The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

Well kids, as luck would have it, we are looking into this very topic. stay tuned for more to follow, but just to say that this topic is not dead, in fact is very much alive!

one more week to go - and we're BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

DJD

Sounds like DJ Dave's got something up his sleeve, but if him and the fans are open to more suggestions, I've made a few in another thread, but i think I should make a case for this one again.

I think it would be pretty awesome if we embraced some authentic local talent for the music. Not just something like Loverboy, or any more recent exports, top 40, pop, rock, or otherwise. If the team is all about excellence and having the best talent on the ice, why not have the best talent for the music?

Mr. Devin Townsend is a near-20-year veteran of the music industry, from his start with Steve Vai, to mainstream metal success with Strapping Young Lad, and recently with his own diverse, eclectic solo efforts. Seriously, this is an artist who is becoming rather renowned within a growing community of musicians and fans of music, and not just heavy metal. I think you should all give him a chance, as he's really one of Vancouver's biggest musical exports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5uAMcTp3lE, in particular, would be rather appropriate with its tempo and atmosphere for an opening song.

I really like the intro song as it is, and I find that it perfectly captures the atmosphere before an important game.

But if people are so fickle that we have to change one of the few traditions that the Canucks are starting to gain (I don't see why we should change it), there are a few

Sounds like DJ Dave's got something up his sleeve, but if him and the fans are open to more suggestions, I've made a few in another thread, but i think I should make a case for this one again.

I think it would be pretty awesome if we embraced some authentic local talent for the music. Not just something like Loverboy, or any more recent exports, top 40, pop, rock, or otherwise. If the team is all about excellence and having the best talent on the ice, why not have the best talent for the music?

Mr. Devin Townsend is a near-20-year veteran of the music industry, from his start with Steve Vai, to mainstream metal success with Strapping Young Lad, and recently with his own diverse, eclectic solo efforts. Seriously, this is an artist who is becoming rather renowned within a growing community of musicians and fans of music, and not just heavy metal. I think you should all give him a chance, as he's really one of Vancouver's biggest musical exports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5uAMcTp3lE, in particular, would be rather appropriate with its tempo and atmosphere for an opening song.

The U2 song only sounds/looks good on video from a retrospective point of view. For the actual moment when the players are coming out, something heavier would be a lot better for pump-up music.

We should be careful what we wish for though, lest the song gets changed to something like Green Day.

I love the opening with the guitar riff the way it is in that song, and if I'm not mistaken the lyrics aren't even played - it's just the guitar and the goal horn and all that. The stuff with the Odds was fun but not anything I'd want for an opener. The goal song with Clutch is great too, awesome and unique.

I do agree a little less pop/dance music and more rock, but I doubt the suggestion of hard rap would be anything even close to a good idea.

Whatever you do, there's always someone wishing it was different, but there's change for the sake of it isn't necessary when we have such an established intro and people know it's ours.

I love the opening with the guitar riff the way it is in that song, and if I'm not mistaken the lyrics aren't even played - it's just the guitar and the goal horn and all that. The stuff with the Odds was fun but not anything I'd want for an opener. The goal song with Clutch is great too, awesome and unique.

I do agree a little less pop/dance music and more rock, but I doubt the suggestion of hard rap would be anything even close to a good idea.

Whatever you do, there's always someone wishing it was different, but there's change for the sake of it isn't necessary when we have such an established intro and people know it's ours.

Keep the U2 but strap fairy wings on the canucks and instead of their names on the back, each player shall be dubbed "Tinkerbell". Then when the song is done, you can drop a bunch of sparkly fairy dust on the crowd. Vancouver demographics will eat that $hit up.

:sick:

"I wanna run

I wanna hide"

Itsth purrfect, in a weak, effeminate, non intimidating, disney kind of way. Yay Vancouver!!!!

I strongly disagree with changing the u2 intro. Our intro symbolizes the drama and energy that is encapsulated within Rogers Arena (ESP in the playoffs). It fits so well with the towels waving. And it somehow always fits seamlessly from the jumbotron pre-game intro video music.

If anything, revert the goal song to Holiday and keep u2

Honestly, does anyone actually get ANYTHING out of this opening song any more?

arguably the worst opening in the league from the ones i've seen in person/on TV

does the song instil anything but the vibe of "we are scared, unsure, pussies?"

if the team wasn't soft enough already we have Bono serenading our opponent doing anything but pumping up the team/crowd

GET RID OF U2!

Archived