45 replies to this topic

#31 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

True fans don't need to be lured back. True fans never left.

im sorry but this is the most ignorant saying coming out of the lockout.
2 lockouts in recent history. players fighting with owners. owners fighting with players. and a big eff you to fans.

you can be a true fan but to turn a blind eye of what they did to us fans is just ignorance.

so true fans never left what? left the canuck organization or players. because the conflict was between the two parties.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#32 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Than as a true fan you shouldn't whine about ticket prices and buy seasons to support them right?

I don't whine about ticket prices. I spend my money on things that matter for my well being, and if and when I have extra I buy tickets, complaint free. As a true fan, I realize I don't need to buy tickets to every game but support the team in any other alternative, however I am financially capable. It's not even about spending the money, it's about rooting for your favorites.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 13 January 2013 - 05:30 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#33 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

im sorry but this is the most ignorant saying coming out of the lockout.
2 lockouts in recent history. players fighting with owners. owners fighting with players. and a big eff you to fans.

you can be a true fan but to turn a blind eye of what they did to us fans is just ignorance.

so true fans never left what? left the canuck organization or players. because the conflict was between the two parties.

The ignorant statement is actually exactly what I'm quoting, friend. A true fan realizes something:

The NHL is a business. Their sole purpose(s) are to make money, and entertain the fans. In that order. The lockout was based on money, and how to fairly share the revenue. It's not as though they locked out to spite the fans, although some of the whiners seem to twist it that way. What did they really do to us fans? It's not as though anyone has died due to NHL withdrawl. "Oh the NHL and NHLPA are big meanies, we should let them know they made us saaaad". Get over it. They acted on a side of the business, while it may be unfortunate for the fans, that was in the best interests of the parties involved. I'm sorry, but the NHL and PA did nothing wrong. Quit being one of those whiners and accept that.

Stop me when this starts to resonate with your sensible side.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 13 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#34 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Anyone make it down this afternoon? Wondering how many people came,
I got tomorrow off, thinking of taking in the session 9-12

#35 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Cba thread is in the general hockey section.. Good to hear about Raymond, hope he keeps it up when things get physical.

#36 Bleed Blue and Green

Bleed Blue and Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Nice crowd down there today. I'd say 2000-3000 people and even Luuuuu chants going on. Hard to get signatures or pictures though as fans weren't allowed to sit near the tunnel.

DeeCanucksBlog7_zps935c66c6.jpg

#37 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I went down there. There was a fair amount of people. Pretty much the whole lower section on one side was full.

One girl in a Lapierre jersey was freaking out every time he came near her. Then at the end of the practice he came over and gave her his stick, and she completely lost it. :lol: Classy move by Lappy though.

Edited by DeNiro, 13 January 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#38 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

The ignorant statement is actually exactly what I'm quoting, friend. A true fan realizes something:

The NHL is a business. Their sole purpose(s) are to make money, and entertain the fans. In that order. The lockout was based on money, and how to fairly share the revenue. It's not as though they locked out to spite the fans, although some of the whiners seem to twist it that way. What did they really do to us fans? It's not as though anyone has died due to NHL withdrawl. "Oh the NHL and NHLPA are big meanies, we should let them know they made us saaaad". Get over it. They acted on a side of the business, while it may be unfortunate for the fans, that was in the best interests of the parties involved. I'm sorry, but the NHL and PA did nothing wrong. Quit being one of those whiners and accept that.

i understand its a business. but the whole notion of "true fans never leave is complete bs." i dont want anything free from the canucks, but im certainly not going to blindly support them with all they have done in the past. i love hockey, and was disappointed, but that does not mean I have to flock back as soon as they return.

"we missed you" bs is well bs. they solved the NHL lock out in what 2 weeks? where was this negotiating in july?

Edited by canucks.bradley, 13 January 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Posted Image

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#39 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

i understand its a business. but the whole notion of "true fans never leave is complete bs." i dont want anything free from the canucks, but im certainly not going to blindly support them with all they have done in the past.

And what have they done in the past? Have they come to your house and taken your family hostage? Have they shown up at your job and requested your boss lay you off? What have they done to hurt you so bad?...

