The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

Well kids, as luck would have it, we are looking into this very topic. stay tuned for more to follow, but just to say that this topic is not dead, in fact is very much alive!

one more week to go - and we're BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

DJD

As much as I think how well U2 fits with the towel power atmosphere during the playoffs, I must agree it's time for a change. I have 2 suggestions though for the new intro! I put these songs on for NHL 12 on the custom music thing and put them as the intros for teams around the league, basically the 1st parts of these songs are what I use.

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuT2mQaTno0

As much as I think how well U2 fits with the towel power atmosphere during the playoffs, I must agree it's time for a change. I have 2 suggestions though for the new intro! I put these songs on for NHL 12 on the custom music thing and put them as the intros for teams around the league, basically the 1st parts of these songs are what I use.

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuT2mQaTno0

people cling on to things for nostalgia

ohhhhh the great memories of the U2 Opening, never getting past the second round in the era of the WCE, early playoff exits and a game 7 riot of the current era.. ohh the memories

the thing is, the demographic inside Rogers Arena is pathetic, the people there do not want "LOUDER, HARDER, PUMP UP" music, they want to keep the volume low so they can discuss business deals and read their books [yes a woman in front of my season tickets reads a novel throughout the entire game]

so unless Canucks as an organization have the balls to take on a tougher persona and vibe inside the arena with the music, we will continue to be subject to Carly rae jepsen, Black Eyed peas, and other "soft pop" as our in house entertainment

with that said you dont have to play Metallica and Marilyn Manson non stop, but for frack sakes scrap the 80's soft rock and pop music.

people cling on to things for nostalgia

ohhhhh the great memories of the U2 Opening, never getting past the second round in the era of the WCE, early playoff exits and a game 7 riot of the current era.. ohh the memories

the thing is, the demographic inside Rogers Arena is pathetic, the people there do not want "LOUDER, HARDER, PUMP UP" music, they want to keep the volume low so they can discuss business deals and read their books [yes a woman in front of my season tickets reads a novel throughout the entire game]

so unless Canucks as an organization have the balls to take on a tougher persona and vibe inside the arena with the music, we will continue to be subject to Carly rae jepsen, Black Eyed peas, and other "soft pop" as our in house entertainment

with that said you dont have to play Metallica and Marilyn Manson non stop, but for frack sakes scrap the 80's soft rock and pop music.

No. There isn't a better intro in the NHL come playoff time.

It worked brilliantly with the "This is what we live for" music accompanying the video before it. I was disappointed they didn't bring that back last playoffs.

"When every single 18,600 person in the arena is already on their own heels worried crapless about whats going to happen, you dont think that translates on the ice? of course it does."

You've been watching too many horror movies mate. Why would any Canucks fan be "on their heels worried crapless?" I'm glad you're not on any team I played on.

"When every single 18,600 person in the arena is already on their own heels worried crapless about whats going to happen, you dont think that translates on the ice? of course it does."

You've been watching too many horror movies mate. Why would any Canucks fan be "on their heels worried crapless?" I'm glad you're not on any team I played on.

To get the opposition on their toes, that Rick Astley guy can get the house rollin'...

Village People?.."YOUNG MAN! If yer short on the dough..."

Boy george & the Culture Club's "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?"...Something heartfelt like that, or a Barry Manilow ballad-endless possibilities. Let'em know we're sincere, darn it!

are you kidding me? did u even watch that video?

like i said in my first post, i went to 2 games in the finals with that opening there was NOTHING but nervousness, no one is going to be nervous or timid playing heavy hard rock, people are going to feel confident even if it's just for the puck drop

When every single 18,600 person in the arena is already on their own heels worried crapless about whats going to happen, you dont think that translates on the ice? of course it does

that video just shows how soft/emotionless of an enviroment it creates

The Canucks as a team are already soft/weak, we cant just keep piling on with this crap, we need to change the vibe as a whole

i think you're looking way too deep in to it. the song itself has nothing to do with being scared or unsure-- if you're basing that solely on the opening line, "I want to run, i want to hide."

but the opening of that song is so chilling and haunting. especially in the playoffs when tensions are high, you're on the edge of your seat, waiting for the same to begin then the intro starts and the place erupts

When nazzy left they called it the end of an era. The song should go, fresh start.

Pretty bad when the lyrics are "i wanna run, i wanna hide" bla bla

Play some fuel by metallica, GIMMEFUEGIMMEFAIGIMMEDABAJABAZA !!!

BOOM AND THE BOYS SKATE OUT

Archived