The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

I stumbled across Luongo's 'King of the Rink' the other day. In it he states that U2 is his favourite band. I think this could have contributed to the U2 intro song being used for so long.

Maybe when Luongo gets traded the intro song will be changed, not only because the man who it pumped up the most will be gone, but also to signify a changing of the guard. I wonder if the timing of Project NU2 is just a coincidence.

DJ Dave, can you speak to this?

First I've heard of it. we had Streets as the intro prior to Roberto coming here...

DJD

@canucksDJDave

Hello,

I am new here and had song ideas

For the intro song Last Resort (Instrumental) by Papa Roach could be good. I am not a big rock fan but this song is very fast paced and has a good guitar.

Also, I love U2 song we have has intro, but maybe the goal song could be U2. The song Elevation by U2 has a great hook for goal song.

http://youtu.be/9R3OgX-WeRo

These are only some suggestion I have, please do not be mad at me.

Thanks

Hey DJ Dave! I love that you take the time to listen to the fans. Like many people have said before, musical taste is diverse and at least you're trying. Me personally I don't mind the intro and goal song you have now, I would like a little more "Hard Rock" in the general mix like, Zeppelin (Immigrant Song) Sabbath (Paranoid), stuff like that. That's just my opinion though.

Keep up the good work!

I've got a little someting up my sleeve for the goal song. when we started using it - I think we all agreed that it wasn't the "be all and end all" of goal songs.

keep listening - next home game is this Wednesday.....(SPOILER ALERT)

DJD

@CanucksDJDave

I do believe you when you say you have never played Miley Cyrus at games Dave, I don't remember exactly which young female pop singer it was, but you get the idea.

I know your job is difficult, as you need to please everyone. I really just wish you would favor the young dude in his 20's more than the younger kids who love whatever is hot on the radio at the time. Venture outside the box a little. Heck i don't even like Metal but it would suit a hockey game better than electronic/pop/techno music.

A lot of great suggestions have been made in this thread and others. Let's get some good rowdy atmosphere into this arena Dave!! Are you with me?!?!!?

well you need to be specific when quoting certain "artists" (if you wanna call them that) as there is a fine line - one that I'm always balancing on - on what top 40 works for a hockey game, and what doesn't.

I'm thrilled to see all the suggestions and comments and we of course will incorporate a good amount and continue to try and make it work for everyone.

I overwhelmingly agree that there are "hockey-style" songs and those that really don't fit. That said, the bar has changed drastically over the past 3 years - across all sports and arenas/stadiums. gone are the days of 100% classic rock.

I encourage you to keep an eye on the playlists, and continue to send in suggestions..... we love them!

DJD

@CanucksDJDave

well you need to be specific when quoting certain "artists" (if you wanna call them that) as there is a fine line - one that I'm always balancing on - on what top 40 works for a hockey game, and what doesn't.

I'm thrilled to see all the suggestions and comments and we of course will incorporate a good amount and continue to try and make it work for everyone.

I overwhelmingly agree that there are "hockey-style" songs and those that really don't fit. That said, the bar has changed drastically over the past 3 years - across all sports and arenas/stadiums. gone are the days of 100% classic rock.

I encourage you to keep an eye on the playlists, and continue to send in suggestions..... we love them!

DJD

@CanucksDJDave

I've got a little someting up my sleeve for the goal song. when we started using it - I think we all agreed that it wasn't the "be all and end all" of goal songs.

DJD

@CanucksDJDave

Guest Gumballthechewy

DJD

@CanucksDJDave

As much as I don't mind the U2 song, it's mostly the opening guitar riff that makes it work, otherwise it's a little mellow. Something more intense would be good.

If we're going to be suggesting songs for DJ Dave I'd go with

Sons of War by Two Steps from Hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnIMQElwqUk

or

Own Little World by Celldweller

This would be my suggestion for an opening. I think most people who don't even like the genre might like this one for a hockey intro. Good steady beat, brisk pace, crunching guitars, and energy. That is exactly what's needed for a hockey intro (with a few exceptions).

(Videos removed...content/title inappropriate for family site)

A reminder, folks, that explicit lyrics/titles/band names are not appropriate here...in the case that they are part of your submission, please send via p/m to avoid being posted here for all to view. Thanks.

:)

Best intro in the league! I would completely disagree if the lyrics "i want to run, i want to hide" were actually being sung during the intro, but they are not. Its just a song and its been with the Canucks for 10+ years, I cant imagine them skating out to any other song.

Archived