The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is the year for mason Raymond to be a 25 goal scorer?

yete

He still doesn't really fit into our long term plans, he is a skilled player but I really only see him as "depth" in case one of our premier forwards get injured.

If he played regularly, I could see him getting more points than he did the last two seasons.. But in all likelihood though, he won't be used affectively and end up being traded to Anaheim or somewhere else that could use secondary scoring.

To my recollection, the first problem with Raymond was the thumb injury he received back in December 2010(?). His shot hasn't quite been the same since that time. If he has somehow been able to correct this problem then he might well break the 20 goal mark.

Otherwise, I suspect he will either be traded at the deadline (if not sooner) or be allowed to walk as a UFA.

regards,

G.

If you look back at his career year, you will see that most of his success came around the time Daniel was hurt, or just coming back. He was on the 1st line, and had 1st unit PP time, confidence, etc.

Other than that half-season, Raymond has never scored at a 25-goal pace.

I don't mind the guy overall, but I'm in the "get rid of him" camp because he's proven to be fairly useless in the playoffs. I'd rather fill his spot with a guy who will not fold when the intensity goes up.

Even when he got 25 I felt it was an anomaly while watching this guy kill plays with a lack of vision, creativity and hands of stone even in that career year. Some may believe he will one day "return to form" but this is his form. Raymond is not a 25 goal scorer like Kesler is not a 40 goal scorer because your best season is not your average.

Raymond isn't a bad player. He does have good awareness of where to be on the ice, both on offence and defence. I think he would be better if he bulked up some, sacrificed some of his speed for power. His feet are faster than his hands anyway. If he can add15-20 lbs, so he plays about 195-205 it would help his confidence not to mention strengthin his back. He would be a more quality player regardless of which line he was on.

Obviously Raymond will have a better year than last year, due to being HEALTHIER. He's had plenty of time to rehab and strenghten his core.

He offers the Nucks flexibility at a very low cap hit. He can play on any line and is defensively reliable. If he scores 12/14 goals this year then fans should be happy with him. Mason as a two way 20 goal player is a great deal for this team.

This will be a crucial year for Raymond. He should be given an opportunity to prove himself. The way some fans are flinging him to the curb is ridiculous.

Archived