The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks TV Game Centre Live

love_nux

Hey fans,

I'm thinking of buying the Canucks TV Game Centre Live games package this (half) season. The price listed on the site says $39.99 for the full season.

Does anyone know if this is the same price as last year for a full season? I don't want to get shafted paying a full price for the remaining half season. Also, if anyone has experience with Game Centre Live they'd like to share, it'd be much appreciated! :)

That page is out of date. We'll update as soon as we have details. Apologies.

It now forwards an error when you try to access it, so I'm assuming it's being "worked out"

I'm with the OP. I paid the $39 for the full season last year and for the most part was happy with the quality/stability of it.

This being a shortened season THE LEAST they can do is be fair and adjust the price (50%) accordingly, and with all the condescending *warm fuzzy* talk about "hey! we're back! let's all have a group hug!" I would think they could offer an olive branch to fans they have all PI$$ED OFF over the last year.

$10.00 sounds fair

takers?

Okay, maybe I'm looking at the wrong place here but as far as I know, they still haven't updated the Canucks TV Game Centre page. It's getting a bit frustrating as I know the NHL Gamecenter has been updated and price has been marked down. The Canucks page still shows $39.99 with the old 2012/13 schedule.

I couldn't even find contact info so I could ask someone directly. Hopefully somewhere here has the answer.

I live in Vancouver in a student residence and I can't get cable from my room and want to watch the games without having to figure out where I am going to go out each night to watch it.

I didn't want to make a new post - but is anyone else having trouble viewing Saturday and Sundays games on NHL Gamecentre from an Apple TV? I can watch them on my computer, but they are greyed out on apple tv. I didn't attempt to watch them live because I was at the games but want to play them later....By the way I have unblockus so it's nothing to do with region black outs...

We are working hard on finding a way to bring Canucks games to our fans as we have in the past. Please be patient. We will update as soon as there is information to be shared.

Sorry. I didn't see your response here before replying to your PM this morning.

So it sounds like there is some kind of conflict in the arrangement the Canucks had with Gamecenter.

Hopefully a solution is forthcoming. Preferably one that allows for entire games to be replayed on demand, as I'm now working evenings.

Having said that, if the Canucks are working on their own system now to provide games (if in fact that's what's happening), why not let the fans in on it and let us provide our ideas.

You know, since we're ultimately paying for it.

I've already stated my proposal: ability to replay entire games on demand. (i don't think this was a feature on CanucksTV previously)

Also, the "adaptive stream" technology is a keeper. If you have a busy connection such as shared wifi, this is essential and it worked well.

my 2 cents

Just get normal Game Center live and add unblock-us

Removes blackout restrictions. :-)

It's still $50 though and I barely have the time to just watch the Canucks games. CanucksTV was $39 for the entire season, so I'm expecting to see it offered at under $20 now since the abbreviated season has already started.

For people who have more time and/or aren't working nights, the unblocked Gamecenter package seems like a good deal.

Not sure if it's kosher to talk about unblocking?? But since the Canucks have yet to offer an alternative, what are we supposed to do.

For me, the lockout is still in effect...... unless the games are on CBC, which streams their games for FREE

Time to give up on this? Pretty upsetting, this is the only way some of us can watch games at home.

I use the standard NHL GameCenter Live as I'm in Ontario. All of the games on Sportsnet work great, the nationally broadcast (TSN/CBC) games are blacked out, and I'm not about to pay for cable to get a handful of games. That said, can anyone confirm if the Sportsnet games are blacked out in the Lower Mainland? I know that I miss most Sens games (oh, the humanity) here.

My father in BC has mentioned his cable bill a few times, and I'd like to give him alternatives. I'll look into Unblock-Us for myself, but I can't vouch for how technically adept he is.

I use the standard NHL GameCenter Live as I'm in Ontario. All of the games on Sportsnet work great, the nationally broadcast (TSN/CBC) games are blacked out, and I'm not about to pay for cable to get a handful of games. That said, can anyone confirm if the Sportsnet games are blacked out in the Lower Mainland? I know that I miss most Sens games (oh, the humanity) here.

My father in BC has mentioned his cable bill a few times, and I'd like to give him alternatives. I'll look into Unblock-Us for myself, but I can't vouch for how technically adept he is.

I pay 75 bucks a month for my TV and Internet. Amasingly fast internet and basic telus optik TV, with the HD sports added. Wouldn't change it for a thing. For the girlfriend and I it comes to 16.25 a paycheque. Pretty reasonable actually.

Archived