The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for my take on this situation (VAN-TO, VAN-DAL)

Here's the two trades that I would like to see happen to get rid of some cap and stregnthen our top 6.

to VAN:

• Franson (UFA) - Solid top 6 defenceman who can provide some offence

• Kadri - I know he hasn't proven himself but it's worth the gamble in my opinion

• Bozak - Solid 3rd liner to play with Higgins and Hansen

to TO:

• Luongo - need I say more?

to VAN:

• Benn (RFA) - In my opinion, he is the perfect winger for the Sedins', he's big, fast, has sick hands, and a hard, accurate shot. He would be an instant fan favourite, local Victoria boy

to DAL:

• Edler - I hate the thought of giving him up but if there's anyone I would want in return for him it would be Benn

• Raymond

• Schroeder - Kadri can fill in for him

Top 6 after trades: (without Kes)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Benn - Booth

Top 6 after trades: (with Kes healthy)

Sedin - Sedin - Benn

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Defence:

Hammer - Bieksa

Franson - Garrison

Tanev - Ballard

What do you guys think?

Edit: Added Bozak to the Lu trade becuase I forgot Franson was a UFA

I feel we could do better for Luongo and I think Dallas wouldn't do that trade. Although I think the value is pretty fair for Benn, he is the Stars' franchise player and would expect no less than the moon for him. I would be guessing Edler + Kesler and maybe a pick would be the minimum it would take to get Nieuwendyk on the phone for Benn. I realize he is an RFA but the new CBA seems to favor the teams big time over RFAs. In other words there is no way Dallas is moving Benn at this time.

i just wanna say the second trade is preposterous

first trade makes little sense cuz first it makes sense for van to go for a 3rd line forward

however i believe franson is not needed and just for luongo tor wont dare give up franson whos' a budding dman

kadri's not proven so i think bozak would be a better option

he'sa 3rd-line match and can provide chemistry

I feel we could do better for Luongo and I think Dallas wouldn't do that trade. Although I think the value is pretty fair for Benn, he is the Stars' franchise player and would expect no less than the moon for him. I would be guessing Edler + Kesler and maybe a pick would be the minimum it would take to get Nieuwendyk on the phone for Benn. I realize he is an RFA but the new CBA seems to favor the teams big time over RFAs. In other words there is no way Dallas is moving Benn at this time.

Archived