The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Edler for Benn? Boucher for backup?

Lui's Knob

Grossman will not replace Edler in the slightest. You're either overrating Grossman, or underrating Edler.

Grossman is a bottom pairing defenseman not a top 4.

And if Garrison doesn't have a repeat season at least, the loss of Salo and then Edler would be devastating to our powerplay. The Sedins points would drop, and our offense would dry up. Don't underestimate the value that Edler's puck moving ability brings to the Sedins game.

Yeah but your post which I quoted to start this converstation said that Grossman will not replace Edler. That's why I quoted it and said Grossman is a shut down D which means he will not be expected to replace Edler. This is the reason I brought up Garrison and his offense + potential offense with PP time with Sedins.

How am I overrating Grossman or underrating Edler when I don't even compare the two. Grossman is not supposed to replace Edler.

Why would you repeat your post when I already said Grossman is a shut down D hence he isn't supposed to replace Edler?

Ya I guess Ballard and Grossman split time as 4D depending on who the competition is and what kind of lineup is needed.

I don't think there is a big point in worrying about Edler leaving, Dallas wouldn't trade Benn for a pending UFA anyways.

Grossman would be coming in a potential Luongo trade. Not Edler trade.

If we're doing a Luongo trade with Philly for a D-man, I would be alot more comfortable with Schenn as the return. i think he could have a breakout year now that he's out of Toronto.

Then we could do:

Edler

Raymond

for

Benn

Luongo

Schroeder

for

L.Schenn

Couturier

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Benn Kesler Booth

Higgins Couturier Kassian

Lapierre Malhotra Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Schenn

Ballard Tanev

Ah so it all makes sense now..

Luongo to Toronto for Frattin + Bozak + 1st

Edler and Raymond to Dallas for Benn

Malhotra to Philly for Grossman

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Benn

Higgins - Bozak - Hansen

Frattin - Lappiere - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Grossman - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

That top 9 forwards is probably the best in the leauge. Screw defence, we'll out score our problems!

:bigblush:

Ah its great to dream eh.

I like to enlighten this thread by making my own rumor. What will happen is that I will post a potential trade that it will be shockingly genius that scums will run to Gillis and report this rumor to him, and he will mind blow and the deal will be created, thus it will be factual making this rumor legit and validates my credibility.

Edler to St.Louis for Tarasenko, Steen and Roman Polak.

Luongo and PK Subban to Edmonton in a three way trade that sends Yakupov, Pitlick to Montreal and Ladislav Smid, Magnus ParJarvi-Svensson and 1st Rounder from the Habs. With the 1st Rounder from the Habs, I will trade it and Connauton to Dallas for Jamie Benn. Then i will use a conditional draft choice to acquire Wade Redden and a 1st round draft pick from the Rangers, that also agree to take half of his salary. While, you were reading this, I have created a time machine to take us back to the time when players made 400k and it was a big deal. Assembling the greatest team in history.

The End.

While Benn would be nice to have, especially since he's from Victoria -- I think this is pure dreaming/BS. Dallas and Vancouver don't exactly have a peachy relationship at the top, and while you'd hope the owners would allow their GMs to do what they need to if it makes their teams better -- I still don't think Tom Gaglardi wants any part of helping Aquilini or his club after their legal battle a few years back.

9^(*@&@($ If we get Benn I'll go nuts! One of my favourite players in the league and a local Victoria boy! Also I think he would be a PERFECT winger for the Sedins', he has great size, soft hands, and a rocket of a shot. And he's only 23! If theres anyone who I woud accept in a trade with Edler leaving it would be Benn.

Archived