536 replies to this topic

#421 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

DJ Dave and The Green Men thrown in with Mason Raymond, Manny Malhotra and Keith Ballard in the Luongo trade package.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#422 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Seriously...not even joking I remember when I saw this on a playoffs pump up video....I was bumped for the playoffs after watching the Canucks to this...the hook is so fitting.

Credit to Samjam99......since he got flames on TSN poor kid has gone MIA, but yes...ya see what I mean?

Edited by The Kassassin Train, 25 January 2013 - 12:23 AM.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#423 Burr-Its-Cold

Burr-Its-Cold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Wow, I can't believe people are against the U2 intro. It would be hard to find a better pump up song than that.

But, if we're looking, I thought someone else's suggestions of Japandriods was genius. They're a Vancouver band so it would a great promotion for some local guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVCtbfuDqw

Wow this is perfect, I'm gonna submit this too.

Edited by Burr-Its-Cold, 25 January 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image

Free Patchey and iE!

#424 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

#425 EveILL

EveILL

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Sorry but this did nothing to pump me up. Does it pump you up?

Maybe some people do get jacked up to synthesizer music. Though I do not know any of them.

Maybe the Canucks can dress up in Tron uniforms and skate around the ice while they glow.. maybe that will help the song... LOL :bigblush:

#426 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

http://canucks.nhl.c...vid=DL|VAN|home

put your suggestions here

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#427 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

:canucks: You need "pumped up" in order to support your own team..............I don't understand...........is this a Canadian thing?
Kevin.jpg

#428 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#429 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

I'm a huge phan of Phish and I just have to say this...for all the opening or intro might suck...it's really awesome to hear him work in a couple of Phish jams througjhout the game...I've heard "AC/DC Bag" "Kill Devil Falls" and the intro to "Chalk Dust Torture" before face-offs countless times. While I'm not a fan of the intro...Dave's got some good taste in music played other times.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#430 KingstonCanuck

KingstonCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

:canucks: You need "pumped up" in order to support your own team..............I don't understand...........is this a Canadian thing?

I'll always support my team, but it's hard to jump up and shout when you're forced to stick your fingers in your ears during most stoppages in play.

Any problem caused by a tank Edler can also be solved by a tank Edler.

#431 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

They're actually asking for feedback/suggestions:

http://canucks.nhl.c...vid=DL|VAN|home

And, Champions of Nothing, help me out here. Local boy, song starts with cheerleaders (...that's the way we spell success)...I think it would be awesome as they come down the tunnel and on the ice for warm ups. That part, at the beginning, then it transitions, beautifully, from the intro into the song for the actual warm up - not too intense, but builds in momentum.

Giant (Matthew Good Band). It would work.

or, Everything Is Automatic.

We need something all our own.

EDIT: OK, in reading more that Japandroids band/song (being local talent) would also get my support. I just like the idea of throwing something uniquely our own into the mix. That one would work (lyrics fit too).

Edited by debluvscanucks, 26 January 2013 - 07:31 AM.

Posted Image

#432 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,417 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

POPULAR

Cochise..Audioslave got my vote

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#433 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

That's a good one too, 1915 ^^^ I could support that one.

Posted Image

#434 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Cochise..Audioslave got my vote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMvN45sjo4

Love it!

But..............

That's what the Bruins would do with their flag through the stands gig :sadno:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#435 DJ Dave

DJ Dave

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

POPULAR

We already have the worst crowd noise in the league, but I think most of this has to do with the inability of DJ Dave to pump up the crowd in ANY way.

As most people have said, DJ Dave had 8 months to think of new ideas and not only did he re-vamp our intro into something ridiculously embarrassing, he is still using the same overused soundtracks.

I think I hear "MAKE SOME NOISE" at least 3-4 times a game at the WORST possible times, to go with Rihanna and other uninspiring music. How does this guy have a gig still?

I know DJ Dave is on this board so PLEASE get your act together.

HELLO FRIENDS!

Make no mistake - I absolutely LOVE all of your comments and passion for our beloved Canucks! Wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing worse than an apathetic and lame fan base. I'm proud to be among Canucks Nation, as well as being the DJ.

Now - you must all understand that I take this very seriously. At the start of every year, there's a team that develops elements such as the opening video, player entrance piece, goal song and many other important elements of game presentation. The team represents a wide variety of demographics and tastes, just like our fan base, and we often have the same types of debates that show up on this message board.

