51 replies to this topic

#31 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

It just shows how weak minded the fans are. NHL is like the abusive husband and the fans are like the wife that gets beat and keeps coming back for more.

^^^^^ This analogy is spot on.

NHL and PA to the fans. .... "I'm sorry baby, I don't know what came over me, please don't leave. I'll go to counseling. I can change."

Fans ...... "I don't know, you really hurt me this time." .........

"OK we can try again".

NHL/PA to Fans "SMACK" .......... "See you brought that sh** on yourself. Now get me a beer".

And yes, I do know it isn't cool to poke fun at domestic abuse.

#32 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

FANS DON'T BUY TICKETS FOR GAME 1 AT LEAST. WATCH AT HOME ALLYOU WANT OR GO TO A BAR OR RESTURANT AND HELP THEM OUT.

\AFTER THAT, GO TO ANY GAME, ITS ONLY THE DUCKS 1ST GAME. FANS NEED TO SHOW THEIR SIDE AND STAND TOGETHER FOR AT LEAST OPENING NIGHT. THEY SEE A SELLOUT FIRST GAME, THEY ARE JUST GOING TO SIT BACK AND LITERALLY LAUGH.

good luck telling season ticket holder that where they bought their tickets back in aug..

#33 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

http://vancouver.kij...QAdIdZ447417239

What do you guys think? is this ad legit?

Posted Image

#34 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

So presale of power packs NOW till 9am, single game 11am for STHs.

Edited by BCNeil, 14 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#35 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Oh my god. It's so ???? annoying hearing all you people saying "Oh you're such an idiot if you're going to watch". God damn, shutup and let people spend their money the way they want to, And yes, I will be attending numerous games this year

your kind is the reasdon the league walks all over it's fans/customers.
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#36 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Any clue on when February games go on sale? I want to go to Chi vs Van!

#37 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Wow, just checking out the ticket sales.
Looks like the Duck game is sold out
Oilers down to nosebleed singles, Flames down to no drinking seats.

That boycott worked well :picard:

#38 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,355 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

It just shows how weak minded the fans are. NHL is like the abusive husband and the fans are like the wife that gets beat and keeps coming back for more.

I take offense to this statement. Not to get into a big deal about it, but abusive wives feel trapped and terrified at times...they've been subjected to brainwashing and mental terror that prevents them from leaving. It's not weakness...it actually takes strength to wait it out until the right moment to flee presents itself. Comparing domestic violence cases to hockey lockouts is inappopriate.

And people get enjoyment out of hockey....if you're serious about this statement, why are you here? The people making a firm stand but sticking around to talk about it are no better. They should be moving on and away from hockey by now in making their stand. But to talk the talk without walking discredits the whole deal. We're here because we want to be - hockey is something we enjoy and the lockout wasn't a move to punish us in any way....it's simply part of doing business.

Posted Image

#39 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

^^^^^ This analogy is spot on.

NHL and PA to the fans. .... "I'm sorry baby, I don't know what came over me, please don't leave. I'll go to counseling. I can change."

Fans ...... "I don't know, you really hurt me this time." .........

"OK we can try again".

NHL/PA to Fans "SMACK" .......... "See you brought that sh** on yourself. Now get me a beer".

And yes, I do know it isn't cool to poke fun at domestic abuse.

The Canucks organization was on the side of the players the entire time.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#40 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,355 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

This wasn't about the fans during the lockout and it isn't about the fans after. Do you take it personally when other places have lockouts or do you understand that negotiating contracts can lead down this path when the two sides can't find middle ground? Sure, the fans can have an impact but hockey is secured now for some time...it just seems like a futile effort to me. People are treating the NHL like they've been stood up and it's personal - it's not.

Posted Image

#41 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Just going to vent here cause I don't know where else to and right now i'm pretty p.o'd. The big thank you / we are sorry to the fans is a couple of open practices (fun but its really a nothing gesture), some discounted food (BFD!) FOR PEOPLE AT THE GAMES. 50% off at the team store ONLY FOR PEOPLE AT THE FIRST 3 GAMES - thats the situation as I was told by the folks at the team store. I'm sorry but thats just total BS!!! It is an extreme minority of fans that can actually attend any game, let alone the first 3, which for all practical purposes are sold out already anyway, 46 minutes after they went on sale.

We all suffered the same during the lock out, yet only the priveledged few get anything.

Would have loved to pick up some new logo gear at a discount. Would have made me feel a little better about losing so much of something I truly love. I watch every game. I know this team inside and out. I get nothing.

That sucks...thanks a lot canucks org and a big eff ewe.
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#42 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

This wasn't about the fans during the lockout and it isn't about the fans after. Do you take it personally when other places have lockouts or do you understand that negotiating contracts can lead down this path when the two sides can't find middle ground? Sure, the fans can have an impact but hockey is secured now for some time...it just seems like a futile effort to me. People are treating the NHL like they've been stood up and it's personal - it's not.

I think the majority of people are upset when a bunch of millionaires and billionaires are in a pissing match about money when the average paying fan makes a yearly salary that most players make in a few weeks.

I'd support most other walk-outs, strikes and lockouts when the average worker makes no more than 6 figures a year, especially teachers. This was just a situation that could've been avoided.

