The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Antropov not at Practice

Provost

I agree with what you say regarding him... but there are limited options.

His contract is only for this year, we DO need someone to fill in on the 2nd line for a while. He can also play all three F positions which AV and MG love.

If it was something like:

To Wpg:

Raymond

2nd or 3rd round pick

To Van:

Antropov

Mid Range prospect

Antropov's goal pace if he had played 82 games the last seasons:

Only one short stint was with a playoff team in the last 4 years. He's not a guy you get for toughness, but he's hard to knock off the puck and can play on any line.

Sedin - Sedin - Antropov on the PP would be interesting while Kesler is out. At 6'6, 246 pounds, what goalie is going to be able to see the puck?

If the Jets were willing to absorb some salary on the rest of his deal with 1 year remaining, maybe it could work.. Raymond for Antropov + a 4th and the Jets take 1.25 million of Antropov's 4.06 million cap hit.

A 6'6 3rd line center is very intriguing to me, especially if he plays with a guy who is willing to do the dirty work (Hansen? Kassian?).

Antropov, despite not being known as hard-nosed put up a pace for 111 hits over 82 games. That's roughly the same pace as Kesler.

If the Jets were willing to absorb some salary on the rest of his deal with 1 year remaining, maybe it could work.. Raymond for Antropov + a 4th and the Jets take 1.25 million of Antropov's 4.06 million cap hit.

A 6'6 3rd line center is very intriguing to me, especially if he plays with a guy who is willing to do the dirty work (Hansen? Kassian?).

Antropov, despite not being known as hard-nosed put up a pace for 111 hits over 82 games. That's roughly the same pace as Kesler.

I don't see Winnipeg absorbing cap hit, his contract is only for this year. We would be smart to arrange our lineup so lots of contracts expire this summer. With buyouts and the reduced cap, quality UFAs will be cheap and plentiful.

Centres are a hot commodity. Wpg needs a RW quite badly, I wouldn't be surprised if they would want Hansen as the return instead of Raymond. Moving Hansen gives a roster spot for Zassian on the 3rd line.

Tough call... but it certainly fills one of our holes.

If the Jets could get Hansen for Antropov, I'd be one happy Jets fan.

However, the Jets are not too deep at center. Jokinen takes the 1st line C, but after that, it's less conclusive. Burmi, Scheifele, Wellwood, Slater, Cormier, Maxwell.

Hansen is currently our top natural right wing, which is a problem of its own. Burrows, Higgins etc when they play here are effective on their off wing. We want to acquire, not lose any right wingers...

Trading the one who has the best motor, an integral part of using speed and pressure from a depth line, makes even less sense.

Hansen is not going anywhere!

I don't see Winnipeg absorbing cap hit, his contract is only for this year. We would be smart to arrange our lineup so lots of contracts expire this summer. With buyouts and the reduced cap, quality UFAs will be cheap and plentiful.

Centres are a hot commodity. Wpg needs a RW quite badly, I wouldn't be surprised if they would want Hansen as the return instead of Raymond. Moving Hansen gives a roster spot for Zassian on the 3rd line.

Tough call... but it certainly fills one of our holes.

Hansen is currently our top natural right wing, which is a problem of its own. Burrows, Higgins etc when they play here are effective on their off wing. We want to acquire, not lose any right wingers...

Trading the one who has the best motor, an integral part of using speed and pressure from a depth line, makes even less sense.

Hansen is not going anywhere!

Archived