118 replies to this topic

#31 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Troll vs Troll in a battle of epic proportions?

Actually, that is inaccurate.
Only 1 could be the troll, and that is whoever is wrong.
The other, is telling the truth.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#32 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'm at UBC right now and Bobby Lu is not on the ice. The Nux have been on for about 30 minutes now. They just started a scrimmage. Blue vs Green. Goalie for Team Green is Schneider. Goalie for team Blue is a big dude wearing an NHLPA sweater, i;ve been told by one of the staff that its Dan Ellis? He didnt seem sure tho.

Almost everybody else is here except Lu. He was practicing yesterday.

**p.s a big media scrum is starting to form by the UBC dressing room. Its actually pretty hilarious as all of a sudden nobody but coaching staff is watching the scrimmage.

*pps, Zack Kassian looks huge on the ice and skates extremely well!! soft hands too

"ppps Cam Barker should have stayed in Europe.

Good to hear that about Kassian, and I really hope Gillis is being patient with this....the longer this drags on, the harder it's getting for me to imagine him gone. He's all class, and if he is traded before the end of this season, it better be for a fair price...
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#33 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

No, you gotta do better than that.
CURRENT pics or it didnt happen.
Anyone can grab a pic from yesterday.
Also, 2 diff media members I know and my buddy who lives at UBC said theres no one there.

call team 1040 they have a couple of reporters here they can confirm..

and im not sure how you want me to differentiate a picture from yesterday and today...they are dressed the same, and are practicing on the same ice!!

do u want me to take a picture of them while they are holding todays newspaper? kinda like proof of life sorta thing?

#34 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

and im not sure how you want me to differentiate a picture from yesterday and today...they are dressed the same, and are practicing on the same ice!!

do u want me to take a picture of them while they are holding todays newspaper? kinda like proof of life sorta thing?

you dont even need a newspaper. just a timestamp. Hold generic piece of paper w todays date up infront of your phone, take the pic of them on the ice. Voila, validated. Even a Leafs fan could manage this task.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#35 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hmm. canuckhound73 is right. Only one of them can be a troll, but which one?

Posted Image

Just thought you ought to know...

EDIT: Sorry guys, I'm stuck in CMN mode. I forget that there's a whole different etiquette up here.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 12 January 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Yes Please! Whatever you can do, just prove it :)
Posted Image

#37 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Brad Z says "no practice scheduled today...."

TROLL!!!!!

Z pbbly means no CLUB practice scheduled today. The CBA is expected to be ratified later today so AV could hold a practice. But players could still skate on their own as they have been for months.

Atleast this is how I see it.

#38 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

getcha papkorn reddy

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

Great now Hammer is going to choke on a cookie. Way to go Poetica. 

#39 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

this is an informal practice... AV and Bones are in the stands but not running practice

#40 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Yes Please! Whatever you can do, just prove it :)

working on it

#41 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I believe you. If you are lying big deal, We all know a trade is coming anyways.

#42 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Ban him if he's lying

#43 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

still waiting for that VERY EASY request to be filled carl.

having some trouble getting out to UBC right away & scrounging up a Canucks practice jersey & helmet on short notice?

Awww hell, just go to twitter, grab 1 of the MANY photos the "swarm" of media you saw there surely woulda tweeted about this epic private practice that no one else seems to be seeing, show me the link to it & you will be validated.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#44 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Haha, oh wow. This thread is a gong show.

#45 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

LOL. Ok everybody relax and give carl at least some time to get his proof ready.
Posted Image

#46 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

working on it

I wouldn't go to so many lengths to prove I'm not lying. If ppl don't believe you it's up to them to prove that.

I could say a thousand things in a day where ppl respond by saying we don't believe you. If I worried about that my whole day would be spent providing proof for my statements.

If someone thinks Canucks aren't at UBC and none of media are there it's upto them to confirm that and provide proof.

Then you should be promptly banned.

#47 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Whats not to believe? Weezer is a long time member, and where the hell do you think the players are now, at home watching cartoons? :rolleyes:

#48 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

i would be shocked if the players weren't skating somewhere today. with 7 days till the start of the season there are no days off. I dont doubt that part.

#49 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

deal not signed yet. I thought the no trade talk rule was still on until the deal is finally signed by both side?

#50 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

deal not signed yet. I thought the no trade talk rule was still on until the deal is finally signed by both side?

i think they can talk, they just cant seal the deal yet.

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2013-14 GDT Registrations
Canucks Game Prediction Challenge

#51 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

well some teams are reportedly already signing players with official announcements coming tomorrow or later today. as for the no trade rule your right it is in effect still. However the point of keeping him out of practice is to keep him healthy to facilitate a trade.

