Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#121 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Im not bad mouthing Schnieder at all I love the guy and is a wicked goalie. I didn't bash him after last playoffs, he played excellent but had zero help from his team. Same with Luongo in 2011, he sure could have played better in the Boston games, but the offense needed to play a whole lot better too.

Your reasons for hating Luongo has all been about you like he did something to you personally ...did he steal your girlfriend or something? lol

Noheart : "HOW DARE LUONGO SAY SOMETHING IN AN INTERVIEW THAT I DIDN'T LIKE. NOBODY OFFENDS THE GREAT NOHEART!!!!"

I just dont think before I type and I say what is on my mind I cant help that. It pisses me off that he started all this nonsense

My beef is with the care bears
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#122 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

In theory, the team never said they wanted to trade him, or even that they wanted Schneider to be the starter over Luongo. Luongo was the initiator with his original comments. He is however committed to a trade now. I don't understand why people still want to move Schneider over Luongo, when Luongo clearly has no intention to stay a Canuck long-term.

Luongo was asked a question about his future in the interview after losing to LA. They asked if he would be willing to move his no-trade clause and he said "if I was asked I would do so because I don't want to be a selfish player and not do whats best for the team". He then said if I'm here he will be happy to be here.

If he didn't want to play here and was being a big baby, he wouldn't have come to camp and go on the ice like normal. He would have stayed off and said " move me, I don't wana play here anymore.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#123 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Posted Image

#124 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Schneider MAY, and i say MAY, start the season by being the started, but trust me, it will NOT last. The second Cory has a few bad games in a row, the fans will want his head on a platter, and only THEN will people feel silly about all this nonsensical Luongo bashing!

If we trade Lu, God forbid, it'll be a HUGE mistake for the organization... mark my words!

#125 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Schneider MAY, and i say MAY, start the season by being the started, but trust me, it will NOT last. The second Cory has a few bad games in a row, the fans will want his head on a platter, and only THEN will people feel silly about all this nonsensical Luongo bashing!

If we trade Lu, God forbid, it'll be a HUGE mistake for the organization... mark my words!

It's not a matter of determining which goaltender is better to keep. It's a matter of balancing our team's finances as well as our team's overall ratings.
Posted Image

#126 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

In theory, the team never said they wanted to trade him, or even that they wanted Schneider to be the starter over Luongo. Luongo was the initiator with his original comments. He is however committed to a trade now. I don't understand why people still want to move Schneider over Luongo, when Luongo clearly has no intention to stay a Canuck long-term.

To me ,that is like saying the Province articles with the alleged Hodgson agent remarks created the entire argument for management to move Cody.
The media can be fed from both sides to create confusion and the desired results.
In this case ,Luo was pushed out of his starting role and the media ascended upon Luongo asking obvious questions.
If Gillis and the .org had no intention of moving Luongo they would not have stage managed the pieces to precipitate this move.

#127 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

It's not a matter of determining which goaltender is better to keep. It's a matter of balancing our team's finances as well as our team's overall ratings.

I agree.However,one would think Gillis figured that out before the 12 year deal.
Then again,he never paid heed to the groin and then made him captain,which was another winner move.

#128 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Apparently Schneider stunk it up in Europe big time. GAA well over 3 and a pretty average save % too. He was embarassed in a few games and had to be pulled. Then of course there's that shootout goal where Kane turned the poor kid inside out.

Sorry but 56 NHL games and 1 career playoff victory does not let you overthrow the franchise record holder and star goalie. I'll trust a guy who's been in this league about a decade, won Olympic gold and carried his team to Game 7 of the SCF over a still very much unproven backup goalie who has never faced the workload or pressure required of an NHL starter.

Can Schneider start as an NHL regular? Sure, but he hasn't yet and now should not be the time to experiment and see how he deals with this different beast. Stick to what we know and who we can trust, and that is Roberto Luongo. Yes he may be inconsistent at times, but over the course of a season he evens out to be a top-10 if not top-5 goalie, and he's been so consistently for the past decade.
Posted Image

#129 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

How come Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist don't get ripped on by their fans? They are top nhl goalies as well, number 1 goalies for their countries at the Olympics, and may even be better than Luongo.

