6 replies to this topic

#1 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Again, another three way trade between the only possible trade partners in this world ever.

To PHI: Jake Gardiner, VAN 2013 3rd
To TOR: Roberto Luongo, Yann Sauve
To VAN: Wayne Simmonds, Maxime Talbot

I think it is fair and addresses the needs of all teams, the only issue I see is getting Gardiner out of Toronto since the trade off is essentially Gardiner for Luongo.

Philadelphia:
Spoiler

Toronto:
Spoiler

Vancouver:
Spoiler

Thoughts?

Edited by JimLahey, 11 January 2013 - 11:06 PM.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#2 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Toronto would be trading jake Gardiner straight up for Luongo, and that ain't happening.

#3 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Thank god, one without couturier based on reality. Better than most i've seen, I dislike both players we get but at least it makes sense..

#4 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I think we come out worst in this deal. However I like it more than the majority of proposals on CDC.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#5 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Is Gardiner that good?

I would be ok with this trade, I really doubt Philly is willing to trade a 30 goal scorer and an amzing 3rd line center for Gardiner alone.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#6 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Massive overpayment by the Canucks
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#7 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Massive overpayment by the Canucks

Massive? Disagree.

Vancouver gains a right handed, top six RW and a very effective 3C. - two of our biggest needs. What do we give up though?
A starting goaltender capable of taking a team to the playoffs, but is expendable in our current system. A 2013 3rd, even though it is a deep draft, that 3rd is well worth adding to the deal based on how our needs are addressed. Yann Sauve, I do not want to give him up but Toronto would need a near NHL ready defenseman. Not a Jake Gardiner, but could be a capable depth player in a couple seasons.

IMO we do not overpay. You have to give to get, and we give up assets to acquire players we do need and will have an impact, as well as a little more breathing room around the cap ceiling.

hL9YqYN.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.