The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Vancouver to host Edmonton season opener

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/01/12/leaked-draft-of-schedule-suggests-oilers-to-open-close-48-game-season-against-canucks/

• The Oilers will not play on opening night, next Saturday, January 19. The complete lack of interlocking games between conferences effectively splits the NHL into two 15-team leagues, meaning a minimum of one team from each conference will always be idle even on the busiest days. Next Saturday that will be Edmonton in the west.

• The Oil thus play their 48 games in 98 days, virtually a game every other day.

• Edmonton opens in Vancouver next Sunday, and closes with a home game against those same Canucks on April 27.

Canucks are going to struggle out the gate for sure. We've got a team with maybe 2 or 3 players who are in game-shape and a goalie who has just been bombed out in Europe up against a team of young, fresh kids, most of whom have been playing all season and are full of confidence.

It'll take us at least 10-15 games before we really get into our groove, whereas the Oilers will start strong and die out over the last half of the season.

If Lappy really put on 15 pounds of muscle, I wish the NHL would ask for a urine sample. How the heck can a pro athlete (who's already in great shape by "definition" of pro athlete), put on 15 pounds of muscle between seasons, even if this season if a few months late.

I could work out and eat my butt of for 5 hours a day and not put on 15 pounds of muscle.

Archived