Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

I Agree 100%.
CHANGE IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Its weak. It has always been weak and it will only get weaker.
I even like most U2, but where the streets have no name?!? ...its some whiney pre-emo b.s.
Our intro needs to be aggro. It needs to be bada$s. It needs to be strong.
Marilyn Manson Beautiful People has been used, but it needs to be something along those lines. Something that says WE ARE NOT PU$$ieS!! THIS IS OUR HOUSE AND WE ARE GONNA EFF U UP!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#122 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

This is the best opening song in the NHL! I love it, and it gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

#123 OrdinaryBoy

OrdinaryBoy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

best opening song in the NHL:

#124 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

The opening song should remain.

What we SHOULD discuss is the music played during the game.

Please stop playing top 40 music DJ Dave. It's ridiculous. A hockey game is a whole different atmosphere.
Posted Image

#125 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Crazy train!!!!

Be awesome if they used the the live version off ozzys live and loud cd. Way better then the studio version I think

#126 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

The problem is that people are mistaking "chilling" and "goosebump inducing" for pump-up music. Not the same thing.

Only reason everyone's getting "goosebumps" is because the songs makes you think Canucks cause its been around for awhile. A change of song to pump people up would be a good, an eventually you'd get the same goosebumps whenever you heard whatever song is chosen

#127 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

It can retire with the Sedins.

Posted Image

#128 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

If we are a nasty and physical team people won't associate pussiness with us and Where The Street Has No Name. It's a great intro.

So if we walk out with Wherever I May Roam, are we going to be known as a physical team?

Get some mean nasty players if you want to be known as a mean nasty team. Changing the song won't help.
Posted Image

#129 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,817 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

The Cult's Rain as our theme?

Iron Maiden's Run to the hills?

Aces High?

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 13 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#130 Jougo

Jougo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Keep the U2 but strap fairy wings on the canucks and instead of their names on the back, each player shall be dubbed "Tinkerbell". Then when the song is done, you can drop a bunch of sparkly fairy dust on the crowd. Vancouver demographics will eat that $hit up.
:sick:

"I wanna run

I wanna hide"

Itsth purrfect, in a weak, effeminate, non intimidating, disney kind of way. Yay Vancouver!!!!

But I thought we played the instrumental version?

#131 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3DgAJwVeVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ufy9UXOeMw

Aces High?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6giM9UAv0

Man these are just old sounding, cheesy and bad music bro no matter what your fav musical genre is.
Posted Image

#132 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,817 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I Agree 100%.
CHANGE IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Its weak. It has always been weak and it will only get weaker.
I even like most U2, but where the streets have no name?!? ...its some whiney pre-emo b.s.
Our intro needs to be aggro. It needs to be bada$s. It needs to be strong.
Marilyn Manson Beautiful People has been used, but it needs to be something along those lines. Something that says WE ARE NOT PU$$ieS!! THIS IS OUR HOUSE AND WE ARE GONNA EFF U UP!

I love the fact people think of the instrumental as weak, considering we have Justin Bieber and One Direction crap out there.
Would you prefer that?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#133 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I am a big U2 fan and even I think a song that has a first line of "I want to run, I want to hide" probably isn't the best for instilling fear into our opponents.

How is a song going to instill fear into grown men. The song has no bearing of the outcome of the games ,therefore, not important. How can anyone worry about the intro song.

#134 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

It's a different feeling when you're at the game. I've been to multiple games where they've used U2 as the opening song and each and every time, the opening video transitioning to this song gives me the chills every single time. I'd honestly rather listen to this than hearing what Chicago has to deal with.

Do you know what Chicago has to deal with? Their frackin annoying goal horn each game as the players come on the ice.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#135 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

That's why it's so popular?
It's better than boxing.

In boxings defence, they really f'ed that up.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#136 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3DgAJwVeVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ufy9UXOeMw

Aces High?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6giM9UAv0

Funny...................... Heavy metal is for adolescents as far as I'm concerned. It makes me laugh.
Kevin.jpg

#137 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

But I thought we played the instrumental version?

Don't tell them that........these people don't even pay attention to the intro........hell they hardly watch the games at all. Too busy playing on their x-box with early deafness setting in from their "death metal" dime a dozen groups playing through their iPods............I mean does anyone actually buy that stuff? Then they watch the highlights and come on here like hockey experts. :sadno:

Edited by Bodee, 13 January 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#138 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Well, it's original. Not the cliché smash and bash heavy metal ac/dc pump up tunes the rest of the league is using.

