536 replies to this topic

#271 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,821 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Only had 5mins to put this together, so horribly edited with horrible sound (didn't want the original U2 to interfere with the music, but it still does a little) but you get the idea.

And for the record, I'm for keeping the U2. And yes, I realise this might not be everyone's favourite genre, but meh. I'm prepared for a lot of criticism :)

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 22 January 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#272 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

I don't like the U2 intro, but whatever that was lastnight, you reached an alltime low. That was awefull.

Use something with some energy, something heavy. Metallica, Motorhead, or anything but that crap we heard lastnight.

No doubt. It was almost like some perverse attempt to validate the use of the U2 song long past it's best before date by playing something even less appropriate/more horrible.

Dear Canuck organization,

This is not rocket dentistry. Pick just about any harder rock/metal song that has a aura of aggression and "pump up" to it. Anything in that vein will be a vast improvement over either of these two choices you have made.

It's not difficult. Twenty nine other NHL teams have figured it out. Countless other sports franchises and leagues spanning multitudes of varying sports have figured it out. FIGURE IT OUT.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#273 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

That's great if you have a knitted sweater and skinny pants on but what about anyone over 25?

Lots of good bands from Vancouver from all genres

http://en.m.wikipedi...ritish_Columbia

This isn't about what you think is cool

it's about everyone
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#274 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rDrOVaMYIE

Only had 5mins to put this together, so horribly edited with horrible sound (didn't want the original U2 to interfere with the music, but it still does a little) but you get the idea.

And for the record, I'm for keeping the U2. And yes, I realise this might not be everyone's favourite genre, but meh. I'm prepared for a lot of criticism :)

The "energy" of the music isn't far off but I'm still of the opinion it's to "friendly"/feline.

I'm sorry but skate out music shouldn't be "uplifting" it should be "aggressive". It should be "warrior". It should say to your opponent:

"You're in our barn. We're going to mercilessly rip your beating hearts out of your chest and shove them down your dying throats."

Metaphorically of course ::D
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#275 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,821 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

That's great if you have a knitted sweater and skinny pants on but what about anyone over 25?

Lots of good bands from Vancouver from all genres

http://en.m.wikipedi...ritish_Columbia

This isn't about what you think is cool

it's about everyone

I didn't say it was. I'm simply having a bit of fun putting something together in my time off (I should really be working...oops). I'm not trying to force it down anyone's throat.

I don't wear skinny jeans either so drop the stereotypes, Mr. Gothic metal :lol:

#276 Headshot

Headshot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I've always though the Fix You by Coldplay is an unreal intro song. Too bad the Habs already have it

#277 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I still don't see what was so wrong with U2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUNoRBOQ0zo

Yup, still gives me goosebumps.

New opening sucks. Just plain sucks.
Posted Image

#278 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

I've always taken a bit of pride in the fact that almost everyone has hated most of the music I like throughout life....kind of reassuring.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#279 Burr-Its-Cold

Burr-Its-Cold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

How about Days Go By by the offspring? Sounds like a good fit.

Might be a bit too upbeat though. Not as upbeat as the new intro though, lol.

Edited by Burr-Its-Cold, 23 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

Posted Image

Free Patchey and iE!

#280 exhalebritishcolumbia

exhalebritishcolumbia

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I wish they would keep U2. I feel like the song is "part" of the Canucks now. There's been so many good memories with it and I find it to be a perfect song... The way it starts out slow, and slowly starting building up with the sirens. Nothing can beat Where The Streets Have No Name + Towel Power!
KEEP U2!!!(Also, as much as I love the goal song we have right now, I wish Holiday was still our goal song! Again, so many memories attatched with it and was our song for YEARS before they changed it last year. Keep some things the same! Stop screwing around!)

Edited by exhalebritishcolumbia, 23 January 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#281 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

POPULAR

We already have the worst crowd noise in the league, but I think most of this has to do with the inability of DJ Dave to pump up the crowd in ANY way.

As most people have said, DJ Dave had 8 months to think of new ideas and not only did he re-vamp our intro into something ridiculously embarrassing, he is still using the same overused soundtracks.

