#181 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

maybe Baker for JAmie Benn........ha ha

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#182 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

maybe Baker for JAmie Benn........ha ha

That's hilarious dude!
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#183 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

If he returns to form and Garrison becomes solid on the right side we would have a very similar defence to the 10-11 nucks.

Hamhuis-Bieksa=Hamhuis-Bieksa-more experience together which makes it a better pairing.

Edler-Ehrhoff=Edler-Barker- Similar but Barker is slower yet a little better in his own zone than Ehrhoff.

Ballard-Salo=Ballard-Garrison- Garrison could be more effective than Salo that year (recovering from injuries etc.) And Ballard is miles better than when he started with the canucks.

Plus we have a more experienced Tanev and Alberts as depth.

If Barker becomes a top 4 d man on the Canucks, this season will be ugly and Gillis will be researching lottery picks.

And you may not like that Ehrhoff left but to say Barker is in anyway remotely comparable is wrong. Christian Ehrhoff is a very good NHL defenceman with multiple good seasons. Even last year with injuries and playing on a struggling team he still put up numbers. And Barker is not physical.

#184 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I"m not complaining.

Posted Image

#185 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Just watched the interview of him and oh man, does he look out of shape or what. Big beer belly with pretty under-trained chests

Which interview are you talking about?

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#186 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Barker is an awful NHL player. Wild fans will tell you how awful he was.

Hopefully he'll stay in his #8 role and never have to play.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#187 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,125 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Are you kidding me? Ehrhoff was called Errorhoff in San Jose for a reason. In Vancouver he was alright but throughout the season and playoffs he made brutal plays in his own zone. For example, in a game against the Avs, I believe he tried to deke some player right in front of Luongo and the guy just poked it away and scored on Lu.

Also I said only if Barker regains his 40 pt form, if that doesn't happen (which probably won't happen)he is indeed a depth dman

And Barker didn't stick with Chicago, Minny or Edmonton for a reason. Some of the main bloggers for each of those three teams made blogs specifically about how bad he was and why no one else should consider him. Ehrhoff is likley better in his own zone due to better foot speed.

Barker could impress but is slow and doesn't use his size very much. He's not a very physical guy despite being so big, and will really only excel in specialized offensive situations. I hope he can keep from being a liability while contributing for what he's good at, otherwise he won't see much ice time (unless it's with the Wolves).

I expect he's as likely to get back to the 40 point plateau as Ballard is, so I have lower expectations but still some before I'm happy with him as a depth D-man.

Edited by elvis15, 13 January 2013 - 05:53 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#188 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

4 actually. Mine was first but I put it in the wrong section.

Man, that's mod material right there!

/=S=/

#189 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Barker is an awful NHL player. Wild fans will tell you how awful he was.

Hopefully he'll stay in his #8 role and never have to play.

Wild fans will also tell you how awful their entire defence corps is. Aside from Suter, now...

/=S=/

#190 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Oilers fans have nothing good to say about him fro last season. I really hope he pans out, but I don't have high hopes.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#191 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

POPULAR

Sharks fans also tried to tell us how awful Ehrhoff was when we traded for him.

That tends to happen after a player leaves a team.

Wait until you see him on the ice before you go and say he's awful.

Edited by DeNiro, 13 January 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#192 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Wild fans will also tell you how awful their entire defence corps is. Aside from Suter, now...

Gilbert, Spurgeon, Scandella are at least NHL quality players.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#193 Pyrene

Pyrene

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Which interview are you talking about?

The first video of the main page. Doesn't even look like the build of a hockey player. He's sure gone down from that "big" defensemen who can throw his weight around.

Video: Camp Underway. Watch him walk through the hallway.

Edited by Pyrene, 13 January 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#194 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,133 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

If he returns to form and Garrison becomes solid on the right side we would have a very similar defence to the 10-11 nucks.

Hamhuis-Bieksa=Hamhuis-Bieksa-more experience together which makes it a better pairing.

Edler-Ehrhoff=Edler-Barker- Similar but Barker is slower yet a little better in his own zone than Ehrhoff.

Ballard-Salo=Ballard-Garrison- Garrison could be more effective than Salo that year (recovering from injuries etc.) And Ballard is miles better than when he started with the canucks.

