The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks TV Game Centre Live

love_nux

For those of you that have Rogers, NHL center ice is free untill sometime in Feb I believe

I just returned to Toronto and the SNETP game shows there is a blackout for tonight's game.

EDIT... ROGERS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE UNTIL TOMORROW

http://redboard.roge...nhl-centre-ice/

I usually buy Centre Ice but I'll be travelling this year so I'm looking for options. Does Game Centre Live only work on ONE DEVICE or can my PS3 pull it in as well and when I'm on the road can I still use it on my laptop? I hope to be able to see the games on my TV when I'm "home" in Toronto.

Thanks

The Canucks are not working on their own system. The NHL is the only one who builds the streaming platforms, both for PC and Mobile. It is a stripped down version of NHL GCL republished under the team's banner.

We can assume that CanucksTV has been deep-sixed for the foreseeable future then.

As I said previously, if there is some dispute between the Canucks and GCL then they should look into developing their own platform.

Since you say that they have no plans to do so, we can also assume that this organization (the 7th most profitable in the league) is too cheap to do something for it's fans (something that would GENERATE REVENUE I might add).

Other teams offer this kind of service... it's the 21st century after all - maybe someone should tell them.

I have nothing further to say.

Joined the forums to express my disappointment. I haven't had cable for a while now, and I've been able to get by just fine with iTunes, Netflix, over-the-air HDTV, and yes, Canucks TV live games.

The absence of this service this season has really decimated my ability to watch games, especially since most of them seem to be on SportsNet Pacific.

I'm perfectly willing to pay to watch, but the team and the NHL don't seem to want to take my money. So baffling and frustrating. Please prioritize and get it together for this season.

Joined the forums to express my disappointment. I haven't had cable for a while now, and I've been able to get by just fine with iTunes, Netflix, over-the-air HDTV, and yes, Canucks TV live games.

The absence of this service this season has really decimated my ability to watch games, especially since most of them seem to be on SportsNet Pacific.

I'm perfectly willing to pay to watch, but the team and the NHL don't seem to want to take my money. So baffling and frustrating. Please prioritize and get it together for this season.

AMEN!!! They've now even removed the old link which led to the error screen (my last shred of hope). It's incredibly frustrating because I don't want or need cable television. I'd perfectly willing to watch all the TV advertisements over the internet-- I don't see what the big difference is. I'm in disbelief that we're living in the year 2013 where individuals can stream HD POV videos of their pet's daily activities and the NHL can't even offer the option for people to watch their local team over the internet. What a joke!

I also just joined this forum so that I could complain about how brutal it is that CanucksTV has been tanked. I hope Mr. Admin is still reading these post and passing the complaints on to whoever makes decisions around there.

I dialed the help line number provided on the old page CanucksTV page for more info. The number took me to a customer service representative from NHL Game Centre.

The representative explained that currently there is nothing they can do and it is apparently a dispute/contract issue or something like that between the Canucks and NHL Game Center and that the Canucks are choosing not to provide this service until the issue is resolved.

I suggested lifting the blackout on Game Center for me then as I'm paying 50$ for that and am more than willing to pay for every Canuck Game as I would on CanucksTV. He apologized and explained that Canucks games just aren't available at this time unless you have cable TV. Thats it. No solution. Just "sorry, you can't watch the game - talk to the Canucks about it".

There is no direct line to talk to the Canucks about it. This forum is it.

Let me just say that this is crap. After the lockout to have to deal with more contract issues... to even just watch the damn games. Its just crap. So poorly run.

Seriously, not only should it be available, it should be FREE with an "I'm sorry" banner. How can the dysfunction with this league be so top to bottom that it even affects something as simple as streaming the game?

The NHL GCL rep is misinformed. There is no dispute. And the Canucks have not chosen to withhold games from fans.

The Canucks and Sportsnet have pushed hard to bring games to the online audience since the season began.

At this point the NHL GCL team is working to have a live game player delivered for the next RSN game Feb 4th. Once this is confirmed the site will be updated with details on the program.

The NHL GCL rep is misinformed. There is no dispute. And the Canucks have not chosen to withhold games from fans.

The Canucks and Sportsnet have pushed hard to bring games to the online audience since the season began.

At this point the NHL GCL team is working to have a live game player delivered for the next RSN game Feb 4th. Once this is confirmed the site will be updated with details on the program.

This gentleman joined this forum specifically to voice his displeasure about this snafu, and I applaud him for doing so.

He went out of his way to talk to GCL directly and provided the answers he received, here for all of us. What evidence do you have the GCL rep is "misinformed" ?

He's in a much better position to know what's actually going on than you are.

If he says that there is some manner of dispute happening, then I tend to believe that over the opinion of a moderator at a discussion forum.

So point by point:

1. "The NHL GCL rep is misinformed."

says ... you?

2. "There is no dispute."

(see above)

3. "the Canucks have not chosen to withhold games from fans."

(see above)

4. "The Canucks and Sportsnet have pushed hard to bring games to the online audience since the season began."

Where is the evidence of that? Sportsnet doesn't stream games on their website, and all evidence of CanucksTV's existence has been wiped off this website as of this week.

