those prospects in their system.

As for the Canucks, I really believe the Oilers can be a threat to them this year. They will turn the corner one of these days, so watch out when they do.

They are already showing signs.....Remember Gagner's 8 point game? If things go as planned stuff like that might just happen more consistently.

As far as Oilers bashing goes, when it comes from Flames fans, it's nothing more than thinly veiled jealousy. The truth is, the Flames would kill to have that lineup and those prospects in their system.

As for the Canucks, I really believe the Oilers can be a threat to them this year. They will turn the corner one of these days, so watch out when they do.

They are already showing signs.....Remember Gagner's 8 point game? If things go as planned stuff like that might just happen more consistently.

How can any team suck soooooo bad? I can be GM of this team and I can't do any worse than Tambellini. 3 1st overall for the past 3 years, that must be a record of some sort.

The funny thing is some oddsmaker in Vegas ranked it 8th this year among 30 NHL to win the cup. LOooool. I want what they are smoking out there.

Cue the Oilers won several cups...............

When TV was still black and white.

Imagine if they dealt Eberle or Hall (either one almost expendable now with Yakapov in) to Florida for Gudbranson, and then Hemsky and Gagner to Carolina for Ryan Murray + first rounder. Follow that by either signing Dwayne Roloson or trading a couple of first rounders for Tim Thomas? The Oilers won't just rebound, they'll go back to the 1980s.

Imagine if they dealt Eberle or Hall (either one almost expendable now with Yakapov in) to Florida for Gudbranson, and then Hemsky and Gagner to Carolina for Ryan Murray + first rounder. Follow that by either signing Dwayne Roloson or trading a couple of first rounders for Tim Thomas? The Oilers won't just rebound, they'll go back to the 1980s.

What a sham this leage is... that the coilers can tank it for all these years and get away with it!

Whats worse, is that in the end, their elite top draft picks will bolt from that hell-hole of a city and move somewhere worth living.

I remember Souray cathing flack for refusing to be part of it and he became the bad guy.

If you disagree, consider that this sham of a roster lacked almost any D or reliable goaltending for years while they rolled out a bunch of cheap goons and pylons expecting any success. Sure, sure, call it a rebuild, but really, it was a complete write-off, a sham. Parity sucks.

In the end the coilers will have a super stud roster financed by the NHL and will see the departure of many of these high draft picks from either free agency or traded for cap reasons. What a waste of time.

Great job, Gary!

Archived