Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,787 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Or for Canadian Content:

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#362 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Agree with No Heart (for the most part) and I am a music fan. House, Dubstep, Electro, etc just isn't hockey music. What got me pumped to play was Pantera, Disturbed (10 Thousand Fists in The Air would be sweet), System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine (imagine the intros).

http://youtu.be/zSHtniUl8V4

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#363 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

If fans need just the right music in order to cheer once in a while there is something wrong with either the fans or the product on the ice.

Combination of all three. The suits kill the atmosphere, the DJ is bush league and if the product isn't performing, the other two won't help.

That said, I've been saying this a lot lately. The in-game entertainment is terrible. I don't need to be told over the speakers to 'make some noise' or to 'put my hands together'. I don't go to a game to get fired up by Kesha or Rhianna. I'd rather they play music to get people into the game, not dance in the stands.

It's not just Canucks games, I went to a Lions game earlier, before half of the defensive plays, we got told to "make some noise", latter half of the game, few were making noise. It's brutal, and when I get told to make some noise repeatedly during a game, I'm more inclined to sit on my hands because I'm more annoyed by it than anything.

What I don't understand is why the fans can't get it going like soccer fans at Caps games. They have no problem keeping themselves entertained for 90 minutes. Why can't hockey fans?
Posted Image

#364 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

We already have the worst crowd noise in the league, but I think most of this has to do with the inability of DJ Dave to pump up the crowd in ANY way.

As most people have said, DJ Dave had 8 months to think of new ideas and not only did he re-vamp our intro into something ridiculously embarrassing, he is still using the same overused soundtracks.

I think I hear "MAKE SOME NOISE" at least 3-4 times a game at the WORST possible times, to go with Rihanna and other uninspiring music. How does this guy have a gig still?

I know DJ Dave is on this board so PLEASE get your act together.

this is so beautiful

It choked me up
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#365 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I like the intro. It has a nice build and works pretty well as a pump up song.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#366 Chuck in the Truck

Chuck in the Truck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Well yes DJD should either play better music or get sent to the farm.Music sucks ,crowd sucks cause when im there i see most people so busy on cell phones or trying to tape game they have no time to cheer and well lower bowl mostly corporate or one time fans cause they got the tickets given to them soooo ya

#367 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I like the intro. It has a nice build and works pretty well as a pump up song.

thats 4 guys, 4 people like it guys
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#368 Burr-Its-Cold

Burr-Its-Cold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ

Does actually does play that and occasionally some more foo fighters. Still, I want more rock! :shock:

Posted Image

Free Patchey and iE!

#369 trek

trek

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

whoops wrong thread

Edited by trek, 23 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#370 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I heard some metallica enter sandman before the SO's

Commissioner of 2014-2015 Shapheat Fantasy Hockey League

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#371 PaulStevens27

PaulStevens27

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Shinedown's "Sound of Madness" as the Canucks skate out, timed properly with "watch your back!" gets my vote... Should put the fear of God in their opponents

#372 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

You want an intro song that will get you pumped and no other team in the league (as far as I know) uses?

Here you go:

And for a goal song how about this:

(It's supposed to start at the 52 second mark)

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 24 January 2013 - 12:39 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#373 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Was at game tonight. DJ Dave played more rock music for sure... First whistle of the game, guess what he played? Foo Fighters.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#374 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,516 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Here's the latest from the Project NU2:

I want to run - I want to hide

One song. Two sentences. Eight words. Twenty-one letters. Too many varied opinions to count.

When the Vancouver Canucks were introduced for their regular season opener last Saturday night, they skated out to DJ M.E.G.’s Stock-Holm; that song was once again played Sunday night, before Map of the Problematique by Muse ushered the Canucks out Wednesday against the Calgary Flames.

Yes, the Vancouver Canucks are officially on the hunt for a new entrance song.

Judging from the response Kathy Anderson got when discussing U2, it’s a hot topic.

Again, U2’s Where the Streets Have No Name will no longer be the only song played when the Canucks skate onto the ice; it will still be used, in rotation, with a handful of other songs, none of which the Canucks are locked into.

We do things different on the West Coast, as is reflected in the recently released Our Team, Our Way campaign, featuring everything that makes living and playing hockey in Vancouver unique.

In sticking with that, the hunt for a truly original song began; it’s time the Canucks skated out to something fresh in hopes of firing the team and the fans up to provide the ultimate home ice advantage en route to the ultimate prize.

While no song suggestion is bad, we’ve come up with some criteria for what we’re looking for musically:

-It should drive energy and anticipation of the upcoming battle

-Something unique you won’t hear in any other arenas or stadiums

-A timeless quality (Sorry, Gangnam Style supporters)

-It must resonate with our large, diverse Canucks family

-Must have a huge impact in a short amount of time (the team’s only skating for 1-2 minutes and the first few seconds are critical)

-Should possess an anthemic je ne sais quoi

Obviously we’re looking to avoid all outdated/cliché songs, and also tunes with narrow appeal. While AC/DC’sThunderstruck, Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson and anything from Metallica is frequently heard with other teams, it’s a new season and it’s time for a new song for the Canucks.

That’s where you come in. Your opinion matters to us, so have your say below. Your voice will help determine the future.

