The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

The current intro sounds ok, but like others have mentioned, it's almost been linked with our playoff failures. It does NOT provide a sense of confidence before a big game, nowadays it just reminds me of the Chicago losses and the Boston game 7 loss.

As for what to do for a new song, I'm not sure. I'd prefer something bad ass and upbeat, but not sure if everyone will agree. I'd love it to be the beginning of this song with no lyrics, or something similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30clqLNxJPc

To each his own, but that would make me want to smash somebody good

I really like it, I'd be upset if they didn't keep it. Everytime I hear it I get shivers. And for people complaining about the lyrics of the song, last time I checked the lyrics don't even come on.

I also agree with Nas19, I've had enough of the team changing everything all the time. The true elite teams know that their fans want to enjoy traditions, notice that most of the original 6 have kept their jerseys since that era.

I really like it, I'd be upset if they didn't keep it. Everytime I hear it I get shivers. And for people complaining about the lyrics of the song, last time I checked the lyrics don't even come on.

I also agree with Nas19, I've had enough of the team changing everything all the time. The true elite teams know that their fans want to enjoy traditions, notice that most of the original 6 have kept their jerseys since that era.

keeping an opening that only people in the building and playoff TV see isnt "traditon"

and an even bigger lol @ comparing original 6 sweaters to a U2 Opening lol...

there is no "tradition" associated with this song, losing is associated with it

and i'm fairly certain even original 6 teams change their opening fairly frequently, maybe the fact that we have not changed ours in so long speaks louder to the fact that change is needed, not to continue on where we are.

I feel bad for the 'goosebump' people....lol.

However out with the old and in with the new. I remember when the 'Nucks and 'Hawks were meeting up in the playoffs all the time and we'd be able to watch both intro's at each clubs respective homegames and it wasn't even close in how much more badass Chicago's was over ours...I actually found it semi-embarassing that they were coming out to something like 'Stranglehold' and we were coming out to 'Where the Street's Have No Name'....I know this isn't a for sure thing yet but DJ Dave if you are reading this....the team needs you and I think a good chunk of Canuck's Nation needs you as well.

Please make this team better by removing the curse of Bono from our Hallowed Arena.

I feel bad for the 'goosebump' people....lol.

However out with the old and in with the new. I remember when the 'Nucks and 'Hawks were meeting up in the playoffs all the time and we'd be able to watch both intro's at each clubs respective homegames and it wasn't even close in how much more badass Chicago's was over ours...I actually found it semi-embarassing that they were coming out to something like 'Stranglehold' and we were coming out to 'Where the Street's Have No Name'....I know this isn't a for sure thing yet but DJ Dave if you are reading this....the team needs you and I think a good chunk of Canuck's Nation needs you as well.

Please make this team better by removing the curse of Bono from our Hallowed Arena.

keeping an opening that only people in the building and playoff TV see isnt "traditon"

and an even bigger lol @ comparing original 6 sweaters to a U2 Opening lol...

there is no "tradition" associated with this song, losing is associated with it

and i'm fairly certain even original 6 teams change their opening fairly frequently, maybe the fact that we have not changed ours in so long speaks louder to the fact that change is needed, not to continue on where we are.

The real losers it appears to me are the fans.

Jeez it's either boom or bust with most of you. Always looking for scapegoats, excuses, for what is basically a game where one team takes on another to see which is best.

The music has absolutely f-----all to do with the performance of the team or the outcome. Are you guys so sad, so detached from reality that you seriously think it has?

PS If you want music to slaughter people to then get some bagpipe music. There have been more slaughterings committed to bagpipe music than ever was done to Heavy/Death/ Disney Metal.

Archived