The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Many Points Should We Expect From Zack Kassian

Peter Gunn

How Many Points Do Expect From Zack  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully he plays well enough for a top 6 or top 9 role. If he is being used on the 4th line again, I would be annoyed as it would be better to have him in the minors then the 4th line. No point rushing this guy. He might actually have an edge over the others as he has been playing all year. Looking forward to see what he can do ;)

Completely agree. All of this chatter about Kassian being slotted with the Sedin's is nuts. I typically agree with a lot of what Tony Gallagher has to say, but that idea is just dumb. Burrows with the Sedin's works; his energy brings out the best in the twins.

Maybe try out Kassian on the PP with the twins, but not as a full-time thing.

Depends how they use him.

I don't think he's quite ready for prime time but you never know with the Sedins, they seem to bring out the best in alot of guys. I would give him a real good look with them for the first half of training camp and see if he can hang with them. Not because I think he will be better than burrows, he won't. It would be ideal to be able move burrows down to the second line for balance IMO. Although he's no superstar, burr seems to have that ability to make others around him better. With kesler off the second line, that line is going to be seriously hurting. I think if Schroeder gets that 2nd line job, it would do wonders for his development to play with a guy like burr for a few weeks.

We're not going to have alot of room for error this year so even if Kass starts with the twins, I find it unlikely he will stick unless he's really putting the points up. It would be a huge bonus if he does though and we could use burrows in the second.

All depends on who he plays with as previously stated. I would prefer to see him start the season getting PP time with the sedins and pulling Samuelson duty replacing burr after a penalty kill while slotting in on the turd Banging bodies with Max lap . He is one of the few players who has been playing all season and should hopefully be up to speed I say give him an early chance to earn a top six spot. Spot duty with the sedins can only improve his playmaking. If he does well when Kes comes back he could be just the guy to dish the cookie on the second.

Also imo If he isn't ready for top 9 duty send him back to the wolves for more ice time. Nobody develops on the 4th.

I think he would do very well to get 20pts if he stays in the top 9 but its not the points I will be most concerned with I will be watching his +\- and hit tallies and O zone penalties. If he can be a + player, pace maxlap in hits, and not take o zone penalties he will have shown me that he is improving even if his point total is only 10 to 15 playing on the turd.

Most of CDC will say "90 points or he's useless and should riding pine"

Anyone who knows something about hockey will say "20-25pts"

Myself, I'm going to say 20pts is a successful half season for Zack.

I'm not looking for success from Zack this year, I'm more excited to see him grow and improve over the next couple of years.

I'm going with 10/15, we are only talking about 48 games (if he plays all) a point every 4 games will be doing well for him.

I'm more concerned with his work effort then how he is for points. I'd be happy if we just noticed that he was on the ice for all his shifts.

Archived