Posted Image

#139 Alex Edler 23

Alex Edler 23

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Keep the opening! Gives me chills every time , the goal song is the one that needs to be changed.
Sig too big.

#140 Pyrene

Pyrene

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I hope DJ Dave won't listen to that one idiot thats calling for U2 to be changed while the rest of the general population demands it to stay.

#141 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I love the U2 song, but if we have to change it... I vote this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirqAVBoHFI

2nded. As don cherry says "good Canadian kids". Plus it rocks good.

#142 Double Vs

Double Vs

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I say keep the opening. It's tradition. It signals what's about to happen on the ice. It's gametime. The horn sprinkled in is awesome, and loved a few times where an inspirational quote from Churchill was thrown in. Maybe have different quotes from identifiable people such as JFK or MLK.

I still get chills watching on TV when the U2 opening comes on. Even for regular season games.

#143 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I don't even like U2 and I can safely say that we have the best playoff opening in the league. The combination of the music, the lights and the crowd gives me goosebumps every time.
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#144 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well kids, as luck would have it, we are looking into this very topic. stay tuned for more to follow, but just to say that this topic is not dead, in fact is very much alive!

one more week to go - and we're BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

DJD

can you use the song "the game" by Motorhead? Its been used rarely but I like to hear it more. It is a good pump up song.

Posted Image

#145 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Don't tell them that........these people don't even pay attention to the intro........hell they hardly watch the games at all. Too busy playing on their x-box with early deafness setting in from their "death metal" dime a dozen groups playing through their iPods............I mean does anyone actually buy that stuff? Then they watch the highlights and come on here like hockey experts. :sadno:

Personally attended 6 games in the 2011 finals. Boston was down 2-0 ahead of game 3. Their fans had every reason to be apprehensive and they were, pre game milling around the Garden. They came onto Audioslave's "Cochise" and their mood seamed to change from passive to aggressive. Maybe it wasn't the music, could have been the first drops of beer entering their bloodsteams, who knows but it did.

Game 4 they were full of confidence after we fished the puck out of our net 8 times in game 3 and didn't need pump up music. Game 6 they were facing elimination and were a bit apprehensive but confident. Music/beer kicks in and the vibe is different.

I am well aware we play the instrumental version of U2's "Where the streets...". Just as everyone old enough to have a driver's license is aware of the lyrics even if they aren't played. It's kind of a famous song.

Would Audioslave's "Cochise" work in Vancouver? Or as another poster suggested Motorhead's "The Game"? Probably not. The demographic in Vancouver if quite a bit different from just about any other NHL city and you have to appeal to your demographic. That said, the U2 is a little tired. If DJ Dave wants to try something different what's the harm? Maybe he'll find a better fit that what we have now?

#146 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,336 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Best goal song in the league:

And Change the intro song!!!
The Streets have names now!

Subbancopy.jpg

#147 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Personally attended 6 games in the 2011 finals. Boston was down 2-0 ahead of game 3. Their fans had every reason to be apprehensive and they were, pre game milling around the Garden. They came onto Audioslave's "Cochise" and their mood seamed to change from passive to aggressive. Maybe it wasn't the music, could have been the first drops of beer entering their bloodsteams, who knows but it did.

Game 4 they were full of confidence after we fished the puck out of our net 8 times in game 3 and didn't need pump up music. Game 6 they were facing elimination and were a bit apprehensive but confident. Music/beer kicks in and the vibe is different.

I am well aware we play the instrumental version of U2's "Where the streets...". Just as everyone old enough to have a driver's license is aware of the lyrics even if they aren't played. It's kind of a famous song.

Would Audioslave's "Cochise" work in Vancouver? Or as another poster suggested Motorhead's "The Game"? Probably not. The demographic in Vancouver if quite a bit different from just about any other NHL city and you have to appeal to your demographic. That said, the U2 is a little tired. If DJ Dave wants to try something different what's the harm? Maybe he'll find a better fit that what we have now?

I agree. but we better find a good song to replace WTSHNN.
Posted Image

#148 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,817 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

If you go with Cochise you have to include the scream.

Foo Fighters Pretender?

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 13 January 2013 - 05:10 PM.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Posted Image

#149 Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

If you go with Cochise you have to include the scream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMvN45sjo4

Was just going to post this... Would be a great choice!
Posted Image

#150 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Was just going to post this... Would be a great choice!

Would not work in Vancouver and the Bruins already use this. Let's find something of our own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.