The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Luongo either goes soon or after the season is over. Teams that want him are going to want him now. I say keep both for this season, and run for the cup and see who is better for next season. Trading now makes no sense for us but does for other desperate teams.

We can afford to keep both season, why not.

I hope we keep Lou at least until Cory can prove he will be able to fill that starter role.

Lou is a great goalie and has done great things and contrary to popular belief has had amazing games in the playoffs for us.

I really think we should trade Cory because he could easily have more value then Lou given his hype and could bring us a great player or two. Luongos contract hurts his trade value so I say we keep him and trade our other great but unproven goaltender for a better package.

Anything less than perfect?

If one day Schneider is branded as an elite, Top 5, World Class, best in the world goaltender and continually disappoints on hockey's biggest stage (the playoffs), maybe then he will be given a rough ride.

Until that day comes (I dont think it will) why would people rip on him? There are still people out there who worship Luongo as some type of false idol and that's after everything that people like myself give him a hard time about.

Luongo has been built up so high only to consistently turn out very underwhelming playoff performances. No wonder he has fallen so hard and out of favor with many fans.

Schneider will be just fine, count on it.

Anything less than perfect?

If one day Schneider is branded as an elite, Top 5, World Class, best in the world goaltender and continually disappoints on hockey's biggest stage (the playoffs), maybe then he will be given a rough ride.

Until that day comes (I dont think it will) why would people rip on him? There are still people out there who worship Luongo as some type of false idol and that's after everything that people like myself give him a hard time about.

Luongo has been built up so high only to consistently turn out very underwhelming playoff performances. No wonder he has fallen so hard and out of favor with many fans.

Schneider will be just fine, count on it.

This is what makes most sense. If you can get more for Schnieder you trade him. Because Sedins are getting older, but will Canucks trade them in the future if they can get younger talent? If Luongo is getting better offers then that is saying something.

How come Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist don't get ripped on by their fans? They are top nhl goalies as well, number 1 goalies for their countries at the Olympics, and may even be better than Luongo.

Yet they haven't taken their teams to the finals yet and really have not stole playoff series. But they by all fans in the NHL are considered elite goalies but Luongo by our fans is not after all he has done.

Archived