With every creative element including music, we aim to try and appeal to our diverse fan base and also reflect the unique identity of the hockey club and our city. We focus on providing a soundtrack to the action on the ice which will create the best energy in the arena, while using a good combination of progressive, contemporary music in addition to classic rock and other iconic songs that fit the moment, the sport, and our club.

However, many of the artists that you all have referenced - I do NOT play. Starting next home game - Jan 30 vs. Colorado - I am going to start posting the playlists either after the game, or the next morning. I encourage you all to have a look, game by game, and maybe then get a better sense of what's actually being heard at the home games. (I haven’t played Rihanna once this year.....)

My most challenging task is to keep it fresh, and not repeat songs - if we can help it. If you listen to professional sports broadcasts - as I suspect most of you do - you'll hear the same song being played multiple times at each game, and the vast majority of those songs would be the same as they were in 1981. We're trying new things - some of which work well, some of which don't - in an attempt to be on the cutting edge of not only music, but overall game presentation.
It's also very much appreciated all the suggestions that you guys send in. For obvious reasons, there are selections that I simply can't play during the game (eg. those on the heavier side of speed metal). But make no mistake, I have gotten, and continue to get, many great ideas from the boards, and implement them during the games.

Enough said. Know that we take the comments to heart, and do try and please as many people as possible. Keep on being involved, and we’ll do the same.

DJD

#436 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I don't understand... The atmosphere at games is amazing or it was when I went... Some songs are bad but meh it's only a few. And everyone talks about the "suits" in the front rows, you know they don't sit in the front right? The front is usually filled with construction workers and other normal people since the "suits" are at the top in suites. Last time I went there was non-stop cheering and wave, it seems dull on tv because the crowd volume is cancelled out. If you have a problem with the crowd but tickets... It's only like185$ to sit at the centre in the 2nd/3rd row.

#437 Mr. Shakermaker

Mr. Shakermaker

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

POPULAR

I think you've COMPLETELY missed the boat DJ Dave, people are asking for heavier music, not necessarily Speed Metal as you just (exaggerated) per se. Even a little of the above listed Audioslave-level (as far as intensity goes) rock would do, with less pop music (which simply does not work with nhl hockey). Forget trying to please all parties and try to create a FEELING of greater intensity within the arena, which you have failed to do in all your years thus far. We see it happening in all these other arenas (which have been listed at noseum) and in other pro sports leagues to perfection (the nfl, the nba) so why be so stubborn?
Posted Image

#438 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

If fans need just the right music in order to cheer once in a while there is something wrong with either the fans or the product on the ice.

This.

You can also play all the music you want, it won't change the fact that a majority of fans in Rogers have their eyes glued to their phones during the game. Put your damn phone away, I hope someone gets nailed with a puck one day because they were too busy updating their Facebook status.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#439 DJ Dave

DJ Dave

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

I think you've COMPLETELY missed the boat DJ Dave, people are asking for heavier music, not necessarily Speed Metal as you just (exaggerated) per se. Even a little of the above listed Audioslave-level (as far as intensity goes) rock would do, with less pop music (which simply does not work with nhl hockey). Forget trying to please all parties and try to create a FEELING of greater intensity within the arena, which you have failed to do in all your years thus far. We see it happening in all these other arenas (which have been listed at noseum) and in other pro sports leagues to perfection (the nfl, the nba) so why be so stubborn?

Not being stubborn, just giving a little more insight. you'll see - as the season wears on, and the games get more intense, you'll notice more RAWK! Appreciate it.

DJD

#440 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Could you bring back Holiday DJ Dave? Just for a game and see what happens? Because honestly, I, among many Canucks fans, dislike the current one.

EDIT: I know this will never happen but why don't you play Chelsea Dagger if the Hawks score on Feb 1? hhaahaha :lol:

Edited by Markus Alexander Cody, 25 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#441 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Not being stubborn, just giving a little more insight. you'll see - as the season wears on, and the games get more intense, you'll notice more RAWK! Appreciate it.

DJD

Hey DJ Dave! I think what a lot of the people posting here are failing to understand is that music taste is very diverse and although there are some great metal songs and "heavier artists" I am sure that Canucks management wishes to keep the atmosphere family friendly.

Personally I think you do a great job and on a tour of the Rog I got see your work area and it looked like you could launch to the moon with all the gear you had there.

I think the after game playlists are a great idea, and maybe even trying a game where we could have some input on the playlist prior to the game. Something like a pre-game playlist thread and see if everyone's tastes in music can be saited.
Posted Image

#442 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Cochise - Audioslave

New Born - Muse

Hysteria - Muse
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#443 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

If there will be no more U2, these are the only way to get on the ice.

