#31 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,733 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Comment removed - swear filter bypass

Crying about luongo leaving, and wishing him the best at the expense of the vancouver canucks indicates otherwise.
Also take some advice from a girl, cranberry juice works wonders for what your dealing with.

And talk about left field your comment about garys buddies, and markets that don't deserve it was tin foil hat worthy.
Considering the LA kings have been around longer than the Canucks, how do you figure they don't deserve it?

I make no apologies about being a Kassian fan, I mean he does play for the Vancouver Canucks.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#32 iamcanadian98

iamcanadian98

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

no wonder people call us the worst fans in the league, we are about to boo the best goalie the the Canucks have ever had, out of town, and please dont say McLean or Broudeur. Although i am still upset that Luongo cost us a cup by only scoring 8 goals in 7 games against Boston.

#33 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

lol ....sez the Galchenyuk fanboy

Doesn't mean I'll forsake him, once he starts playing horribly.
Let's not get stereotypical here.
Posted Image

#34 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

I would agree that Jennings is a reflection of the team's commitment to defensive play, however if you recall, it was Luongo who graciously vacated the net for Schneider to give Schneider the requisite number of appearances to share the Jennings trophy. If that doesn't speak of class and selflessness, I don't know what does. If Luongo gets traded, that's what I'll remember him for. As well, I'll also remember him for how generous he was with his time and interest with my friend's seven year son at the Westin Bear Mountain when the Canucks held their camp in Victoria 5-6 years ago.

The time is now for Schneider, but that does should not diminish all the good things that Luongo has accomplished for the Canucks. Will Schneider have equal amounts of success as Luongo? Time will tell. Will the Canucks faithful be merciless in their criticism of Schneider at his first failings? Without doubt, yes...after all, Canuckland is where goalies come to get buried.

You don't think that was the coaches decision? Do you think Lou had any choice in that at all?

#35 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

no wonder people call us the worst fans in the league, we are about to boo the best goalie the the Canucks have ever had, out of town, and please dont say McLean or Broudeur. Although i am still upset that Luongo cost us a cup by only scoring 8 goals in 7 games against Boston.

Maybe you remember this:
Game 6 chance to win the cup in Boston...and
Brad Marchand whistled a shot over Roberto Luongo's shoulder early in Game 6, Vancouver's enigmatic goalie looked a bit surprised, a little shaky.

When Milan Lucic trickled another goal through Luongo's legs 35 seconds later, the Boston Bruins could tell Luongo was off -- and they were on.

The tension of an elimination game eroded right along with Luongo's poise. With another goal by Andrew Ference moments later, Luongo was history and the Bruins were headed back to Vancouver for the Stanley Cup finals' grand finale.

#36 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Good to see you and the people 'liking' your post are trivializing the amazing contributions of the other members of the team and giving all the credit to 1 player.

Well the Lu haters are trivializing all the good things he's done and brought up only the bad, so what's wrong about that?

Also, the Vezina doesn't really mean much. The goalie who is part of the team who wins the cup usually wins it anyway. Luongo single-handedly won us games more than Thomas, so Luongo probably deserved it more than he did.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#37 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Maybe you remember this:
Game 6 chance to win the cup in Boston...and
Brad Marchand whistled a shot over Roberto Luongo's shoulder early in Game 6, Vancouver's enigmatic goalie looked a bit surprised, a little shaky.

When Milan Lucic trickled another goal through Luongo's legs 35 seconds later, the Boston Bruins could tell Luongo was off -- and they were on.

The tension of an elimination game eroded right along with Luongo's poise. With another goal by Andrew Ference moments later, Luongo was history and the Bruins were headed back to Vancouver for the Stanley Cup finals' grand finale.

Do you remember this?

The forwards, known for their puck moving skills and speed, who proved the team was an offensive powerhouse, scored a whopping average of 1.14 GPG. It was because of the terrible performance put in by an overpaid, cocky Luongo that the Canucks were only able to win 3 of 4, despite the team lighting up the Bruins night in and night out.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#38 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I would agree that Jennings is a reflection of the team's commitment to defensive play, however if you recall, it was Luongo who graciously vacated the net for Schneider to give Schneider the requisite number of appearances to share the Jennings trophy. If that doesn't speak of class and selflessness, I don't know what does. If Luongo gets traded, that's what I'll remember him for. As well, I'll also remember him for how generous he was with his time and interest with my friend's seven year son at the Westin Bear Mountain when the Canucks held their camp in Victoria 5-6 years ago.

The time is now for Schneider, but that does should not diminish all the good things that Luongo has accomplished for the Canucks. Will Schneider have equal amounts of success as Luongo? Time will tell. Will the Canucks faithful be merciless in their criticism of Schneider at his first failings? Without doubt, yes...after all, Canuckland is where goalies come to get buried.

Wisely said.
Posted Image

#39 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

You don't think that was the coaches decision? Do you think Lou had any choice in that at all?