I said it before, I'll say it again: Get over it.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#40 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

And what have they done in the past? Have they come to your house and taken your family hostage? Have they shown up at your job and requested your boss lay you off? What have they done to hurt you so bad?...

I said it before, I'll say it again: Get over it.

2 lockouts is a disgrace for any business. not personally but to all the workers that were laid off and the bars/business that saw a decline in business.

get over it? I'll say it again, don't be so forgiving
Posted Image

#41 2009cupchamps

2009cupchamps

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Anyone who made it down there get a look at the lines

#42 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Anyone who made it down there get a look at the lines

Pretty much the regular lines with the addition of Schroeder and Ebbett. Booth and Kassian weren't at practice, so the lines were:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows, Raymond-Schroeder-Ebbett, Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen, Weise-Malhotra-Volpatti

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#43 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Pretty much the regular lines with the addition of Schroeder and Ebbett. Booth and Kassian weren't at practice, so the lines were:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows, Raymond-Schroeder-Ebbett, Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen, Weise-Malhotra-Volpatti

Man, that lineup doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I think most people forget before they ran into a boatload of injuries, the Wild were dominating the NHL for the first half of last season. With a shortened season, fewer injuries and the additions of Suter/Parise, we might be in tough with beating the Wild for the division this year. We'll see.

#44 2009cupchamps

2009cupchamps

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

So basically we still don't know what the 2 nd line will look like

#45 NASLUND IS #1

NASLUND IS #1

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

"True fans never left" hahaha, sweetheart, don't act like you're better than anyone else who watches hockey. You need to spend some more time watching hockey, by next lockout you'll be at the same level alot of other "whiners" are at right now.

The NHL is a business, a business can't run without clients (in this case the fans). And if you classify professional sports leagues "businesses" the NHL would be amongst the bottom of the pack.

And contrary to how you think we're all "whiners", some people lost their jobs because of this lockout or got hours severely cut. The lockout was absolutely unnecessary. There was no reason for it to happen and go on for as long as it did. Negotiations could have begun right after the previous season as opposed to November last year. The lockout doesn't have to directly effect you or me, but since we're talking business, layoffs are a given. But it was necessary to lay these guys off for half a season because these millionaires and billionaires couldn't figure out how to cut the pie equally.

Oh, also (if you weren't aware) some charities rely heavily on the Canucks (directly or indirectly) for donations and fundraising. So yes, this "NHL withdrawal" as you call it could have cost a respirator for a kid who might have had one with the money from the first 48 games of the season. Have you ever seen a kid's face light up when they see their favorite Canucks player come see them in the hospital? Talk to them or the local hospices about that and then come back and post about "NHL withdrawal". A large donation from the organization or the NHL would be a nice gesture. (LA Kings, you've done well)

And you're obviously not a fan who has season tickets (sure you support them from home and go to a game every-so-often), but what about for someone who dishes out anywhere from $2,000-10,000 on season tickets and keeps the owners and players pockets warm? They don't matter to this "business"?

It was an absolutely unnecessary lockout, plain and simply.

Let's use a real life "business" example using on of the most successful companies in the world right now. Say you have an iPhone that doesn't get reception, you take it to Apple, they say it's your provider, your provider says it's your phone, you get the finger pointed by both companies at each other. Now with this same example, say you go to Apple, they have a look at it, say it's your provider's problem, but understand your concern, change the sim card, you still have the same issue and they exchange it. But what if Apple felt they were paying their employees too much? What if they locked out their workers?

You have to keep your customers satisfied in order to run a business. In the example Apple could have simply said "it's policy, it's your provider" how pissed off would you be that you're getting the run around? You pay for this product but you get no service or support for it. That's how myself and alot of other STH's I know feel. Buy the ticket, but you're just a number. It's quite clear the organization and NHL don't care because there's 3000 other people waiting to take those seats for a full season.

So you get over it. We as fans have every right to be pissed off. Keep in mind you don't speak for a majority of the fanbase with your thoughts or opinions and everyone else is just as entitled to be happy or be a "whiner" as you are.

A true fan supports the team thru it's highs and lows. Believing this lockout had some merit does not make you a true fan. There's a few other phrases you can use to describe yourself if you actually believe that.
RIP Luc

#46 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Oh and Hamhuis and Booth weren't at practice, I'm sure it's nothing though.

Sunday mass
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.