Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vancanfan

(Signing) Canucks sign Cam Barker, 1 yr - $700 K

285 posts in this topic

If he returns to form and Garrison becomes solid on the right side we would have a very similar defence to the 10-11 nucks.

Hamhuis-Bieksa=Hamhuis-Bieksa-more experience together which makes it a better pairing.

Edler-Ehrhoff=Edler-Barker- Similar but Barker is slower yet a little better in his own zone than Ehrhoff.

Ballard-Salo=Ballard-Garrison- Garrison could be more effective than Salo that year (recovering from injuries etc.) And Ballard is miles better than when he started with the canucks.

Plus we have a more experienced Tanev and Alberts as depth.

Just watched the interview of him and oh man, does he look out of shape or what. Big beer belly with pretty under-trained chests

Barker is an awful NHL player. Wild fans will tell you how awful he was.

Hopefully he'll stay in his #8 role and never have to play.

Are you kidding me? Ehrhoff was called Errorhoff in San Jose for a reason. In Vancouver he was alright but throughout the season and playoffs he made brutal plays in his own zone. For example, in a game against the Avs, I believe he tried to deke some player right in front of Luongo and the guy just poked it away and scored on Lu.

Also I said only if Barker regains his 40 pt form, if that doesn't happen (which probably won't happen)he is indeed a depth dman

4 actually. Mine was first but I put it in the wrong section.

Barker is an awful NHL player. Wild fans will tell you how awful he was.

Hopefully he'll stay in his #8 role and never have to play.

Oilers fans have nothing good to say about him fro last season. I really hope he pans out, but I don't have high hopes.

Wild fans will also tell you how awful their entire defence corps is. Aside from Suter, now...

If he returns to form and Garrison becomes solid on the right side we would have a very similar defence to the 10-11 nucks.

Hamhuis-Bieksa=Hamhuis-Bieksa-more experience together which makes it a better pairing.

Edler-Ehrhoff=Edler-Barker- Similar but Barker is slower yet a little better in his own zone than Ehrhoff.

Ballard-Salo=Ballard-Garrison- Garrison could be more effective than Salo that year (recovering from injuries etc.) And Ballard is miles better than when he started with the canucks.

I see Gilbert as half-NHL, half-AHL.

Spurgeon and Scandella will eventually play better than he does.