5. "At this point the NHL GCL team is working to have a live game player delivered for the next RSN game Feb 4th. Once this is confirmed the site will be updated with details on the program."

(Remains to be seen?)

Why is "a team working on delivering a live game player" when one already existed? There was already a platform in place in CanucksTV.... unless there was/is some dispute happening with regards to the previously existing platform/agreement.

I'm not here to be overtly argumentative, however this shouldn't have to be some big secret.

Why not have those directly involved address it on the home page of Canucks.com and let the fans know what's happening, instead of displaying how adept they are at being willfully obtuse - which is extremely irritating.

First, thank you for responding Admin, it has been very hard to get the Canucks help and information on this matter.

I do have to agree with darkpoet on their post though. The customer service response you left just gave way to more questions and is very cryptic. Even if the GCL rep was misinformed, there's obviously some kind of negotiation going on with all the parties seeing as the games are available in other markets and there was already a product that existed... but whatever at this point. I don't care about who's fault it is and the goal here is not to lay blame and put you on the defensive, its just to find out what is going on and what you are doing to fix it. I'll also let you know my frustrations at how this is being handled.

I think all people here ever wanted was just some information as to whats happening. Thats all. As paying customers its been a frustrating process trying to just find that out... and there is no info, support or help at all aside from that phone number. This forum was even hard to find. Coming off the lockout, its just been extra salt in the wound to say the least.

Now, I'm aware as an NHL fan I am one of the biggest suckers out there when it comes to letting basic customer service and fan appreciation go to hell just so I can consume my hockey... but "C'mon Man". At the very least start your next reply with "I'm sorry this has been frustrating for you guy's..." etc... Be great if you could afford us that small courtesy as we accept the constant abuse and continue to beg you to take our money.

Anyway... hopefully games will be available on the 4th. Thank you for the update.

This thread keeps getting buried so I'm bumping it.

Allegedly there are plans to provide a stream for the next game.

I'm not alone when I say I'm curious as to what kind of package is going to be offered to fans here. The whole thing smells fishy, and this always comes down to money.

Will the fans in Vancouver (region) get a break here? Or will we see another corporate grab now that things are rolling along smoothly once again... ?

Being a fan for over 30 years, I'm not holding my breath. The whole reason behind the lockout was money, so I don't expect any left-over peripheral issues to be about anything other than that.

Get your ! together already.

Any word on whether this is happening tonight?

Any word on whether this is happening tonight?

Tomorrow is the game against the Calgary Flames. Two Canadian teams... weekend evening... that means... CBC broadcast! Finally, I will be happily watching the game in HD from the comfort of my own living room. Thank God for over-the-air HDTV.

Sadly, the rest of the games this month are Sportsnet broadcasts. For those I will either be invading my cable-subscribing friend's (note the use of singular) house, or going to the local pub.

Maybe next season, I can buy games from the team online... maybe... *sigh*

Well it sucks over in the UK too.

I bought NHL GCL thinking it would be just like last year, no restrictions, only to find the NHL had hived off a cherry picking product to Premier Sports (a subsidiary of Sky Sports)

I already pay about $30 a month for Sky sports, mainly for football, rugby, tennis and golf. However not only is PS another subscription over and above that but because it appears to be an exclusive SKY channel I can't get it (even if I wanted) because I'm a Virgin Media customer(cable not Sat)

So the upshot is any game that is shown at a decent hour over here (i.e. before midnight) tends to be blacked out for 48 hours. Not only that but anything they show "delayed" is also blacked out and any "big game" at any time that they choose to show is blacked out.

The last straw is PS have said that none of the SC Finals will be available to GCL and very few of the playoff games. No prizes for guessing I won't be renewing my subscription next season.

Well it sucks over in the UK too.

I bought NHL GCL thinking it would be just like last year, no restrictions, only to find the NHL had hived off a cherry picking product to Premier Sports (a subsidiary of Sky Sports)

I already pay about $30 a month for Sky sports, mainly for football, rugby, tennis and golf. However not only is PS another subscription over and above that but because it appears to be an exclusive SKY channel I can't get it (even if I wanted) because I'm a Virgin Media customer(cable not Sat)

So the upshot is any game that is shown at a decent hour over here (i.e. before midnight) tends to be blacked out for 48 hours. Not only that but anything they show "delayed" is also blacked out and any "big game" at any time that they choose to show is blacked out.

The last straw is PS have said that none of the SC Finals will be available to GCL and very few of the playoff games. No prizes for guessing I won't be renewing my subscription next season.

There is a relatively simple way around it if you're watching on PC or a laptop.

I'm not sure the NHL would approve should they find out though, but it's worked for me for all of the blacked out games this season.

I've got dollars in my hands just waiting to hand over to you guys but without a service I can legally pay for, the only way I can watch the 'nucks is through dodgy streams -- for free! I'm just begging you guys to find a way to let me pay for no-hassle, good quality streaming. Enter the 21st century already and accept that we're watching games on our computer, whether you find a way to have us pay for them or not. For some of us cable is not an alternative.

Archived