The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks tickets will go on sale Jan. 15 at 2:00 pm

CanucksFanMike

It's pretty much a guarantee that games will continue to sell out while the owners and players laugh at what they can pull on the fans. Ticket and concession prices will continue to rise as well. Until the fans wake up and take some sort of stand, these things will continue to happen.

I predict that we will see another lockout in 8 years.

FANS DON'T BUY TICKETS FOR GAME 1 AT LEAST. WATCH AT HOME ALLYOU WANT OR GO TO A BAR OR RESTURANT AND HELP THEM OUT.

\AFTER THAT, GO TO ANY GAME, ITS ONLY THE DUCKS 1ST GAME. FANS NEED TO SHOW THEIR SIDE AND STAND TOGETHER FOR AT LEAST OPENING NIGHT. THEY SEE A SELLOUT FIRST GAME, THEY ARE JUST GOING TO SIT BACK AND LITERALLY LAUGH.

FANS DON'T BUY TICKETS FOR GAME 1 AT LEAST. WATCH AT HOME ALLYOU WANT OR GO TO A BAR OR RESTURANT AND HELP THEM OUT.

\AFTER THAT, GO TO ANY GAME, ITS ONLY THE DUCKS 1ST GAME. FANS NEED TO SHOW THEIR SIDE AND STAND TOGETHER FOR AT LEAST OPENING NIGHT. THEY SEE A SELLOUT FIRST GAME, THEY ARE JUST GOING TO SIT BACK AND LITERALLY LAUGH.

It just shows how weak minded the fans are. NHL is like the abusive husband and the fans are like the wife that gets beat and keeps coming back for more.

I take offense to this statement. Not to get into a big deal about it, but abusive wives feel trapped and terrified at times...they've been subjected to brainwashing and mental terror that prevents them from leaving. It's not weakness...it actually takes strength to wait it out until the right moment to flee presents itself. Comparing domestic violence cases to hockey lockouts is inappopriate.

And people get enjoyment out of hockey....if you're serious about this statement, why are you here? The people making a firm stand but sticking around to talk about it are no better. They should be moving on and away from hockey by now in making their stand. But to talk the talk without walking discredits the whole deal. We're here because we want to be - hockey is something we enjoy and the lockout wasn't a move to punish us in any way....it's simply part of doing business.

^^^^^ This analogy is spot on.

NHL and PA to the fans. .... "I'm sorry baby, I don't know what came over me, please don't leave. I'll go to counseling. I can change."

Fans ...... "I don't know, you really hurt me this time." .........

"OK we can try again".

NHL/PA to Fans "SMACK" .......... "See you brought that sh** on yourself. Now get me a beer".

And yes, I do know it isn't cool to poke fun at domestic abuse.

This wasn't about the fans during the lockout and it isn't about the fans after. Do you take it personally when other places have lockouts or do you understand that negotiating contracts can lead down this path when the two sides can't find middle ground? Sure, the fans can have an impact but hockey is secured now for some time...it just seems like a futile effort to me. People are treating the NHL like they've been stood up and it's personal - it's not.

Archived