The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

In the end as maaaany people have pointed out the music doesn't matter much at the end of the day.

"The team needs you" is just tongue and cheek so no worries there, obviously the Canucks don't need such things to win games as they are top end professional athletes (well most of them lets hope).

I realize that folks don't want to hear that other people don't like things that they do but I honestly believe that this intro has had its time and it is definately a good move to get going in another direction.

I like our opening song, gets me jacked up the first couple minutes lol... after that meh, yeah your right. I liked the Sharks using Metallicas - seek and destroy, with sharks swimming all over the ice.

Our bigger problem though is our jerseys... I hated them when they came out, I prayed id grow to love them, sadly no. The colours are feline, and it says Vancouver over the orca... change it plz. They shouldnt have changed from the previous jerseys. And they never should have replaced the banners of Linden, Smyl, to those ugly colors, shame on you Canucks, shame on you.

Perhaps Top 40 doesn't suit the taste of all the kids in the audience.

When I was 12 or 13 and beyond, I know for a fact I didn't want to listen to whatever the crappy pop music was at the time (early to mid 90s). For me it was all about Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Bush, etc. A little later I started to really appreciate the classics from the 70s and 80s. Why cant there be more of this? The radio-friendly versions anyways.

So supposedly because of the kids nowadays, the rest of us have to suffer through New Direction, Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Bieber, and all the rest of that type of noise at a hockey game? I'm not saying this "music" should be eliminated completely but in my opinion it should toned way down. Maybe I'm wrong but this junk seems pretty dominant on the playlist.

Yeah, also - be advised - i have NEVER, nor will i EVER play anything by Justin Bieber. Further, I do try and tone it down when playing the current hits. I honestly wish we were back in the early '90's when new music was actually worth listening to!

It's always tough finding that nice balance - but you, and other fans like you - will continue to make sure I'm on my toes, and I do appreciate it very much.

DJD

The point was made on the first page of the thread, and I was just echoing it, that the Canucks have no constancy in anything, from the jerseys to the music to anything else. So you can lol all you want, but if you had the mental capacity to understand anything more than basic language, you'd be able to follow the comparison. Obviously, you don't like the song, so you throw up a stupid straw man argument instead of just disagreeing. I like the song, but I also would like for the team to maintain a few things the same, and among them are the uniforms and the entry music.

I would beg to differ. the Canucks are very consistent in ONE category at the very least . . . .

WINNING.

I feel bad for the 'goosebump' people....lol.

However out with the old and in with the new. I remember when the 'Nucks and 'Hawks were meeting up in the playoffs all the time and we'd be able to watch both intro's at each clubs respective homegames and it wasn't even close in how much more badass Chicago's was over ours...I actually found it semi-embarassing that they were coming out to something like 'Stranglehold' and we were coming out to 'Where the Street's Have No Name'....I know this isn't a for sure thing yet but DJ Dave if you are reading this....the team needs you and I think a good chunk of Canuck's Nation needs you as well.

Please make this team better by removing the curse of Bono from our Hallowed Arena.

You'll be seeing something in the coming days, which addresses this very topic. Honestly, I'm split. U2 has all the elemnents; emotion, grandeur, tension building.

Stranglehold is a wonderful piece as well....

stay tuned!

DJD

Bagpipes...So ....Korn? I'm picking up what you are putting down.

Seriously though, there is supposed to be something called Home Ice Advantage and alot of that has to do with home team crowd cheering and jeering and getting into the game. I would argue that when you start the night off with a weak song that gives people "goosebumps", you are not using the potential to its advantage. Get the crowd pumped and excited, don't give them goosebumps and nervous anxiety. Vancouver people already suffer from enough emotional dis-orders as it is.

Sorps - Bad Boys Running Wild

Great beginning, doesn't take a long time to get moving. Chorus relates well to hockey.

It's a little rough and unpolished kind of like the game and players we cheers for.

Edit it to play from the beginning until 56 seconds, then loop the chorus a few times as needed time wise.

Chorus begins at 1:23

Give it a listed Mr DJ.

Archived