Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John.Tallhouse

[Rumor] Vancouver to host Edmonton season opener

23 posts in this topic

More like a report.

But what's the big deal with who they face on opening night anyways?

I'd love to play the Oilers opening night and show RNH, Hall, and Schultz who really runs this division

I believe Vancouver still plays Anaheim on Saturday, and plays Edmonton sunday? I may be wrong.

I'd love to play the Oilers opening night and show RNH, Hall, and Schultz who really runs this division

I believe Vancouver still plays Anaheim on Saturday, and plays Edmonton sunday? I may be wrong.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/01/12/leaked-draft-of-schedule-suggests-oilers-to-open-close-48-game-season-against-canucks/

• The Oilers will not play on opening night, next Saturday, January 19. The complete lack of interlocking games between conferences effectively splits the NHL into two 15-team leagues, meaning a minimum of one team from each conference will always be idle even on the busiest days. Next Saturday that will be Edmonton in the west.

• The Oil thus play their 48 games in 98 days, virtually a game every other day.

• Edmonton opens in Vancouver next Sunday, and closes with a home game against those same Canucks on April 27.

I can confirm that Vancouver will open the season against the Oilers next Saturday night.

As much as I hate to say it the canucks will probably lose this game. Most of edmonton has been playing hockey for half a season already.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lappy +15 pounds of muscle throws his weight around.

I do not care who they face, I'm just glad they're back!

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lappy +15 pounds of muscle throws his weight around.

I can confirm that Vancouver will open the season against the Oilers next Saturday night.

Canucks are going to struggle out the gate for sure. We've got a team with maybe 2 or 3 players who are in game-shape and a goalie who has just been bombed out in Europe up against a team of young, fresh kids, most of whom have been playing all season and are full of confidence.

It'll take us at least 10-15 games before we really get into our groove, whereas the Oilers will start strong and die out over the last half of the season.

If Lappy really put on 15 pounds of muscle, I wish the NHL would ask for a urine sample. How the heck can a pro athlete (who's already in great shape by "definition" of pro athlete), put on 15 pounds of muscle between seasons, even if this season if a few months late.

I could work out and eat my butt of for 5 hours a day and not put on 15 pounds of muscle.