Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cromeslab

[Report] Jamie Benn not at Stars camp

138 posts in this topic

This is usually the case when there is no freakin contract

I think I saw Ekland or Hockey Insider say

PK for Benn?!

Wow how creative, such insiders,

how do they know so much?

Why does Toronto think they are going to get both Perry and Getzlaf this off season? They're going to want to go to a contender not pretender. Yet I doubt they come here. Ben would be a nice addition to the squad.

The value of an Edler and Hansen for Benn trade is actually close to fair. The thing I am not entirely sure about, is what Dallas needs in terms of assets that will help their team since they are not rebuilding. The other intangible, is how many teams would be interested in aquiring a Benn type player, who needs a big raise, and still be able to fit him in under the new cap next year. If any other teams can afford it salary and asset wise, that will drive up the bid from Edler + Hansen to that + something else we might not want to part with in addition.

Also, how happy would Dallas really be to move an unsigned player in Benn, for another unsigned player in Edler?

Benn with the Sedins would rock, since Kes Burr and whoever else would make a great 2nd line again. Personally, without knowing what it is we get back in any goalie trade, I would hesitate to ship Edler IF he really wants to stay in Vancouver for a fair price.If he doesn't, for whatever reasons, then that just forces the future goalie trade to evolve into aquiring a solid Dman instead of scoring forward.

Now, of the teams we might think want a goalie, who might those Dmen be?

If Benn doesnt want to re-sign, Nieuwendyk doesnt have much leverage in negotiations.

This situation reminds me of the Kyle Turris trade. Although Benn is the better player, I dont think the price for him is sky high considering that he doesnt have a contract.

I dont like the proposal with Hansen in it, he's one of the best 3rd line checker in the game. But if they insist he has to be in it for the trade to be accepted then do it lol.

If Im MG, i'd offer this to Dallas and see if they bite.

Mason Raymond + Alex Edler + Jordan Schroeder

For

Jamie Benn + Reilly Smith

Why does Toronto think they are going to get both Perry and Getzlaf this off season? They're going to want to go to a contender not pretender. Yet I doubt they come here. Ben would be a nice addition to the squad.

I'd be ok with Edler plus a throw in or two for Benn. Then trade Lu for Kadri and Franson. Benn could play centre till Kesler is back. I wouldn't want the main component of the Lu trade being Bozak considering he would be a potential rental.

Lines (assuming Raymond is gone and Kesler is back)

Sedins - Benn

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Lappiere Kassian

Weise Manny Hansen

Have a hard time figuring out where Kadri fits into the lineup, but usually there's at least one injury at forward.

If Benn doesnt want to re-sign, Nieuwendyk doesnt have much leverage in negotiations.

This situation reminds me of the Kyle Turris trade. Although Benn is the better player, I dont think the price for him is sky high considering that he doesnt have a contract.

I dont like the proposal with Hansen in it, he's one of the best 3rd line checker in the game. But if they insist he has to be in it for the trade to be accepted then do it lol.

For

I'd be ok with Edler plus a throw in or two for Benn. Then trade Lu for Kadri and Franson. Benn could play centre till Kesler is back. I wouldn't want the main component of the Lu trade being Bozak considering he would be a potential rental.

Lines (assuming Raymond is gone and Kesler is back)

Sedins - Benn

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Lappiere Kassian

Weise Manny Hansen

Have a hard time figuring out where Kadri fits into the lineup, but usually there's at least one injury at forward.

I see one difference between the Turris trade, and any potential Benn trade. Benn is slightly more proven as a forward than Turris was.

You're right about the contract thing, which is why I though it fair for an Edler swap, with Hansen as well. I'm not advocating moving Hansen either, he is a massive part of the 3rd line that would not be easily replaced, but Dallas would probably want at least those 2 parts to consider moving Benn anywhere. Come to think of it, I wonder how the value would be for this trade if both Edler and Benn were already under fair contracts...

just out of curiosity, how long can a player sit as a RFA without a contract? is it the same as going from RFA to UFA at the age of 27?

For

what people in this thread dont seem to get is that IF benn were available there would be a crazy amount of teams interested. in other words it would take a huge overpayment ( i.e. an offer that dallas cannot turn down ) to even their attention. lets look at the names being thrown out in this thread:

Kesler: was a 40 goal, selke winner two years ago. however an off season last year coupled with the fact that he is starting to become a very injury proned player has seriously lowered his value. add in that he wont be able to start the season on time and dallas is telling you, that they want more.

Edler: after another good season seeing edler put up 40+ points it would seem that edlers stock is on the rise. however his back issues over that last few years may have dallas worried that he'll be a severly injury proned player. add in that hes a pending UFA and edlers stock is nowhere near his actual value. dallas will tell you they want more.

i guess my point is that if vancouver is serious about getting benn then they need to throw an offer out there that will be tough to beat.

my offer would be: kesler + edler + schoerder + raymond

i know thats a lot for canucks fans to accept but that is what i truly think its going to take. when you think about it that is one offer that is both hard to ignore if your dallas and hard to beat if your another interested team

southpop45 that is a massive overpayment-are you trying to aquire Weber??

Sure 29 other teams are interested, but which of those 29 teams can offer a 50 point D man who is 26 and at a cap hit of <3.5mill....

not many teams.

To all those who think we can land Benn; Its never gonna happen.

There s way too many obstacles between Vancouver and Benn.

First of all the Stars would have to desire a trade which they very don't.

The second option is an offer sheet, but Dallas will just match anyway.

A trade may become possible if a deal can t be made but there are so many teams with more options in a deal that i don t see that happening either. I seriously don t see edler getting it done nor do they need Luongo. We won t be getting a high pic and our prospects aside from jensen and lack are mediocre and adding either would be getting into the too expensive category.

southpop45 that is a massive overpayment-are you trying to aquire Weber??

Sure 29 other teams are interested, but which of those 29 teams can offer a 50 point D man who is 26 and at a cap hit of <3.5mill....

not many teams.

Think Dallas may not want to much to do with the Canucks....

IIRC Aquillini's & Gaglardi have some history & not the fuzzy warm kind.

Benn in Van is as likely as Weber in Van IMO