The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is the year for mason Raymond to be a 25 goal scorer?

yete

heres a look at raymonds stats

09-10 he was a 25 goal scorer with 53 points

10-11 the decline began a whopping 39 points

and the bigger shocker last year he ended the season with 20 points in 50 games

I understand mason raymonds not loved by many....... but Gillis and the Canuck management has kept him?

my question to you what do they see in him?? Im guessing the canucks management beleives this guy can put up 50 points easily or else they would have not kept him...........

I believe its do or die for raymond with the kesler injury he will get his ice-time and he pretty much has to put up big numbers.........

personally i believe raymond has the speed and should change his game up to a 2 way forward .........

what do you think raymond can do to improve his game?(Lets be honest is there belief in your heart that raymond can get back to 25 goals) also does anyone know if he did any special off training with gary roberts this off-season??

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA The guy can't get anywhere near that kind of production with a full 82 game season. If anyone thinks he can get there in half as many games as usual, he/she is out of his/her mind. Raymond is a joke and should've been traded or put on waivers long ago to free up as much money as possible to sign any number of better free agents.

I, like most everyone else, didn't want him resigned.  BUT I think most people tend to forget the severity of his injury.  especially since the LA series.  he got dominated and looked intimidated.  All the ability is there and hopefully now he is more comfortable on the ice.  I can definitely see him putting up more points than last season(with about the same amount of games).  I think with the right opportunity and if he can get his confidence and game under control early on, he can put up 30-35 points this season.  I'd be happy with that.. oh and as for the title, no not this season. I'm sayin with a decent year this year, he could spring back into that form with a full season next year.

If Raymond and Booth stay in the top 6. Raymond will definitely hit 25.

Back when Grabs was on a line with Raymond and Kesler they were really exciting to watch, tons of shots.

I expect a similar result but Booth is better than Grabs and Raymond is older.

I hate him as a player and I dont' feel like he deserves to be on this team. But, if this was a 82 game season, and Kesler's out for so long, SOMEONE has to score other than Sedins, and chances are, he MIGHT get 25. But with a shortened season, I'd be happy if he gets 4.

To my recollection, the first problem with Raymond was the thumb injury he received back in December 2010(?). His shot hasn't quite been the same since that time. If he has somehow been able to correct this problem then he might well break the 20 goal mark.

Otherwise, I suspect he will either be traded at the deadline (if not sooner) or be allowed to walk as a UFA.

regards,

G.

25 G in a 48 game season? I think there will only be ~10 guys that can manage that, Raymond not being one. If you mean on pace for 25, then hell no.

The real question should be: can Raymond manage to not fall down 25 times in the first 5 games? I'd bet against.

Archived