Clearly, they're open to suggestions, just so long as no one takes Bruce Allen up on his idea to hire Chad Kroeger to write something for us. There is a submission form there to put in your ideas, and they'll consider it for one of the possible intro songs.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#375 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,516 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I submitted my choice, even though I love the U2 intro:

It has that EPIC movie sound building as a part of an opening video right up to 0:57 - where it could pause and the announcer could say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, your Vancouver Canucks!" - at which point the music could begin again with the drop into the dubstep. I'm not even a fan of dubstep but I think this actually makes sense from a musical standpoint.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#376 ghosttomost

ghosttomost

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Wow, I can't believe people are against the U2 intro. It would be hard to find a better pump up song than that.

But, if we're looking, I thought someone else's suggestions of Japandriods was genius. They're a Vancouver band so it would a great promotion for some local guys:

#377 brooker

brooker

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I think we need a song from a west coast band of BC to represent these are my picks.

Artist - Daniel Wesley
Song - Radio

Daniel Wesley out of white rock BC has a little steady strum and is a good all around song. Not sure if it is intro worthy but good for a west coast consideration

Artist - Current Swell
Song - Coming home

These guys are out of Victoria BC The first 25 seconds can be skipped by DJ Dave or can use the twang to build the anticipation in the tunnel for the boys. It is a little country rock/reggae but still had a pump jam without heavy lame bass. Plus the name is Coming home and we are playing at our home.

http://oncallheroes....hood-re-release
Artist - On Call Heroes
Song - Brotherhood (outbro)

Originally these twins were from Port Alberni BC but the rest of the band and creativity is from Victoria. It's loud, it's rock and the first 1:30 is action packed and LOUD.

#378 Rick Rypien

Rick Rypien

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

As an 18 year old, I apologize for my generation, as well as the one that follows mine. We are the reason such sh!tty music gets played in arenas and probably the reason were losing U2 as our opener. Please DJ Dave, we love U2, its OUR OPENING. No one else has one like it. Stop trying to change it to appeal to all these losers.
Posted Image

#379 ghosttomost

ghosttomost

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I posted this in the other thread, but I think Japandroids would be perfect. 1) They're local! 2) Good pump up song. 3) Lyrics.

#380 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

http://youtu.be/y5vr_Vhoumc?t=2m11s

Dead Sara rocks!

Just to promote these guys...

Edited by Ray Canuck, 24 January 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#381 jamadian33

jamadian33

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

ACE OF SPADES - Lemmy cannot be denied

#382 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

You don't like the music. Fine. But there are an awful lot of people to try to please and sorry, your taste in music isn't perfect for everyone either.

If fans need just the right music in order to cheer once in a while there is something wrong with either the fans or the product on the ice.

DJ Dave is that you?
Posted Image

#383 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

yeah its DJ Daves fault that our crowds blow lmao

This
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#384 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

POPULAR

I was listening to 1040 the other morning and the morning show was talking about home ice advantage and if it actually still existed in this league because so many of the arenas are brand new and essentially the same. Gone are the days where there were certain arenas that were dark and smoky and downright intimidating.

So the question is: how do you create an intimidating arena?
The answer is Atmosphere.

the music doesn't appeal to the demographic. Like it or not, music plays a huge role in atmosphere. Most people that are old enough to be able to afford to go to a game do not want to listen to teenage music. It is annoying. Would you enjoy a jazz club if you didnt like jazz? Ofcourse not. The same can be said for a hockey game. When I go to a game, I don't want to be bombarded with music by Britney Spears, Rihanna, Kesha, or some douche euro DJ at every stop in play. It annoys me and its hard to get fired up when you are annoyed.

DJ Dave-just because nicki minaj type artists are popular in mainstream media, does not make it appropriate for a Canucks game. Everyone is tired of it, as expressed through all of the threads on here. You have stated before that you dont want GM place to be like Gillette field where they play Welcome to the Jungle all game long. Well you know what? Gillette field has a way better atmosphere than we have. Certain songs are meant to be played at sporting events, just like certain songs are meant to played at nightclubs. Quit trying to mix the two please.

Lifelong Canuck fan
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#385 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

lol @ people who want to keep U2 "i want to run, i want to hide" great lyrics for a song that's supposed to pump up the team/crowd lmao.

we need a new song

Edited by Primus099, 24 January 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#386 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Shinedown's "Sound of Madness" as the Canucks skate out, timed properly with "watch your back!" gets my vote... Should put the fear of God in their opponents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGt-8adyabk

+1 I mentioned that in the other thread awile back would be a sweet song to skate out to

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 24 January 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#387 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I thought I would throw a few suggestions out there... (repost from other thread)

rock:
pretender - foo fighters

black betty

sound of madness

here comes the boom

red flag

powerman 5000

Other:

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#388 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

also, if we're down heading into the 3rd this would be a good song to play when they come out after the 2nd intermission

#389 jannik freaking hansen

jannik freaking hansen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

This has got to be the stupidest discussion on CDC. This (or the goal song) always comes up seemingly every month. How much does this matter really? It's played once at the start of the game. Seriously if you're not pumped just to be at the game why are you their in the first place? Do you think the players really care what is being played in the background as they skate out? I'm sure they all go through their own pre-game rituals, they don't rely on whatever DJ Dave's pulled out his ass to pump them up. FFS you have 18, 000+ fans in the stands ranging from age one to one foot in the ground they're not all going to agree on what music should be played. If you can't handle four minutes of a song being played then maybe you should have a drink before the games to mellow yourself out.

#390 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Use crazy train by the great ozz man that will get ya in the mood :emot-parrot:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.