Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#1 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

POPULAR

January 11, 2013

"But coach Alain Vigneault refused to say who will be the team's starter when the season opens."

"[Luongo's] one of my two goaltenders," said Vigneault during a media availability at Rogers Arena. "We've always made the decisions in the best interest of the team. We've got two great goaltenders, two great people that are great teammates and both want to play."

http://news.ca.msn.c...e-rumours-swirl

Just thought I would throw this out to all the Luo haters who want him gone. Heads up, cause the longer this goes on, the more likely he stays for the season. I've posted on this topic before, but a direct quote originating from today, just can't get anymore recent. Moving Luo this season is a huge risk and it looks the organization is aware of that.

LUO HATERS...... REACT TO ME :emot-parrot:

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,917 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

That doesn't automatically mean Luongo has the starting job back. Schneider will be the #1 guy for the majority of the season.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

January 11, 2013

"But coach Alain Vigneault refused to say who will be the team's starter when the season opens."

"[Luongo's] one of my two goaltenders," said Vigneault during a media availability at Rogers Arena. "We've always made the decisions in the best interest of the team. We've got two great goaltenders, two great people that are great teammates and both want to play."

Just thought I would throw this out to all the Luo haters who want him gone. Heads up, cause the longer this goes on, the more likely he stays for the season. I've posted on this topic before, but a direct quote originating from today, just can't get anymore recent. Moving Luo this season is a huge risk and it looks the organization is aware of that.

Ok.

#4 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,261 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

POPULAR

The goalie that's playing the best wil play.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#5 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

January 11, 2013

I doubt that anyone hates Lou. some of us just prefer Schneids going forward.

#6 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,399 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

POPULAR

Your citation does not support your argument. Good day sir.

FWYIerW.png

#7 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

You do know that quote is code for Schneider is the starter right?
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#8 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I can't stand the generalization being made that wanting to trade Luongo makes them a Luongo hater. If a fan feels that Schneider is the better goalie going forward, doesn't it mean he or she wants what they think is best for the team? It's all opinion of course and not a matter of fact, and if you asked most Canuck fans, I'm sure they'd have nothing but good things to say about Luongo.

This being said, I think it's best to keep Luongo until the off-season, who knows, maybe we might recapture that magic, win a Cup, all will be forgiven by all parties and we can let Schneider be on his way and be the goalie we know he can be somewhere else.

If Schneider does prove he is our goalie going forward, then what's best for this team is to wait until the off-season, because we'll get a kings ransom when the Leafs miss the playoffs again and the Flyers have another awful showing of post season team defense, compared to what we might get now.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#9 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

It's the proper thing for the coach to say. He has two players, and will allow both to play until either is traded. Saying "Cory is our guy" could possibly alienate the other goaltender or create distance between the team from Roberto. That would, in my opinion, be more of a distraction than to simply allow Roberto to be a part of the team until a trade occurs.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#10 nlife

nlife

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Something that should have been done from the very beginning.
Posted Image

The Benchwarmers

-------
Raj: The only thing I've learned in the last two hours is that American men love drinking beer, pee too often, and have trouble getting erections.

Leonard: Focus on the game, not the commercials, Raj.

Raj: I'm just saying, maybe if you people cut back on the beer, you could get out of the bathroom and satisfy your women without pharmaceutical help.

#11 pistolpro327

pistolpro327

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I hope we keep Lou at least until Cory can prove he will be able to fill that starter role.

Lou is a great goalie and has done great things and contrary to popular belief has had amazing games in the playoffs for us.

I really think we should trade Cory because he could easily have more value then Lou given his hype and could bring us a great player or two. Luongos contract hurts his trade value so I say we keep him and trade our other great but unproven goaltender for a better package.

#12 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

#13 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Loungo for captain
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#14 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Just because vigneault wont say he's gone doesnt mean he isnt

moYV2s.gif

#15 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I dont hate Luongo, I've just had enough of what he's had to offer, very good regular seasons followed by spotty playoff showings.
Now that Schneider has dethroned him, Luongo can pack his bags and take his show elsewhere. It would be the best thing for everybody.

