The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

I was listening to 1040 the other morning and the morning show was talking about home ice advantage and if it actually still existed in this league because so many of the arenas are brand new and essentially the same. Gone are the days where there were certain arenas that were dark and smoky and downright intimidating.

So the question is: how do you create an intimidating arena?

The answer is Atmosphere.

the music doesn't appeal to the demographic. Like it or not, music plays a huge role in atmosphere. Most people that are old enough to be able to afford to go to a game do not want to listen to teenage music. It is annoying. Would you enjoy a jazz club if you didnt like jazz? Ofcourse not. The same can be said for a hockey game. When I go to a game, I don't want to be bombarded with music by Britney Spears, Rihanna, Kesha, or some douche euro DJ at every stop in play. It annoys me and its hard to get fired up when you are annoyed.

DJ Dave-just because nicki minaj type artists are popular in mainstream media, does not make it appropriate for a Canucks game. Everyone is tired of it, as expressed through all of the threads on here. You have stated before that you dont want GM place to be like Gillette field where they play Welcome to the Jungle all game long. Well you know what? Gillette field has a way better atmosphere than we have. Certain songs are meant to be played at sporting events, just like certain songs are meant to played at nightclubs. Quit trying to mix the two please.

Lifelong Canuck fan

This has got to be the stupidest discussion on CDC. This (or the goal song) always comes up seemingly every month. How much does this matter really? It's played once at the start of the game. Seriously if you're not pumped just to be at the game why are you their in the first place? Do you think the players really care what is being played in the background as they skate out? I'm sure they all go through their own pre-game rituals, they don't rely on whatever DJ Dave's pulled out his ass to pump them up. FFS you have 18, 000+ fans in the stands ranging from age one to one foot in the ground they're not all going to agree on what music should be played. If you can't handle four minutes of a song being played then maybe you should have a drink before the games to mellow yourself out.

Guest TheVancouverCanucks!

To be totally honest; that soundtrack sounds completely perfect for a team like the Canucks! Some of the Canucks (Weise and Schneider) were saying they would like a song that pumps up the team when they skate out and this soundtrack would pump up everyone for sure. The tune seems to build up and get more intense as the song proceeds. Build up the suspense and the players could skate out at the 55 second mark where the soundtrack gets really intense. The song could be edited in terms of lyrics, otherwise this is perfect in my opinion!

DJ DAVE - IF YOU ARE READING THIS POST; SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THIS INTRO SONG!

To be totally honest; that soundtrack sounds completely perfect for a team like the Canucks! Some of the Canucks (Weise and Schneider) were saying they would like a song that pumps up the team when they skate out and this soundtrack would pump up everyone for sure. The tune seems to build up and get more intense as the song proceeds. Build up the suspense and the players could skate out at the 55 second mark where the soundtrack gets really intense. The song could be edited in terms of lyrics, otherwise this is perfect in my opinion!

DJ DAVE - IF YOU ARE READING THIS POST; SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THIS INTRO SONG!

Guest TheVancouverCanucks!

the collaboration with orchestra aswell as tech (piano) then the addiition of a metal band, does make it an esentially perfect pump up song.

Check some of the other songs from the album as well, I personally find they would all serve as epic intros, land of snow and sorrow is my favourite however.

Who ever put the U2 song together with the siren was genius...why don't they come up with the new intro song?

Someone mentioned welcome to the jungle...I like it with some tweeking. It even has the siren incorporated in the background already. We should keep a siren theme. It will be our identity like the U2 song. Anyone who doesn't care for the U2 song is either a new fan or not a Canucks fan at all and has no sense of sentimental connection to the team and song. I know the opposing teams goal horn songs can annoy me like the Blackhawks because of the negative emotion attached to it.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kr8-E8may2Y&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dkr8-E8may2Y

Archived