So *IF* luongo is really not practicing and the rest of the team is one could infer that a trade is imminent.

#52 DanielG27

DanielG27

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

I tend to believe Carl. Would surprise me that they wouldn't be practicing. Tomorrow training camp, they need to get in shape to start next Saturday. Would find it very strange if they weren't practicing today.

But I'm skeptical nonetheless as no one is tweeting about it in the media. If Luongo truly wasn't there, the media would be all over it.

Edited by DanielG27, 12 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#53 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Whats not to believe? Weezer is a long time member, and where the hell do you think the players are now, at home watching cartoons? :rolleyes:

So the guy who has been here since 2006, with no proof & is the ONLY PERSON ANYWHERE claiming this practice is going on is credible... but the person here since 2004, who texted 2 seperate media members, and a person who lives 3 blks from the rink & always goes to the practices out there, AND even gave Carl the chance to prove his claim with a simple pic (hes commenting on cdc, so he obv has access to a smartphone/ipad/laptop at "the rink: to make this happen in less than 3 minutes) must be lying?

Ok. Seems reasonable.
Also, no one suggested they were at home watching cartoons.
All that was stated is... they ARE NOT at UBC having a group practice in the last hour.

i would be shocked if the players weren't skating somewhere today. with 7 days till the start of the season there are no days off. I dont doubt that part.

I was shocked too. When I heard they werent I actually said "yeah right" took 2 diff people telling me they arent for me to believe it.
But hey, if you are convinced otherwise... feel free to call UBC arena (dont remember its actual name) and find out for sure. I KNOW the answer... so I dont need to... but go right ahead. Indulge your curiousity.

I wouldn't go to so many lengths to prove I'm not lying. If ppl don't believe you it's up to them to prove that.

I could say a thousand things in a day where ppl respond by saying we don't believe you. If I worried about that my whole day would be spent providing proof for my statements.

If someone thinks Canucks aren't at UBC and none of media are there it's upto them to confirm that and provide proof.

Then you should be promptly banned.

See, problem is he said there was a "swarm" of media there.... yet the 2 members I asked said no, and theres no tweets about it, or updates on team 1040 about any skate (they only mentioned there being 1 the last several days about 10 times an hr).
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#54 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

So the guy who has been here since 2006, with no proof & is the ONLY PERSON ANYWHERE claiming this practice is going on is credible... but the person here since 2004, who texted 2 seperate media members, and a person who lives 3 blks from the rink & always goes to the practices out there, AND even gave Carl the chance to prove his claim with a simple pic (hes commenting on cdc, so he obv has access to a smartphone/ipad/laptop at "the rink: to make this happen in less than 3 minutes) must be lying?

Ok. Seems reasonable.
Also, no one suggested they were at home watching cartoons.

weezer said he is working on it, relax, give him a few mins.Posted Image

Edited by vancanfan, 12 January 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#56 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, I agree with CanuckHound73. If TEAM1040 was there, wouldn't they tweet that Luongo is missing from practice? Or ANYONE on twitter for that matter?
Posted Image

#57 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

The Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Keeping this one open so it can be properly fact checked.

CH73, chill out a bit dude, have some patience.

#58 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I tend to believe Carl. Would surprise me that they wouldn't be practicing. Tomorrow training camp, they need to get in shape to start next Saturday. Would find it very strange if they weren't practicing today.

At first I found it odd too...but after thinking about it, it made a bit more sense.

Not THAT strange when you realize starting Sunday they have a very packed schedule in a short time, this is probably their last day to get non-hockey things done. Usually they would have weeks to do some things that they now only have a day or two to do.

Ontop of that, they probably didnt have ice rented for today. Its not like they KNEW when training camps would be or even when the CBA would get done.

Also, he said there was a "swarm" of media there. Yet not a single tweet or reference to a practice on the radio yet. hell, only pics I can even find from local media today are from hosea Cheung or Scott Rintoul showing the nice weather we have today.

But, believe what you want.... I am sure that "swarm" of media will be filling our ears & eyes with stories & internviews from TODAYS practice in literally the next few minutes. yup, its surely going to happen.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#59 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

weezer said he is working on it, relax, give him a few mins.Posted Image

even with the slowest internet connection in Vancouver, he should have had this done within 10 mins.
More realistically, 3 mins.
Its been 15+ minutes since I told him to get a pic.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#60 KeslersPlayoffBeard

KeslersPlayoffBeard

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

POPULAR

Some of you need to step away from CDC and get some fresh air...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.