Yet they haven't taken their teams to the finals yet and really have not stole playoff series. But they by all fans in the NHL are considered elite goalies but Luongo by our fans is not after all he has done.

Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist dont have a reputation for continually collapsing in the playoffs. Both of these guys are also Vezina trophy winners.
Aside from several good/very good regular seasons, what has Luongo done?

#130 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

So you're saying Schneider will never be considered elite,world class or anything else Lou has been considered.We may as well trade the bum.lol !

I dont think Schneider will ever make a habit of giving up 6 or more goals in a playoff game, is what I meant.
I'm sure Schneider will be considered elite and whatever else very soon actually.

#131 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

and this is why you're such a fracking moron, fans like you want him gone and want him traded. he agrees by saying it's time to move on yet somehow that makes him pathetic.

he's said more than once he'll do what's best for the team

What else is he going to say?

"Ah yeah, the coach replaced me in the playoffs because I sucked, now I'm not number 1 anymore so I wanna be traded somewhere I'll like."

#132 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

If Luongo is still here when the season starts I'm sure that they will BOTH get a chance to play and whoever plays better will be the starter. The job won't be automatically given to Schneider; it is up to him to steal it.

It's up to Schneider to be better than Luongo's typical slow start. That should be quite easy for him.

#133 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Is this how it went for Luongo? A string of poor, relatively meaningless regular season games turned the fanbase against him? I cant speak for everyone but that's not what did it for me.

#134 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Apparently Schneider stunk it up in Europe big time. GAA well over 3 and a pretty average save % too. He was embarassed in a few games and had to be pulled. Then of course there's that shootout goal where Kane turned the poor kid inside out.

Sorry but 56 NHL games and 1 career playoff victory does not let you overthrow the franchise record holder and star goalie. I'll trust a guy who's been in this league about a decade, won Olympic gold and carried his team to Game 7 of the SCF over a still very much unproven backup goalie who has never faced the workload or pressure required of an NHL starter.

Can Schneider start as an NHL regular? Sure, but he hasn't yet and now should not be the time to experiment and see how he deals with this different beast. Stick to what we know and who we can trust, and that is Roberto Luongo. Yes he may be inconsistent at times, but over the course of a season he evens out to be a top-10 if not top-5 goalie, and he's been so consistently for the past decade.

How consistent is he in the playoffs again?

#135 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Where's all the peeps that were saying Lu to T>O> was pretty much done deal? If that were the case, Luongo is just back in town to say goodbye? I don't think so.

Schneider was wearing a Vancouver Grizzlies cap. A VANCOUVER GRIZZLIES CAP!!! The writing is on the wall! Good luck fading off into obscurity Schneiderman!!!!

#136 puckdrop81

puckdrop81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Guys... How is a goalie supposed to prove that they can play if they don't get a chance to play? This is a fundamental thing that CDC seems to overlook.

agreed

#137 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Are you for real? He was playing for the European cellar dweller and he did great over there. So how many shots a game did he face? Oh and what was this average save%?

Loving Lou is one thing but being an a to our drafted and soon to be starting goalie? There are many valid reasons people have for being upset with Lou, from his cocky persona, inconsistent play, to years of playoff meltdowns. So tell us all, enlighten us, what's your beef with Cory? Dislike for redheads?

#138 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I am fully in support of keeping both goalies for this season, and they should be used almost 50/50. There will be a lot of back to backs, and having one of the best tandems in the NHL will be a big asset for us. Having said that, I expect Schneider to get more games in the beginning especially, because we can't afford a Luongo October in February. It just comes down to the best player playing until we get a reasonable offer for Lu. I'm happy with the situation.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#139 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

This thread could well become redundant in a matter of hours...

#140 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist dont have a reputation for continually collapsing in the playoffs. Both of these guys are also Vezina trophy winners.
Aside from several good/very good regular seasons, what has Luongo done?

Vezina is not Stanley. Fail.

#141 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Are you for real? He was playing for the European cellar dweller and he did great over there. So how many shots a game did he face? Oh and what was this average save%?