Presuming it was coach's decision (which i don't think was the case), would you not agree Lu was gracious to comply? He appeared to be genuinely happy to share the Jennings with Schneider...if you want to remember it differently, that's your prerogative.

#40 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Presuming it was coach's decision (which i don't think was the case), would you not agree Lu was gracious to comply? He appeared to be genuinely happy to share the Jennings with Schneider...if you want to remember it differently, that's your prerogative.

Well without Schneider and the minimum amount of games he had to play, there is no Jennings trophy. It's got nothing to do about being gracious to share the Jennings with Schneider.. And since when did Luo decide who starts games? Did Lou decide to start Cory in the playoffs last year? I doubt it...

#41 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

So you don't think it's the coaches decision on who plays in goal? And you think Lou has the option on weather he wants to comply with the coaches decision? Well then...

Also just do you know Cory had a higher wining percentage per games played. If anything Lou was lucky Cory got it for him. :)

Edited by Nino, 13 January 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#42 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Last I checked he carried the team for 6 years

Statements like this undermine the importance of players like Kesler, the Sedins, Burrows.

#43 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Well without Schneider and the minimum amount of games he had to play, there is no Jennings trophy. It's got nothing to do about being gracious to share the Jennings with Schneider.. And since when did Luo decide who starts games? Did Lou decide to start Cory in the playoffs last year? I doubt it...

What? Last time I checked, Jennings is awarded to goalie(s) on team with lowest GAA. So, it would have been awarded to the Canucks goalie(s) regardless of whose names were engraved on the trophy.

Sorry that your takeaway from my comment was that Lu decides who starts in net. In what parallel universe does that happen? I guess the nuances of subtleties are lost with you. And if your memory served you properly, you would remember that Lu actually started the game and gave way to Schneider in the third period to give Schneider the the requisite appearances needed to qualify Schneider's name to be on the Jennings.

#44 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

ALL HAIL SCHNEIDER!!!! Luongo will never win a cup now he is on a slow and steady decline. Even with the best team in the NHL right near the end of his prime he was not able to get it done. We were meant for SCHNEIDER! See ya Lu its been nice

#45 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

So you don't think it's the coaches decision on who plays in goal? And you think Lou has the option on weather he wants to comply with the coaches decision? Well then...

Also just do you know Cory had a higher wining percentage per games played. If anything Lou was lucky Cory got it for him. :)

Dude, I was referring to the one case that Lu was pulled or pulled himself in the third period to give Schneider the number of games so that Schneider's name could be engraved on the Jennings. Does the distinction have to literally be spelled out for you? I guess you felt it necessary to extrapolate a circumstance-specific comment onto the entire decision-making dynamics on naming starters, though the case I am referring to has nothing to do with who starts and who sits.

I agree that 2010-2011 was a break-out season for Schneider, but stat line disputes your assertion Lu was lucky to have Schneider as his back up (source for stats shown below: canucks.com). As a refresher for you, Jennings is awarded to lowest team GAA, and for a goalie to have his name on the trophy, a minimum of 25 game appearances is required.

Luongo GP: 60; GAA: 2.11; W-L-T: 38-15-7; SV%: 0.928; WIN%: 0.692
Schneider GP: 25; GAA: 2.23; W-L-T: 16-4-1; SV% 0.929; WIN%: 0.750

I am 100% in support of this being Schneider's time, but I'm not about to make him out into something (i.e., a superstar) he hasn't become yet (which I believe he will become) and make Lu to be something less than what he was (a franchise goalie with playoff failings and 1-2 year decline in performance that provided stability in nets as Sedins/Kesler/Bieksa/et.al. became the leaders they became).

Smiley face right back at ya.

Edited by disisdayear, 14 January 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#46 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Dude, I was referring to the one case that Lu was pulled or pulled himself in the third period to give Schneider the number of games so that Schneider's name could be engraved on the Jennings. Does the distinction have to literally be spelled out for you? I guess you felt it necessary to extrapolate a circumstance-specific comment onto the entire decision-making dynamics on naming starters, though the case I am referring to has nothing to do with who starts and who sits.

I agree that 2010-2011 was a break-out season for Schneider, but stat line disputes your assertion Lu was lucky to have Schneider as his back up (source for stats shown below: canucks.com). As a refresher for you, Jennings is awarded to lowest team GAA, and for a goalie to have his name on the trophy, a minimum of 25 game appearances is required.

Luongo GP: 60; GAA: 2.11; W-L-T: 38-15-7; SV%: 0.928; WIN%: 0.692
Schneider GP: 25; GAA: 2.23; W-L-T: 16-4-1; SV% 0.929; WIN%: 0.750

I am 100% in support of this being Schneider's time, but let's not make him out into something (i.e., a superstar) he hasn't become yet (which I believe he will become) and make Lu to be something less than what he was (a franchise goalie with playoff failings that provided stability in nets as Sedins/Kesler/Bieksa/et.al. became the leaders they became).

Smiley face back at ya.

Ok, sorry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.