The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-EDM-TML

AriGold

Toronto isn't going to give up Gardiner and Kadri for Luongo and a low 1st, although we still might be able to get a better deal than before considering Nonis is GM now. Also I don't see why Edmonton would want to give up one of their prized first overall picks, Edmonton are growing their young guns together as a team, not trading them away before they can prove their full potential. All Edmonton needs now is a defender to lead the blue line and a starting goalie, Kesler and Kadri do not help that cause, and a Gardiner type player can be gotten a different way.

Toronto isn't going to give up Gardiner and Kadri for Luongo and a low 1st, although we still might be able to get a better deal than before considering Nonis is GM now. I don't see why Edmonton would want to give up one of their prized first overall picks, Edmonton are growing their young guns together as a team, not trading them away before they can prove their full potential.

A+ for effort, but we're basically giving up Kesler, Luongo, and a 1st just for RNH?

If we are really looking at Kadri, Bozak, and change for Luongo, why wouldn't we just take a chance on Kadri? Instead of dealing one of the best centres this team has ever seen, and a 1st round pick (could be a Hodgson-esque player :lol: )

Not worth it, imo.

Wait, why do we trade a Centre when we need a Centre?? Sure RNH is probably better than Kes but that still leaves a hole at 3rd line C and I don't want to lose a 1st in this year's draft. Even a 2nd rd'er could turn into a stud right outta' the gate.

Essentially your trade is:

Luongo,Kesler and a 2013 1st for RNH?

Sorry, but NOOOOOOOOOOO to you Sir

It's debatable for me, I wouldn't mind the skill that R.N.H. has but it's tough to replace that element of power and shutdown ability that Kesler brings. On the flip side though, R.N.H. could turn Booth, who has great speed, into a poor version of Taylor Hall and potentially revive his career. However, for the playoffs I would rather keep a healthy Kesler than R.N.H. since Ryan's the type of player who normally thrives in tighter checking.

Toronto gets a decent deal, they have a surplus of D-men and though Gardiner's one of their top young guys they could afford to lose him for the upgrade in goal.

Edmonton gets a sweet deal IMO. If I was their GM I'd want Reimer to tandem with Dubnyk and they could very well 1A-1B their way into the playoffs. Gardiner should really help on their back end and Kes could check opposing guys like crazy, plus Eberle can also set up his line-mates so there shouldn't be much worry of the line becoming all shooters after R.N.H. leaves (plus they have Hemsky too).

Hall - Kesler - Eberle

Smyth - Gagner - Yakupov

Paajarvi - Horcoff - Hemsky

looks pretty nasty to me. Add Gardiner and Schultz to their back end and a more stable Dubynk and they'd be scary. Edmonton would come out pretty improved if this deal was actually true.

Archived