The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

I have never been to a canucks game but i have season tickets to the habs, and they play alot of u2 like vertigo, and alot of house music which gets the crowd jumping, the best part is the big AAAAAARRRRRREEEEEE UUUUUU RRRREEEAAADDDYYY before the game, its awesome, its important for the dj to get the crowd going.

Honestly, I believe that if anything, it has to do more with ticket prices than the music. Not all of the business companies attending games are going to be on their feet, yelling and cheering. In fact, most won't be. Lower ticket prices = more "real, hardcore" fans attending games = A NOISY ROGERS ARENA! (Not that I'm expecting prices to drop... but would be nice) But I do agree that some different music would be nice... I am completely SICK of Gangnam Style... and have been ever since it came out.

I made a thread on the noise level in rogers arena and the consensus was that it was pretty much due to the prices of tickets for attending games. They're so expensive that you usually only get the corporate crowd within the lower bowl, and the companies that have purchased seasons tickets sometimes dont even go to the games.

I wouldn't blame DJ Dave for the noise level in Rogers Arena (at least not as a main factor), but having said that I really think he needs to up his game. He had an extra half a season to think of some new tracks and nothing was done on the goal song? I saw an article on how you're testing different intros, which is fine, but why not test out different goal songs as well?? Anyways, despite all that, he's the person with the job and I'm not, so I guess I can't say much.

a couple nights ago watching the columbus home opener shocked me... it seemed like columbus was a part of canada... starts with the building being sponsored by labatte and everyone in the crowd is drinking labatte blue and not in sissy little plastic cups but in tallboy cans! opposed to terrible budwiser in plastic cups at rogers arena.... second the music! blew me away they were playing tragically hip, guess who, BTO, 5440, big sugar, rush just good canadian classic rock and the crowd was way more noisey way more into the game. im not saying its because of the music or beer but it definitly didnt hurt! vancouver has been out canadiand by columbus.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys think of having this as the new intro song. I think it's a little more up-beat than the U2 intro and has a lot more base/emotion to it.

Hopefully it hasn't been mentioned already on here, it would at the very least be better than that Techno Song that I heard was one of DJ Dave's picks he's trying out...

Imagine Dragons- Radioactive

That's the song for the video in arena.. The actual song that plays when the players come out on the ice is Finale by Madeon. I do agree that the song doesn't pump people up because it's not a song that can pump people up. I've been to both home games against Anaheim and Edmonton and I'm going tonight and honestly, the crowd stopped cheering after the players come onto the ice. The crowd cheered for a good 10 seconds and then it's just the music blaring with nobody cheering or clapping.

Archived