The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jamie Benn not at Stars camp

Cromeslab

Not to mention Benn is horrendous at faceoffs, so why you would play him at center unless it was as a last resort is just baffling.

In reality, Benn would be on the 2nd line in that case, although Benn's a shoot first guy ... and Kesler's a shoot first guy ... and Booth is a shoot first guy ... Haven't we been down this road before?

If I was Dallas, the only way Benn is leaving, is if I got a young top 6 forward and a top 2 dman back. Dallas has two 40 year olds playing in their top 6. So unless you want to give up Kesler and Edler for Benn, and a duster or pick. Then don't expect him to come here.

I don't think you can trade for a guy that isn't under contract. Dallas don't have a contract with him, hence he is not at training camp. Dallas will sign him if at all possible. If not , we could sign him and pay Dallas a host of draft picks depending on how much we pay. I think that is how it works. Would be nice to get him, but not realistic much.

I don't think you can trade for a guy that isn't under contract. Dallas don't have a contract with him, hence he is not at training camp. Dallas will sign him if at all possible. If not , we could sign him and pay Dallas a host of draft picks depending on how much we pay. I think that is how it works. Would be nice to get him, but not realistic much.

hmmm...

how about this instead..

To Philly:

Luongo + Raymond + draft pick(?)

To Vancouver:

Sean CourtierI

To Dallas:

Kesler

To Vancouver:

Jamie Benn

That would give us a tougher and younger Stanley Cup winning second line.

Booth - Benn - Courtrier

I would love it if Gillis could some how pry Benn out of Dallas, but i dont think Nieuwendyk would

be willing to move him unless he recieves an offer he can't refuse.

I think Nieuwendyk would want Edler + Hansen in a deal for Benn, if he were to do a deal

with Vancouver.

I would love it if Gillis could some how pry Benn out of Dallas, but i dont think Nieuwendyk would

be willing to move him unless he recieves an offer he can't refuse.

I think Nieuwendyk would want Edler + Hansen in a deal for Benn, if he were to do a deal

with Vancouver.

Archived