Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#91 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

and this is why you're such a fracking moron, fans like you want him gone and want him traded. he agrees by saying it's time to move on yet somehow that makes him pathetic.

he's said more than once he'll do what's best for the team

I would have had no problem with him if he would have just shut his mouth and conducted himself like a professional, he brought this whole media frenzy on himself, how was that best for the team?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#92 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

You're on! I'll take that one on.We'll see.Are you saying 10 days from season start or 10 days from now ?

as of tomorrow !!

#93 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Schneider will be the #1 guy for the majority of the season.

And where do you base this information from?

Edited by monkeydluffy, 11 January 2013 - 11:54 PM.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#94 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

And where do you base this information from?

Last years playoff, and Lu saying it's time to move on.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#95 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

trading a franchise player especially in a market like this is going to cause a media ... even if he says nothing, and waiving his NTC so they can trade him wasn't best for the team?

If he wouldn't have opened his big mouth the media would have no clue he would be willing to waive his NTC

How is that so hard for you to understand

Edited by hockeyville88, 14 January 2013 - 12:55 AM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#96 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Last years playoff, and Lu saying it's time to move on.

If Luongo is still here when the season starts I'm sure that they will BOTH get a chance to play and whoever plays better will be the starter. The job won't be automatically given to Schneider; it is up to him to steal it.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#97 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

If he wouldn't have opened his big mouth the media would have no clue he would be willing to waive his NTC

How is that so hard for you to understand

lol he wasn't the one who made it public that they were going to trade him, he only commented after it was public knowledge are u ???? kidding?

#98 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

lol he wasn't the one who made it public that they were going to trade him, he only commented after it was public knowledge are u ???? kidding?

I'm sorry man I hate to do this too you but you need some kind of proof of that
You are showing a advanced symptoms of selective Roberto Luongo sensory
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#99 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

i need some kind of proof..yet u don't? ok bro lol

Luongo never said he was waiving it, he said if he was ASKED to then he would. And the media took that and went apesh!t with it even though he didn't confirm or deny anything and idiots bought into everything the media was feeding them

Edited by Primus099, 12 January 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#100 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Do people seriously still believe everything AV or MG says to the media/public?

#101 Luongo

Luongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

How come Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist don't get ripped on by their fans? They are top nhl goalies as well, number 1 goalies for their countries at the Olympics, and may even be better than Luongo.

Yet they haven't taken their teams to the finals yet and really have not stole playoff series. But they by all fans in the NHL are considered elite goalies but Luongo by our fans is not after all he has done.

At times, those goaltenders have been the only reason why their teams made the post-season in the first place. It's all a matter of perspective. However, they haven't been ventilated as often and as frequently across several years as Luongo has.

...and when Miller was having a cold start last year, their fans were yelling for Enroth to become the starter. Lundqvist is the best goaltender in the league for my money.

#102 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

MG is only asking a high price because he knows Luongo is still a damn good goalie. You people act like Schneider is guranteed without even playing to win us a cup and Luongo is James Reimer.

U are so dumb.... Every goalie that steps on the ice is playing to win a cup... U think they get out there to shave ice for snow cones?
Posted Image

#103 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

If Luongo is still here when the season starts I'm sure that they will BOTH get a chance to play and whoever plays better will be the starter. The job won't be automatically given to Schneider; it is up to him to steal it.

True, but I think Schneids will get the first game, or it's just going to cause another sh!tshow with the media and fans.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#104 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

i need some kind of proof..yet u don't? ok bro lol

Luongo never said he was waiving it, he said if he was ASKED to then he would. And the media took that and went apesh!t with it even though he didn't confirm or deny anything and idiots bought into everything the media was feeding them

here.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#105 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

here.

and again that interview was in July after it was public knowledge, idiot

he just confirmed what everyone already pretty much knew

Edited by Primus099, 12 January 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#106 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

this was april 24, try and find something before this that suggests Luongo asked for a trade
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#107 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

and again that interview was in July after it was public knowledge, idiot

He didn't outright say it before that, he actually says it twice in that interview.

anything else you need?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#108 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d5WUDYcggE

this was april 24, try and find something before this that suggests Luongo asked for a trade

"i'm not going to put myself before the team"

"cory deserved it"

"we're going to talk with Mike here in the next little while and see if we can draw up a plan"

"if i'm here in the future, great. if i'm not that's fine also. ultimately it's not my decision"

at what point in that interview did he say "i want to be traded" or "i'm for sure going to waive my NTC?"

all he said is what I already told you, they asked him about waiving his NTC and he said if they asked him to then he would.

hey nice attempt though

Edited by Primus099, 12 January 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#109 Luongo

Luongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Maybe 'cause you're
down Unda" You need to turn your tv set upside down so you can follow the play. Cory was far better than Lu against LA with the same team in front of both of them. Lu got replaced after the 2nd game because he was average at best. His sv% was like .84 or something.

Thank goodness the management look at far more factors than you are and see that Cory is a better option for the team going forward. Whether you or I agree with them is moot.

I know! You don't post a sub .900 save percentage and a GAA over 3.5 over two games and get to be called exceptional. Schneider did all that he could to give his team a chance to win...saves on 2-on-1s, 3-on-1s, penalty shots, etc. That's pretty much the difference between Luongo and Schneider at this point. While our lack of scoring is, and has been a problem in the last few post-seasons, that doesn't excuse Luongo's poor performances either. Luongo in his blowouts doesn't even give us a chance to win.

This is Schneider's team moving forward. He has the advantage of age, skill, and mental strength. The advanced stats support Schneider being the better goaltender. Schneider has the highest save percentage from shots 15 feet or less the last two seasons. Luongo is not ranked in the top 10. Schneider ranks 4th from shots faced 35 feet in, whereas Luongo is 8th. Schneider just needs to prove he can parlay his play as a starter.