If that doesn't make you want to run through a blizzard naked and bench minivans to train for a fight with a damn polar bear, I don't know what will.

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 25 January 2013 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

#444 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

HELLO FRIENDS!

Make no mistake - I absolutely LOVE all of your comments and passion for our beloved Canucks! Wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing worse than an apathetic and lame fan base. I'm proud to be among Canucks Nation, as well as being the DJ.

Now - you must all understand that I take this very seriously. At the start of every year, there's a team that develops elements such as the opening video, player entrance piece, goal song and many other important elements of game presentation. The team represents a wide variety of demographics and tastes, just like our fan base, and we often have the same types of debates that show up on this message board.

With every creative element including music, we aim to try and appeal to our diverse fan base and also reflect the unique identity of the hockey club and our city. We focus on providing a soundtrack to the action on the ice which will create the best energy in the arena, while using a good combination of progressive, contemporary music in addition to classic rock and other iconic songs that fit the moment, the sport, and our club.

However, many of the artists that you all have referenced - I do NOT play. Starting next home game - Jan 30 vs. Colorado - I am going to start posting the playlists either after the game, or the next morning. I encourage you all to have a look, game by game, and maybe then get a better sense of what's actually being heard at the home games. (I haven’t played Rihanna once this year.....)

My most challenging task is to keep it fresh, and not repeat songs - if we can help it. If you listen to professional sports broadcasts - as I suspect most of you do - you'll hear the same song being played multiple times at each game, and the vast majority of those songs would be the same as they were in 1981. We're trying new things - some of which work well, some of which don't - in an attempt to be on the cutting edge of not only music, but overall game presentation.
It's also very much appreciated all the suggestions that you guys send in. For obvious reasons, there are selections that I simply can't play during the game (eg. those on the heavier side of speed metal). But make no mistake, I have gotten, and continue to get, many great ideas from the boards, and implement them during the games.

Enough said. Know that we take the comments to heart, and do try and please as many people as possible. Keep on being involved, and we’ll do the same.

DJD

Very Professional.

Even with 50 or so "plus" votes, thats a tiny percentage of the views.

I like the Canucks music. Sure, the dance stuff isn't really my thing, but at the games i have been to it is clear that there are those who do. I am whole heartedly happy that we don't come out to ACDC or NICKELBACK like every single other team and even happier that the goal song isn't 20 years old like in San Jose.

Vancouver fans (or a large group of them...the vocal minority) seem to always want something to bitch about. Look at Boston's fans and you'll see people who stand behind their team 100%. You're either a fan or you aren't, but if you are, your support is unwavering.

It isn't the music people. It's the fact that you can hear it.

Edited by Navyblue, 25 January 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#445 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

We aren't the blackhawks or the bruins bud, get over it.

Edited by Navyblue, 25 January 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Posted Image

#446 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#447 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

DJ Dave,

I hope ever single person in this thread submitted a song for you to review. We all have opinions about what is "awesome" and what "sucks" and i just wanted to thank you for Giving a damn... its more than we could say about a lot of people, right?

Very often, I can be hard to please, but at least i recognize when people are at least TRYING to make me happy. So thank you for TRYING to make everyone happy (and not just waggling your middle finger in everyone's face).

Peace out, Go Canucks Go!

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 25 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#448 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

this will make your balls jiggle

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#449 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Korn blind, slow build up where they show all the video clips, and then when john davis screams ARE YOU READY!?!?! The boys charge the ice

#450 DJ Dave

DJ Dave

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Very Professional.

Even with 50 or so "plus" votes, thats a tiny percentage of the views.

I like the Canucks music. Sure, the dance stuff isn't really my thing, but at the games i have been to it is clear that there are those who do. I am whole heartedly happy that we don't come out to ACDC or NICKELBACK like every single other team and even happier that the goal song isn't 20 years old like in San Jose.

Vancouver fans (or a large group of them...the vocal minority) seem to always want something to bitch about. Look at Boston's fans and you'll see people who stand behind their team 100%. You're either a fan or you aren't, but if you are, your support is unwavering.

It isn't the music people. It's the fact that you can hear it.

well I have to say I muchly apprecite your comment. it is BANG ON.

a good amount of the tracks I play during the games are not songs I will listen to while driving to Whistler, but you're absolutely correct - THEY WORK! Remember last season - that dancing kid who managed to go viral and end up on CNN and The Today Show? that was LMFAO - Sexy and I know it. Not what many of those posting here want to hear during a game, but certainly did catch on!

As I've always said - I appreciate the passion....

DJD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.