The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Tor-Phi

Lately its been rumored that Philadelphia could be part of a three way deal involving Luongo to Toronto. This is my proposal, it is a bit of a dream due to the number of players involved but i feel it address' each teams needs.

Proposal:

To Tor- Luongo, Voraceck, Schroeder, Bourdon, Malholtra

To Phi- Gardiner, Bozak, Kadri, Ballard, Vancouver 1st rounder 2013

To Van- Couturier, Macarthur, Steckel, Komisarek, Leighton

Justification:

Tor- Toronto as a team has long hungered for a premier goalie like Roberto luongo who can carry games and help aid them in their quest for the playoffs. Nonis said he wouldn't trade a young player unless he was receiving one back, Schroeder may help in the leafs quest for a center. In my opinion a perfect fit on the top line, being a playmaker and having worked on his two way game he was born to play between Kessel and Lupul. This move also gives Toronto the ability to keep Grabovski on the second line for depth scoring. Grabbing Voraceck gives Toronto a known playmaker who has played with Vanreimsdyk before with success. Bourdon, Raymond and Malholtra add depth on both sides of the ice. Although Toronto gives up Gardiner, Luongo will aid the defense of the team greatly and Morgan Reilly is a more than suitable replacement, as well as having other puck movers on the team. Kadri probably would will not make the team this year so sending hi to Philadelphia makes sense. Toronto also dumps the cap of Mike Komisarek.

Phi- Philidelphia gets rid of two excellent players in Voraceck and Couturier however their orginizational depth at center ( as well as the fact they picked up two more) allows them to make this move in order to get better on the back end. In my mind this makes Philadelphia even more of an offensive threat with two threats on the back end in Gardiner and Ballard. Gardiner is the franchise defenseman Holmgren has been looking for. Philly also ends up with two first round picks in 2013 to help fill holes in the organization.

Van- IMO Vancouver gets everything they needed to become a legitimate contender again. A young talented yet defensive center in Couturier who can fill in for Kesler as well as become a future star of the franchise. A playmaker for the second line in Macarthur. Steckel brings size and speed to the fourth line as well as great penalty killing. They also receive a back up goalie for Schneider in Leighton. The risk they take is picking up Komisarek who could become a great 6th defense man. he's big bodied, physical, defensive, able to push people from in front of our net. However Komisarek comes with a large cap hit that he hasnt been able to live up to at all in T.O.. i think that re-uniting him with Higgins, a change of scenery and being on a contender may light a fire under him. If not he is a UFA this summer and we wouldn't re-sign him.

Line-ups:

Tor-

Lupul/Schroeder/Kessel

Vanreimsdyk/Grabvski/Voracek

Raymond/Mcclemont/Kulemin

Lombardi/Malholtra/Brown

Phaneuf/Gunnarsson

Liles/Franson

Reilly/Bourdon

Luongo/

Reimer

Phi-

Simmonds/Giroux/Hartnell

Kadri/Briere/Schenn

Read/Bozak/Fedotenko

Sesito/Wellwood/Talbot

Coburn/Timmonen

Gardiner/Schenn

Grossman/Ballard

Bryzgalov/

FA signing

Van-

(Without Kesler)

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Booth/Couturier/MacArthur

Higgins/Lapierre/Hansen

Weise/Steckel/Volpatti

(With Kesler)

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Booth/Kesler/MacArthur

Higgins/Couturier/Hansen

Weise/Steckel/Lapierre

Bieksa/Hamhuis

Edler/Garrisson

Tanev/Komisarek

Schneider/

Leighton

Please tell me if you think this is fair or not, and leave any suggestions or comments thanks :)

GO CANUCKS GO

Put M-A Bourdon people will get it mixed up I guarentee.

Edit:

Van

Gives: Luongo, Schroeder, Ballard, Malhotra, 1st

Gets: Couturier, McArthur, Steckel, Komisarek, Leighton

Seems to me we give up a few good pieces for Couturier, McArthuer who is a pending UFA & alot of crap.

Luongo & Schroeder = or slightly < Couturier & McArthur (Strictly valuewise only IMO)

Ballard > Komisarek

Malhotra > Steckel

1st >>>> Leighton

Tor

Gives: McArthur, Steckel, Komisarek, Gardiner, Bozak

Gets: Luongo, Voraceck, Schroeder, Bourdon, Malholtra

They get great return here.

Gardiner = Luongo (Valuewise)

Voracek >>> McArthur

Schroeder + Bourdon >> Bozak + Komisarek

Malhotra > Steckel

Phi

Gives: Voracek, Couturier, Leighton

Gets: Gardiner, Bozak, Kadri, Ballard, Van 2013 1st

I think this is close, doubt they would do it personally, from there standpoint I think they would assess it like:

Voracek = or slightly > Gardiner

Couturier + Leighton > Kadri, Bozak, Ballard, 1st (Valuewise this seems close but since they wouldn't give up Couturier in the Weber deal I doubt they would in this)

I think something we could add to sweeten the deal may be Eddie Lack, he could give the an inexpensive goalie who could turn out to be a star next year after they buy out Bryz in the summer. Just a thought.

Also personally i think that Steckel is better than Malholtra, at least to us. He's 6'6, faster than manny as well as having similar face-off numbers and i believe more goals last season (not positive on this one). Plus a great penalty killer with his big body.

Archived