Loving Lou is one thing but being an a to our drafted and soon to be starting goalie? There are many valid reasons people have for being upset with Lou, from his cocky persona, inconsistent play, to years of playoff meltdowns. So tell us all, enlighten us, what's your beef with Cory? Dislike for redheads?

If you question Luongo your a troll and moron.

If you question Schneider your a hockey expert.

This is CDC Law
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#142 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

That's a silly comparison, DownUnda. .914 Save % is respectable for a goalie on a bottom feeder team in a European league, on a huge ice surface that he isn't used to (it changes a lot of the angles players can shoot from, it's not an easy switch to make for goalies).

"Sorry but 56 NHL games and 1 career playoff victory does not let you overthrow the franchise record holder and star goalie"

Umm,most professional hockey analysts / articles I've read say it's pretty much a done deal that Schneider is going to be the starter. So yes, it does let you overthrow the franchise goaltender, it's happening whether you like it or not. Continuously denying it isn't going to somehow change the reality.

I'm actually a bit on the fence; I actually agree with you that getting rid of Luongo is risky, especially given the condensed nature of the season. The problem is we don't have a bonified 2nd line centerman right now, which is a pretty glaring hole as well. We could potentially get one for Luongo in a trade. It'd be nice if we could keep both goalies, but I just don't see that happening. We need help up the middle with Kesler gone more than anything else on this team right now.

#143 Carson Graham

Carson Graham

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

If he's still a Canuck on the 19th (& the bet is that he will be), Lu will start. Its great for the fans, great for Lu (since the last time he played was during the playoffs....annnd he played well) and its a great message to the other interested teams that our "tag team" does & can work

#144 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

That's a silly comparison, DownUnda. .914 Save % is respectable for a goalie on a bottom feeder team in a European league, on a huge ice surface that he isn't used to (it changes a lot of the angles players can shoot from, it's not an easy switch to make for goalies).

Umm,most professional hockey analysts / articles I've read say it's pretty much a done deal that Schneider is going to be the starter. So yes, it does let you overthrow the franchise goaltender, it's happening whether you like it or not. Continuously denying it isn't going to somehow change the reality.

I'm actually a bit on the fence; I actually agree with you that getting rid of Luongo is risky, especially given the condensed nature of the season. The problem is we don't have a bonified 2nd line centerman right now, which is a pretty glaring hole as well. We could potentially get one for Luongo in a trade. It'd be nice if we could keep both goalies, but I just don't see that happening. We need help up the middle with Kesler gone more than anything else on this team right now.

There's no point arguing with this guy, hes from down unda and knows nothing, he's just obsessed with Luongo, hopefully he follows him wherever he gets traded to.

I could only imagine what Luongo's stats over in Europe would be.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#145 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Vezina is not Stanley. Fail.

Luongo has neither of these. Fail.

#146 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Luongo has neither of these. Fail.

Luongo has a wife and two children,homes in various locations,multiple Mercedes Benz and 50 odd million bucks for being one of the world's elite goalies.
Win.

#147 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Where's all the peeps that were saying Lu to T>O> was pretty much done deal? If that were the case, Luongo is just back in town to say goodbye? I don't think so.

Schneider was wearing a Vancouver Grizzlies cap. A VANCOUVER GRIZZLIES CAP!!! The writing is on the wall! Good luck fading off into obscurity Schneiderman!!!! Give us a break or someone beam you up Scotty !

and if it was a John Deere hat would you be saying hes quitting hockey to sell tractors?

#148 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

If you question Schneider you are a troll and moron.
If you question Luongo you are a hockey expert.
This is the Law of CDC.

Let me fix that for you.

#149 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Luongo has a wife and two children,homes in various locations,multiple Mercedes Benz and 50 odd million bucks for being one of the world's elite goalies.
Win.

Lots of guys have a wife and two kids. As for the rest of it, I'd say those are all indications that he's been overpaid for what he's delivered.

#150 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,639 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

That doesn't automatically mean Luongo has the starting job back. Schneider will be the #1 guy for the majority of the season.

Says who? Source?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.