You haven't seen Barker play now haven't you? Slow, horrible in his own end and no hockey IQ.

#195 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Gilbert, Spurgeon, Scandella are at least NHL quality players.

Not Gilbert. Just the latter two.
Posted Image

#196 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Not Gilbert. Just the latter two.

Gilbert is currently the best of the three.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#197 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Gilbert is currently the best of the three.

I see Gilbert as half-NHL, half-AHL.

Spurgeon and Scandella will eventually play better than he does.
Posted Image

#198 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

I see Gilbert as half-NHL, half-AHL.

Spurgeon and Scandella will eventually play better than he does.

Gilbert has been in the NHL 7 full seasons after a stint in the AHL. How does that qualify him as an NHL/AHL tweener?

Spurgeon and Scandella could eventually be better than him, but currently Gilbert is the front runner.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#199 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,133 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

You haven't seen Barker play now haven't you? Slow, horrible in his own end and no hockey IQ. Both Edmonton and Minny fans thought he was the worst player in the league when he was on their teams. Only a miracle can revive his career now.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 13 January 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#200 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

I guess at least he is big....

#201 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Gilbert has been in the NHL 7 full seasons after a stint in the AHL. How does that qualify him as an NHL/AHL tweener?

Spurgeon and Scandella could eventually be better than him, but currently Gilbert is the front runner.

A stint in the AHL is still playing in the AHL, and who knows, if his skills will cause him to revert to another round of AHL-style playing?
Also, if it is quite clear Spurgeon and Scandella will play better than he does, why even both uphold the fact Gilbert is currently the best? He'll be overtaken by the two quite shortly.
Posted Image

#202 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,932 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Edmonton paid him 2.5m to be a top 4 defenceman on a young inexperience and defensively challenged team. I think even Lidstromwould be a - on that team.

When he played his best, he was behind Keith, Seabrook and Campbell. I think he will do fine with us because he will find himself in a similar situation.

His competition will be Tanev for the last spot. If he beats Tanev for that spot great, but if not, he is on a 2way deal.

low risk high reward signing. Anyone but Joslin :frantic:

#203 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I see this signing for what it is, a 7th or 8th depth Dman and reclamation project. If he pans out great, if not Canucks don't lose anything, they can put him in the minors and call him up in case of injuries.

Lets watch this guy play a few games before righting him off or anointing him as the 2nd coming of Ehrhoff.

#204 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,721 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Schultz who?

Seriously...if Barker finds that game that got him 3rd overall, this will be a steal. At worst, he'll be another 5-6-7-8 plug on a team that has always had defensemen issues.

#205 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Good buddy of mine is a die hard Oiler fan he aggressively made fun of me about this signing then I reminded him that he is #8 not #4-6 like some teams I know, the texts have stopped

Check mate Noheart
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#206 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

That would be sick if he all the sudden figured it out and turned into that 3rd overall stud he was supposed to be haha

yep only 26 it is possible . has the skill set and if he stays healthy and focused could be a classy steal for the nucks.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#207 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

A stint in the AHL is still playing in the AHL, and who knows, if his skills will cause him to revert to another round of AHL-style playing?
Also, if it is quite clear Spurgeon and Scandella will play better than he does, why even both uphold the fact Gilbert is currently the best? He'll be overtaken by the two quite shortly.

One half season in the AHL in his first year pro means he is an NHL/AHL tweener after 7 full NHL seasons. Sure? By that logic, Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle are the latest career AHLers.

It is not 'quite clear' that they will be better as Gilbert, as Gilbert did have better stats in his first few seasons playing for the Oilers. So even though they could be the better players in the future, there isn't really any way one can guarantee they will be.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#208 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

The first video of the main page. Doesn't even look like the build of a hockey player. He's sure gone down from that "big" defensemen who can throw his weight around.

Video: Camp Underway. Watch him walk through the hallway.

You can't even see his chest in that video let alone his 'gut'...

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#209 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

The Oilers didn't want to sign this guy for a little more than the league minimum and their defence sucks. Lets keep things in perspective; this is a mean nothing signing. The Canucks need players and have little cap money to spend until they deal Luongo and therefore sign guys like this. End of story.

#210 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Lu, ballard to philly for couturier and pronger lol

Holmgren said Pronger may never play again.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.