#110 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

"i'm not going to put myself before the team"

"cory deserved it"

"we're going to talk with Mike here in the next little while and see if we can draw up a plan"

"if i'm here in the future, great. if i'm not that's fine also. ultimately it's not my decision"

at what point in that interview did he say "i want to be traded" or "i'm for sure going to waive my NTC?"

all he said is what I already told you, they asked him about waiving his NTC and he said if they asked him to then he would.

hey nice attempt though

I was just proving to you that he started this media frenzy the other interview in July is when I really got pissed off.

Selective Luongo sensory is not your fault bud

Feel free to PM me and we can talk about it, I don't hate you for something you can't control. You can do this man, you are worth it.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#111 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Luongo never said he wanted to be traded first...wth you talking about Noheart???? I'm starting to think you have Nobrain, jmo.

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#112 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Let's be honest here, what's AV going to say?

"We'll yeah Luongo's a huge waste of cap and it's going to be a huge pain in the a$$ for Gillis to move that contract. Schneider is way better than this clown."

Obviously AV will just be AV and say little to nothing... That's what he did all of last year too.
Posted Image

#113 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

I was just proving to you that he started this media frenzy the other interview in July is when I really got pissed off.

Selective Luongo sensory is not your fault bud

Feel free to PM me and we can talk about it, I don't hate you for something you can't control. You can do this man, you are worth it.

pretty sure the media frenzy started in video you posted from April, as soon as he said "if they ask me to waive it then i will" they went nuts. In July he just said what everyone already knew

it's ok bro

#114 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Can you please explain to me why it is perfectly fine for you to bash Cory Schnieder a player that was drafted by the canucks and has slowly worked his way to the top of the organization?

He is more of a Canuck than Roberto will ever be.

You never see him complain about defensive breakdowns or not getting enough starts.

AV let Cory play those playoff games because he earned that right. He finally got a rewarded

It was not his fault Luongo took offense to that and asked to be traded.

Don't make me paste the poker interview please, he stated it is time to "move on" and why? Why is it time to move on?

Because AV let Cory start in the playoffs, that is pathetic, what a team player.

If you want to start, go win your job back.

If you want to be traded talk to MG behind closed doors instead of handcuffing him with your crybaby interviews

The thing I hate most about Roberto has nothing to do with his 8 goal playoff performances that he often jokes about.
It's the feeling I get from him. It's like he feels the Canucks owe him something and he is entitled to start.

Lol how much has Cory even played to complain, and when the hell has Luongo ever thrown his teammates under the bus? And when has Luongo asked to be traded? What is your opinion worth that you don't like the feeling you get from him...Like I said who the hell are you? The feeling I get from your ridiculous comments is that you somehow think he owes you something and your feeling you get from him is so important...Your a joke dude
All Luongo has down has supported Cory, and saying this whole time whatever the team does he is fine with You don't seem to know much about your team buddy.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#115 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

pretty sure the media frenzy started in video you posted from April, as soon as he said "if they ask me to waive it then i will" they went nuts. In July he just said what everyone already knew

it's ok bro

Agreed

Lets be friends?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#116 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I would have had no problem with him if he would have just shut his mouth and conducted himself like a professional, he brought this whole media frenzy on himself, how was that best for the team?

I love this guy just talking about how Luongo has offended him and he has such a problem with Luongo like this guy matters and is so important to this city and team. Shutup man, your a pathetic loser who is just pissed off about something in his life.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#117 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Lol how much has Cory even played to complain, and when the hell has Luongo ever thrown his teammates under the bus? And when has Luongo asked to be traded? What is your opinion worth that you don't like the feeling you get from him...Like I said who the hell are you? The feeling I get from your ridiculous comments is that you somehow think he owes you something and your feeling you get from him is so important...Your a joke dude
All Luongo has down has supported Cory, and saying this whole time whatever the team does he is fine with You don't seem to know much about your team buddy.

This isn't wrestling bro it's real life, and your Selective Luongo sensory is also spinning out of control

I will also offer my help, I do not hate you man it's a disease and its not your fault. PM me if you want I'm here for you.

We are all Canucks

That makes us brothers bro

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#118 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I love this guy just talking about how Luongo has offended him and he has such a problem with Luongo like this guy matters and is so important to this city and team. Shutup man, your a pathetic loser who is just pissed off about something in his life.

It's ok man, that's why I'm here bro

Let it all out
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#119 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

This isn't wrestling bro it's real life, and your Selective Luongo sensory is also spinning out of control

I will also offer my help, I do not hate you man it's a disease and its not your fault. PM me if you want I'm here for you.

We are all Canucks

That makes us brothers bro

Im not bad mouthing Schnieder at all I love the guy and is a wicked goalie. I didn't bash him after last playoffs, he played excellent but had zero help from his team. Same with Luongo in 2011, he sure could have played better in the Boston games, but the offense needed to play a whole lot better too.

Your reasons for hating Luongo has all been about you like he did something to you personally ...did he steal your girlfriend or something? lol

Noheart : "HOW DARE LUONGO SAY SOMETHING IN AN INTERVIEW THAT I DIDN'T LIKE. NOBODY OFFENDS THE GREAT NOHEART!!!!"
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#120 Luongo

Luongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Luongo never said he wanted to be traded first...wth you talking about Noheart???? I'm starting to think you have Nobrain, jmo.

In theory, the team never said they wanted to trade him, or even that they wanted Schneider to be the starter over Luongo. Luongo was the initiator with his original comments. He is however committed to a trade now. I don't understand why people still want to move Schneider over Luongo, when Luongo clearly has no intention to stay a Canuck long-term.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Report

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.