#16 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Schnied's will start until he loses or wins ugly then they will play Lou until he falters or the trade deadline arrives and someone takes a serious stab at getting him.
I do think he will be gone sooner than later anyway so the point may be moot.

#17 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,869 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

If Luongo is not traded I would certainly hope that he still has a shot to win his job back. Competition leads to players being hungrier. Plus, if Luongo gets off to a hot start the price goes up.

#18 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,471 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Niether are the starter, they should be used as a tandem, we should use this advantage for as long as we have it.

zackass.png

#19 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Luongo will get the game 1 start, and Luo and Schneids will play in a tandem

Quote me on it

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#20 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

love these comments.. sorry but the reality is schieder hasn't proven anything yet. can he play 60-70 games????? is he as consistent as lou in regular season ???? can he handle the media and fan barrage as a starter in van??? can he win in the post season ???lou got within one win of the prize.
lou's been very durable as well.
i think alot of you forgot what life was like before lou....i haven't
schied's may prove to be better i hope so for our sakes and gillises
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#21 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,399 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

POPULAR

Guys... How is a goalie supposed to prove that they can play if they don't get a chance to play? This is a fundamental thing that CDC seems to overlook.

FWYIerW.png

#22 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

That doesn't automatically mean Luongo has the starting job back. Schneider will be the #1 guy for the majority of the season.

things can change in a hurry. if cory faulters Lu will be given the chance to win his job as starter.

#23 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

If anyone is a real Lu fan then they should want him traded. It's a blow to his ego making him a back up and the fans have treated him like crap enough, It's Schneider's time now, he's paid his dues. You can't prove yourself without getting a chance first.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#24 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

January 11, 2013

The Vancouver fandom and local/national media continue to make the Canucks goaltending situation a circus. So far to date, all the insiders within the Canucks organization (primarily Schneider and Luongo) are taking everything in stride. Having said that, does anyone really expect to get a direct answer from anyone associated with the situation at hand?

Believe what you want...read into every single comment what you want...spin it whichever you want...what you're expressing is an opinion based on the riddles that are being spoken by those in the know...and I'm sure you know what they say about opinions...you, they're like a$$h01e5...everybody's got one.

For the record, I'm in the camp that believes that Luongo isn't going anywhere fast (but I've been wrong more times than I've been right), and really. It seems to me that for a change, AV is saying all the politically correct things...far cry from the way he's bungled public statements on Hodgson/Kesler, etc.

Posted Image

#25 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

I hope you don't get banned for making redundant threads.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#26 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Sweet so if Luongo can get his starting Job back he wont want a Trade anymore

what a humble team player he is.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#27 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,442 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

love these comments.. sorry but the reality is schieder hasn't proven anything yet. can he play 60-70 games????? is he as consistent as lou in regular season ???? can he handle the media and fan barrage as a starter in van??? can he win in the post season ???lou got within one win of the prize.
lou's been very durable as well.
i think alot of you forgot what life was like before lou....i haven't
schied's may prove to be better i hope so for our sakes and gillises

He's proved last season he can play against the best in this league

09/10 with the Moose he played 60 regular season games, 6 playoff games, plus 2 games for the Canucks. He had a 2.51 gaa and a .919 s% with the Moose and a 3.80 gaa and a .915 s% with the Canucks. His gaa and s% have improved every year with the Canucks.

He's been great with the media. I'd even say better than Lou.

He played considerably better against LA than Lou in the last playoffs

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#28 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,000 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Play a goalie till he loses.

Simple.

307mg00.jpg

#29 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Of course AV is going to say that. Lu deserves respect from the team and fan base. He has been a great goalie for the Nucks. Lu will also be given a chance to improve his value in a trade. Schneids is the man of the future. Lu has a future somewhere else.

#30 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

I seriosuly don't think Luongo will be traded, especially since Nonis keeps saying he's 100% not moving any of his young prospects on Toronto. Lu will still be here next year, and if Schneider has a bad game then go with Lu until he has a bad game then go back to Schneider etc. Give them both a reason to fight for the #1 job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.