The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

Honestly, does anyone actually get ANYTHING out of this opening song any more?

arguably the worst opening in the league from the ones i've seen in person/on TV

does the song instil anything but the vibe of "we are scared, unsure, pussies?"

if the team wasn't soft enough already we have Bono serenading our opponent doing anything but pumping up the team/crowd

GET RID OF U2!

It's pretty sick after watching the really upbeat intro video on the big screen when you're at a game. Transitions perfectly as people have said...the power of the bass they use there really does give you goosebumps when it starts up.

@ DJ Dave,

If it matters at all, here's one Canucks fan who likes the intro just the way it is. Best one in the league IMO. I'm not a U2 fan, but in that setting and the absolutely seamless transition from the intro video on the jumbotron to Streets With No Name... can't beat it. I have the "Entrance & Anthems" clips from the home games of the 2011 playoff run saved to my computer from the CanucksHD Youtube channel I like it so much.

For the people commenting on the lyrics of the song: there are no lyrics in the intro. Who cares if boner says I want to run I want to hide. That's not our intro, that's the U2 song. There aren't sirens in the U2 song

And Dave. Stop playing the girly pop dance music. Seriously. It's embarrassing.

arguably the worst opening in the league from the ones i've seen in person/on TV

if the team wasn't soft enough already we have Bono serenading our opponent doing anything but pumping up the team/crowd

GET RID OF U2!

You know what? If we're going to change it why don't we do something like Katy Perry - Part of Me or Ke$ha - Die Young? Maybe throw Gangnam Style in there. It might really throw our opponent off. They'll be thinking, "WTF was that?" and then bam 3-0 Canucks. I mean if it doesn't work then who cares? We're so fickle anyways that we'll probably change it by the end of the week. But you know I've been thinking about what those guys said about a SONG not being intimidating enough so I think if we really want to intimidate our opponent why don't we have a human sacrifice at centre ice before every game? I think if we did that the other team won't even want to come onto the ice. They'll just be freaked out and leave. And if they did come onto the ice they'll be worried thinking that they're next.

What a joke.

GET RID OF U2!

Archived