The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

How about we leave god and his love out of this...

seriously though, who gives a rats ass? Fans in Van will always be the way they are, you aren't going to change that. When we score they cheer. When we don't they don't. you aren't going to turn them into anything they aren't. Van is not like TO... We are laid back... sort of...

Yea, no kidding.. if you're going to play crappy new music, at least play upbeat crappy music to pump up the crowd.

Rihanna is HORRIBLE. AWFUL.

And that Make Some Noise!!11!1eleven crap is getting obnoxious... especially when he plays it after we get scored on...

I hope you read this, DJ DAVE! YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

I was listening to 1040 the other morning and the morning show was talking about home ice advantage and if it actually still existed in this league because so many of the arenas are brand new and essentially the same. Gone are the days where there were certain arenas that were dark and smoky and downright intimidating.

So the question is: how do you create an intimidating arena?

The answer is Atmosphere.

the music doesn't appeal to the demographic. Like it or not, music plays a huge role in atmosphere. Most people that are old enough to be able to afford to go to a game do not want to listen to teenage music. It is annoying. Would you enjoy a jazz club if you didnt like jazz? Ofcourse not. The same can be said for a hockey game. When I go to a game, I don't want to be bombarded with music by Britney Spears, Rihanna, Kesha, or some douche euro DJ at every stop in play. It annoys me and its hard to get fired up when you are annoyed.

DJ Dave-just because nicki minaj type artists are popular in mainstream media, does not make it appropriate for a Canucks game. Everyone is tired of it, as expressed through all of the threads on here. You have stated before that you dont want GM place to be like Gillette field where they play Welcome to the Jungle all game long. Well you know what? Gillette field has a way better atmosphere than we have. Certain songs are meant to be played at sporting events, just like certain songs are meant to played at nightclubs. Quit trying to mix the two please.

Lifelong Canuck fan

Guest Gumballthechewy

I was listening to 1040 the other morning and the morning show was talking about home ice advantage and if it actually still existed in this league because so many of the arenas are brand new and essentially the same. Gone are the days where there were certain arenas that were dark and smoky and downright intimidating.

the music doesn't appeal to the demographic. Like it or not, music plays a huge role in atmosphere. Most people that are old enough to be able to afford to go to a game do not want to listen to teenage music. It is annoying. Would you enjoy a jazz club if you didnt like jazz? Ofcourse not. The same can be said for a hockey game. When I go to a game, I don't want to be bombarded with music by Britney Spears, Rihanna, Kesha, or some douche euro DJ at every stop in play. It annoys me and its hard to get fired up when you are annoyed.

DJ Dave-just because nicki minaj type artists are popular in mainstream media, does not make it appropriate for a Canucks game. Everyone is tired of it, as expressed through all of the threads on here. You have stated before that you dont want GM place to be like Gillette field where they play Welcome to the Jungle all game long. Well you know what? Gillette field has a way better atmosphere than we have. Certain songs are meant to be played at sporting events, just like certain songs are meant to played at nightclubs. Quit trying to mix the two please.

Lifelong Canuck fan

Lifelong Canuck fan

Lifelong Canuck fan

I've yet to hear Skeletons of Society by Slayer played for an opening

http://youtu.be/QSZ-0Mr30mU

Also, quit getting randoms to sing the Canadian anthem. Mark Donelly (sp?) does a great job and gets the crowd involved, so just stick with it. DJ Dave, for the love of a single celled organism 'put your haaaaaands together' seems to make people do the opposite. Figure it out Bro

Someone posted this a while ago and I was like "Woah Ive been thinking this forever!" I think we need a song that when we walk in we feel like we got some serious swag coming on. Like you dont mess with us, dont forget who we are. Kind of a cocky song. Now this song wouldnt work for a few reasons but this song is a perfect EXAMPLE of the kind of song I think would get us feeling like we rock, and were back to rock you again : Allow me to introduce

This song is great. Trent Reznor's cover of Zeppelin's Immigrant Song:

It is especially fitting because it has a Swedish association to it because of the remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The lyrics is also intimidating to those American teams coming to our building from the south.

Archived