I think I hear "MAKE SOME NOISE" at least 3-4 times a game at the WORST possible times, to go with Rihanna and other uninspiring music. How does this guy have a gig still?

I know DJ Dave is on this board so PLEASE get your act together.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#282 Yung Pony

Yung Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

POPULAR

Seriously, there have to be thousands of "DJs" in Vancouver who could do a better job. I wonder how he still has the gig. Is he related to someone in a strong position?
Posted Image

#283 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

POPULAR

Should be publicly flogged!
Posted Image

#284 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

POPULAR

I say for the love of god scrap those freaking green men.

#285 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

POPULAR

The fans in that arena are useless. On GCL I have had the opportunity to listen to many of the arenas and Rogers is like a morgue. Nothing to do with the music, the fans are timid and self conscious.

The organisation should give a block of 50 seats to some working class guys and let them "tune up" the rest of the fans. What's the point of record sell outs if they are passionless.

The Canucks need 1000 of my home town fans to show you how it's done. A town with a pop of 50,000 but with the rep of being the noisiest in the UK league.

Edited by Bodee, 23 January 2013 - 03:46 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#286 BlurTriX

BlurTriX

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Oh who cares? Potato?

Untitled.png

#287 jamadian33

jamadian33

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Are you seriously complaining about the DJ? Really? Maybe the crowd is the problem because its a bunch of people in suits. But the new intro song does suck. The guitar intro to "Streets" was way better it had a good vibe to it and set us apart from other teams that use the same old nickleback,Metallica,ACDC worn out stadium anthems.

#288 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I cant believe you are turning on your DJ. haha... its just music and you have torches and pitchforks.

I understand the POINT you're trying to make but do the ends justify the means?

you guys could use a bit of practice on being respectful because i can bet money you wouldnt say those things to his face (if he was standing in front of you). you know why? cause its flipping RUDE. The dude has a boss and you're NOT it...

Treat people how you want to be treated and dont go thinking your the "Boss of the world".

Im sure youre a really great guys but this just seems unproductive and critical.

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 23 January 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#289 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I agree.

#290 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

If fans need just the right music in order to cheer once in a while there is something wrong with either the fans or the product on the ice.

#291 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

POPULAR

I say for the love of god scrap those freaking green men.

You bite your tongue.

/=S=/

#292 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

POPULAR

Normally I don't care about this kind of stuff, but that intro was so freekin' bad I would have fired him on the spot. Just awful. A recording of a cat coughing up a hairball would sound better. Embarassing.

#293 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

DJ Dave if you read this thread I would like to suggest this as the new entrance song for the Canucks.

Listen to the first minute of it tell me what you think.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#294 Left Ventricle

Left Ventricle

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Normally I don't care about this kind of stuff, but that intro was so freekin' bad I would have fired him on the spot. Just awful. A recording of a cat coughing up a hairball would sound better. Embarassing.

This ^

#295 Duda

Duda

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

...i can bet money you wouldnt say those things to his face (if he was standing in front of you). you know why? cause its flipping RUDE. The dude has a boss and you're NOT it...

hell yeah i would, the music selection and overused hype clips are flipping rude.

#296 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

DJ Dave if you read this thread I would like to suggest this as the new entrance song for the Canucks.

Listen to the first minute of it tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wZjCFcv6aK4

Perfect.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#297 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Man...............don't you see?...............are you deaf?..............it's the people in the seats. They are monks!

!
Kevin.jpg

#298 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

hell yeah i would, the music selection and overused hype clips are flipping rude.

You don't like the music. Fine. But there are an awful lot of people to try to please and sorry, your taste in music isn't perfect for everyone either.

#299 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

POPULAR

I actually like the intro.. I just wish that instead of using Finale by Madeon when the Canucks skate onto the ice, he would transition it back to the old U2 Where the Streets Have No Name song..

Besides, I like the song.. I'm sorry if you like pop music or rock and roll or whatever but that's long gone.. rock and roll is just not the type of culture Vancouver has and never will.

Edited by Markus Alexander Cody, 23 January 2013 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#300 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Not sure how the fan base would respond to this...but this has pumped me up for years !!!!!

..this would be so perfect though

Edited by vanfan73, 23 January 2013 - 04:41 PM.

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.