#1 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

As per Sara Orlesky https://twitter.com/saraorlesky

Possible trade? He was skating yesterday so it is probably not an injury.

He would work as a 3rd line centre here :)

Maybe we see the reports coming true of Raymond heading to Winnipeg.

Edited by Provost, 13 January 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I really would be against having a $4.25mil 3rd line Center.
I figure some team who is extremely weak down the middle might make a move for him. A return to Toronto perhaps?
Posted Image

#3 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I definitely don't want him here. He plays softer than most players half a foot shorter than him. He's more suited for a top-six role.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins

#4 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Luongo for Antropov?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#5 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

I definitely don't want him here. He plays softer than most players half a foot shorter than him. He's more suited for a top-six role.

I agree with what you say regarding him... but there are limited options.

His contract is only for this year, we DO need someone to fill in on the 2nd line for a while. He can also play all three F positions which AV and MG love.

If it was something like:

To Wpg:
Raymond
2nd or 3rd round pick

To Van:
Antropov
Mid Range prospect

Edited by Provost, 13 January 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#6 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Nikolai has good versatility as he can play wing or center.

He has good size, and can score 20 goals.

If the Jets ARE trading him, I think there could be lots of suitors..

#7 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

I agree with what you say regarding him... but there are limited options.

His contract is only for this year, we DO need someone to fill in on the 2nd line for a while. He can also play all three F positions which AV and MG love.

If it was something like:

To Wpg:
Raymond
2nd or 3rd round pick

To Van:
Antropov
Mid Range prospect

For that price I wouldn't do it. I'm not a fan of his play at all. He can be very lazy and he'd definitely be AV's new whipping boy.

I can see him fitting in nicely on many other teams though, I'm sure there'd be many suitors. Nashville being a prime example.

Edited by Touchet, 13 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins

#8 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Antropov's goal pace if he had played 82 games the last seasons:

Only one short stint was with a playoff team in the last 4 years. He's not a guy you get for toughness, but he's hard to knock off the puck and can play on any line.

Sedin - Sedin - Antropov on the PP would be interesting while Kesler is out. At 6'6, 246 pounds, what goalie is going to be able to see the puck?

#9 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

If the Jets were willing to absorb some salary on the rest of his deal with 1 year remaining, maybe it could work.. Raymond for Antropov + a 4th and the Jets take 1.25 million of Antropov's 4.06 million cap hit.

A 6'6 3rd line center is very intriguing to me, especially if he plays with a guy who is willing to do the dirty work (Hansen? Kassian?).

Antropov, despite not being known as hard-nosed put up a pace for 111 hits over 82 games. That's roughly the same pace as Kesler.

#10 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

If the Jets were willing to absorb some salary on the rest of his deal with 1 year remaining, maybe it could work.. Raymond for Antropov + a 4th and the Jets take 1.25 million of Antropov's 4.06 million cap hit.

A 6'6 3rd line center is very intriguing to me, especially if he plays with a guy who is willing to do the dirty work (Hansen? Kassian?).

Antropov, despite not being known as hard-nosed put up a pace for 111 hits over 82 games. That's roughly the same pace as Kesler.

I don't see Winnipeg absorbing cap hit, his contract is only for this year. We would be smart to arrange our lineup so lots of contracts expire this summer. With buyouts and the reduced cap, quality UFAs will be cheap and plentiful.

Centres are a hot commodity. Wpg needs a RW quite badly, I wouldn't be surprised if they would want Hansen as the return instead of Raymond. Moving Hansen gives a roster spot for Zassian on the 3rd line.

Tough call... but it certainly fills one of our holes.

Edited by Provost, 13 January 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#11 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I don't see Winnipeg absorbing cap hit, his contract is only for this year. We would be smart to arrange our lineup so lots of contracts expire this summer. With buyouts and the reduced cap, quality UFAs will be cheap and plentiful.

Centres are a hot commodity. Wpg needs a RW quite badly, I wouldn't be surprised if they would want Hansen as the return instead of Raymond. Moving Hansen gives a roster spot for Zassian on the 3rd line.

I'm too much of a Hansen fanboy, but I see your points.

