The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Franson resigns with TO

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Once lockout is over, I expect TOR to announce a 1 year deal with defenceman Cody Franson. Likely for a shade over $1M. #tsn

@TFPnews: Toronto Maple Leafs :: Leafs, Franson agree to 1-year deal http://t.co/SVedCFpB

LEAFS, FRANSON AGREE TO 1-YEAR DEAL

TheFourthPeriod.com

The Toronto Maple Leafs have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with restricted free agent defenseman Cody Franson.

The deal, however, won't be formally signed and announced until the NHL lifts the lockout, which is expected to occur later today.

Franson, 25, registered five goals and 16 assists for 21 points in 57 games with the Leafs last season.

The Leafs acquired Franson, along with forward Matthew Lombardi, from the Nashville in exchange for Brett Lebda and Robert Slaney on July 3, 2011.

Franson earned $800,000 last season.

Too bad, that means Franson won't be parkage of the Luongo package. Sign and trade is considered a bad parctice among GMs, so I doubt Nonis will do that. I do not want any other defensemen on the Leafs team besides Franson. Now I just hope the Canucks do not deal witht the Leafs. Bozak is a career 3rd or 2nd liner at best, Kadri is like a young Wellwood.....no garbage from the Leafs please.

Too bad, that means Franson won't be parkage of the Luongo package. Sign and trade is considered a bad parctice among GMs, so I doubt Nonis will do that. I do not want any other defensemen on the Leafs team besides Franson. Now I just hope the Canucks do not deal witht the Leafs. Bozak is a career 3rd or 2nd liner at best, Kadri is like a young Wellwood.....no garbage from the Leafs please.

Archived