The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

The Creature Blue Lagoon

January 11, 2013

"But coach Alain Vigneault refused to say who will be the team's starter when the season opens."

"[Luongo's] one of my two goaltenders," said Vigneault during a media availability at Rogers Arena. "We've always made the decisions in the best interest of the team. We've got two great goaltenders, two great people that are great teammates and both want to play."

http://news.ca.msn.c...e-rumours-swirl

Just thought I would throw this out to all the Luo haters who want him gone. Heads up, cause the longer this goes on, the more likely he stays for the season. I've posted on this topic before, but a direct quote originating from today, just can't get anymore recent. Moving Luo this season is a huge risk and it looks the organization is aware of that.

LUO HATERS...... REACT TO ME :emot-parrot:

January 11, 2013

"But coach Alain Vigneault refused to say who will be the team's starter when the season opens."

"[Luongo's] one of my two goaltenders," said Vigneault during a media availability at Rogers Arena. "We've always made the decisions in the best interest of the team. We've got two great goaltenders, two great people that are great teammates and both want to play."

Just thought I would throw this out to all the Luo haters who want him gone. Heads up, cause the longer this goes on, the more likely he stays for the season. I've posted on this topic before, but a direct quote originating from today, just can't get anymore recent. Moving Luo this season is a huge risk and it looks the organization is aware of that.

January 11, 2013

I can't stand the generalization being made that wanting to trade Luongo makes them a Luongo hater. If a fan feels that Schneider is the better goalie going forward, doesn't it mean he or she wants what they think is best for the team? It's all opinion of course and not a matter of fact, and if you asked most Canuck fans, I'm sure they'd have nothing but good things to say about Luongo.

This being said, I think it's best to keep Luongo until the off-season, who knows, maybe we might recapture that magic, win a Cup, all will be forgiven by all parties and we can let Schneider be on his way and be the goalie we know he can be somewhere else.

If Schneider does prove he is our goalie going forward, then what's best for this team is to wait until the off-season, because we'll get a kings ransom when the Leafs miss the playoffs again and the Flyers have another awful showing of post season team defense, compared to what we might get now.

I hope we keep Lou at least until Cory can prove he will be able to fill that starter role.

Lou is a great goalie and has done great things and contrary to popular belief has had amazing games in the playoffs for us.

I really think we should trade Cory because he could easily have more value then Lou given his hype and could bring us a great player or two. Luongos contract hurts his trade value so I say we keep him and trade our other great but unproven goaltender for a better package.

I dont hate Luongo, I've just had enough of what he's had to offer, very good regular seasons followed by spotty playoff showings.

Now that Schneider has dethroned him, Luongo can pack his bags and take his show elsewhere. It would be the best thing for everybody.

love these comments.. sorry but the reality is schieder hasn't proven anything yet. can he play 60-70 games????? is he as consistent as lou in regular season ???? can he handle the media and fan barrage as a starter in van??? can he win in the post season ???lou got within one win of the prize.

lou's been very durable as well.

i think alot of you forgot what life was like before lou....i haven't

schied's may prove to be better i hope so for our sakes and gillises

Archived