#12 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Just say no to Antropov.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#13 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,644 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

If the Jets could get Hansen for Antropov, I'd be one happy Jets fan.

However, the Jets are not too deep at center. Jokinen takes the 1st line C, but after that, it's less conclusive. Burmi, Scheifele, Wellwood, Slater, Cormier, Maxwell.

Edited by Hobble, 13 January 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#14 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Noel just announced he has an upper body injury.

#15 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Nothing serious I bet.

#16 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, day to day, questionable for Saturday.

#17 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hansen is currently our top natural right wing, which is a problem of its own. Burrows, Higgins etc when they play here are effective on their off wing. We want to acquire, not lose any right wingers...

Trading the one who has the best motor, an integral part of using speed and pressure from a depth line, makes even less sense.

Hansen is not going anywhere!

#18 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

gillis doesn't do russians

#19 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hansen is currently our top natural right wing, which is a problem of its own. Burrows, Higgins etc when they play here are effective on their off wing. We want to acquire, not lose any right wingers...

Trading the one who has the best motor, an integral part of using speed and pressure from a depth line, makes even less sense.

Hansen is not going anywhere!

I love Hansen, but he is seriously over-rated on this board. At his best effort, he is a decent 3rd line winger. I thought he was actually pretty inconsistent with his effort level last year.

Edited by Provost, 13 January 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#20 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

However, the Jets are not too deep at center. Jokinen takes the 1st line C, but after that, it's less conclusive. Burmi, Scheifele, Wellwood, Slater, Cormier, Maxwell.

Kane-

...Little?

#21 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,859 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

@RickRalphTSN
#NHLJets Antropov failed physical. Upper Body, day to day. He and Bogo skating right now.

307mg00.jpg

#22 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hanson value is much higher then Antropov , Hanson kills penaltys and scores and is the perfect 3rd liner like a Wayne Simmonds while Antropov is only useful in the top 6 and has struggled his whole career to even fill that role because of inconsistency issues
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#23 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,644 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

...Little?

It is a given that Jokinen and Little will be 1st-2nd line centers. I was only intending to list players who could possibly fill the 3rd C role. However, I dream of a day where Little can be shifted back to his natural RW position, as that was where he had his greatest production.

#24 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

It is a given that Jokinen and Little will be 1st-2nd line centers. I was only intending to list players who could possibly fill the 3rd C role. However, I dream of a day where Little can be shifted back to his natural RW position, as that was where he had his greatest production.

Agreed. That's why I don't understand this "let's bring Scheifele in on RW" nonsense. Why not put Little on RW and keep Scheifele in his natural position?

#25 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Antropov's goal pace if he had played 82 games the last seasons:

Only one short stint was with a playoff team in the last 4 years. He's not a guy you get for toughness, but he's hard to knock off the puck and can play on any line.

Sedin - Sedin - Antropov on the PP would be interesting while Kesler is out. At 6'6, 246 pounds, what goalie is going to be able to see the puck?

I'm not opposed to this. Antropov has RIDICULOUS size and is a lock for 18-20 goals if he stays healthy. I wouldn't trade any major pieces for him though. Maybe a 2nd round pick....maybe. Or Ballard and Raymond :P

#26 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hansen is untouchable unless he's part of a pkg to bring back an all-star player. His contract and his play are GOLD! Plus he's a fukn honey badger!!

#27 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Imagine that.....ugggghh.

#28 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm not opposed to this. Antropov has RIDICULOUS size and is a lock for 18-20 goals if he stays healthy. I wouldn't trade any major pieces for him though. Maybe a 2nd round pick....maybe. Or Ballard and Raymond :P

Your post is almost Leaf Fan-esque in it's logic failure. "I want a player who fills a massive hole in our lineup and is a lock for good numbers. I am willing to give up exactly nothing of consequence in return though."

Too bad it isn't a video game and other teams have real life GMs who actually have their own teams' best interests at heart.... barring that, you could make your kind of trades to your heart's content.

#29 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Luongo for Antropov?

I don't want to grace that proposal with a proper response, so I'll just say one thing.

Ew.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#30 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

gillis doesn't do russians

Antropov is Kazakh, no?

/=S=/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.