To be fair, I won't boycott the team, we all know that will be impossible in this area. However I won't be attending any games or buying any merchandise for quite some time.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#43 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Just going to vent here cause I don't know where else to and right now i'm pretty p.o'd. The big thank you / we are sorry to the fans is a couple of open practices (fun but its really a nothing gesture), some discounted food (BFD!) FOR PEOPLE AT THE GAMES. 50% off at the team store ONLY FOR PEOPLE AT THE FIRST 3 GAMES - thats the situation as I was told by the folks at the team store. I'm sorry but thats just total BS!!! It is an extreme minority of fans that can actually attend any game, let alone the first 3, which for all practical purposes are sold out already anyway, 46 minutes after they went on sale.

We all suffered the same during the lock out, yet only the priveledged few get anything.

Would have loved to pick up some new logo gear at a discount. Would have made me feel a little better about losing so much of something I truly love. I watch every game. I know this team inside and out. I get nothing.

That sucks...thanks a lot canucks org and a big eff ewe.

ya. they should do at least 50% off for the first 2 weeks or something. not just ppl going to games. but I guess they only care about the ppl that are actually going to games

#44 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,355 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I think the majority of people are upset when a bunch of millionaires and billionaires are in a pissing match about money when the average paying fan makes a yearly salary that most players make in a few weeks.

I'd support most other walk-outs, strikes and lockouts when the average worker makes no more than 6 figures a year, especially teachers. This was just a situation that could've been avoided.

To be fair, I won't boycott the team, we all know that will be impossible in this area. However I won't be attending any games or buying any merchandise for quite some time.

But should they not care as a result? When they renegotiate it's about protecting interests - both present and future, not something that they abandon because "well, we make enough".

Sure, these guys make ridiculous sums of money and they're not in there, fighting tooth and nail, for survival, like others who have contracts on the line. But they make the big bucks for a reason - they sacrifice any form of privacy or normal life. They miss their children's milestones, like birthdays and first words and first days of school. They risk possible career ending injury that could affect them for years after they retire. Should we feel sorry for them? No, absolutely not. But it's also understandable that, despite what they make, they still have their interests at heart first and foremost. That they go into battle just like those others, with the same mindset. Somehow people expect something different?

This is also the Lu mentality - that, somehow, the money dictates everything. People have argued about his earnings as if, somehow, that should have made him infallible. Perfect. The paycheque doesn't take away the fact that these are everyday people performing everyday functions. Negotiations are about protecting the future as well as just the present....so these guys have to set a line and, when that's getting pushed back, this is what happens. But I don't know that fans should carry a grudge...I certainly don't.

Posted Image

#45 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Do you guys know, are tickets from ticketmaster generlly more expensive on saturday games? I noticed that the home-opener is more expensive, but I am not sure if that is because it is on Saturday, or because it is the opener.

Posted Image

#46 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Do you guys know, are tickets from ticketmaster generlly more expensive on saturday games? I noticed that the home-opener is more expensive, but I am not sure if that is because it is on Saturday, or because it is the opener.

yes sat games are always expensive

#47 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

My friend got a powerplay pak for the first three home games :)

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#48 ngunn91

ngunn91

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Does anybody know when the rest of the tickets will be going on sale?

#49 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,609 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Wow, just checking out the ticket sales.
Looks like the Duck game is sold out
Oilers down to nosebleed singles, Flames down to no drinking seats.

That boycott worked well :picard:

Just checked. Found section 121, row 22.

So no, it's not sold out.
But I'm sure it will be. Almost feel like buying some tickets and sell them at a decent mark up. We all know some people will be dumb enough to pay.

2qnqykg.jpg

#50 miles.p

miles.p

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

best way to get game tickets.

go to rogers arena at 7 pm. wait till those bum ass scalpers approach you and by this time, the game has already started. The tickets have lost 50% of their sale value. Negotiate with them on how much you wanna pay, if it doesn't work find someone else or go home and watch the canucks lose on tv for free.

I've done this so many times and have gotten great deals.

#51 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Are there any season ticket holders on here that I could pm a question?

Posted Image

#52 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

But should they not care as a result? When they renegotiate it's about protecting interests - both present and future, not something that they abandon because "well, we make enough".

Sure, these guys make ridiculous sums of money and they're not in there, fighting tooth and nail, for survival, like others who have contracts on the line. But they make the big bucks for a reason - they sacrifice any form of privacy or normal life. They miss their children's milestones, like birthdays and first words and first days of school. They risk possible career ending injury that could affect them for years after they retire. Should we feel sorry for them? No, absolutely not. But it's also understandable that, despite what they make, they still have their interests at heart first and foremost. That they go into battle just like those others, with the same mindset. Somehow people expect something different?

This is also the Lu mentality - that, somehow, the money dictates everything. People have argued about his earnings as if, somehow, that should have made him infallible. Perfect. The paycheque doesn't take away the fact that these are everyday people performing everyday functions. Negotiations are about protecting the future as well as just the present....so these guys have to set a line and, when that's getting pushed back, this is what happens. But I don't know that fans should carry a grudge...I certainly don't.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the hockey players I'm upset with. It's both sides of the coin that screwed up during this lockout. The owners are probably worse than the players themselves. I just don't have any sympathy for people that make a high income like that and expect us to feel sorry for them when they ask for more, and likely never well regardless of sacrifice's made. I work shift work and give up weekends and holidays depending on how my shift pattern is but I knew that going in and don't complain about it, so I couldn't really care about that angle either.

They are hockey players, payed to entertain and will keep doing so until arenas are full of people "dressed up like chairs".

Edited by AllHailSmyl, 15 January 2013 - 09:37 PM.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.