Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Mentally challenged girl, 15, 'gang raped under her desk during class as teacher did NOTHING'

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Mentally challenged girl, 15, 'gang raped under her desk during class as teacher did NOTHING'

A mentally challenged 15-year-old New York girl endured a brutal gang rape as she was trapped beneath her by two boys with her teacher only feet away, alleges a lawsuit filed Friday.

The special needs student, identified only by the initials K.J., was allegedly sexually assaulted for 10 minutes as another student 'hit her on the head whenever she tried to escape,' during a science class at Martin De Porres Academy in Elmont, N.Y.
The girl's mother, who filed the suit, alleged that the teacher ignored the assault even as one student danced on the desk while another attempted to sodomize K.J.

Though the girl told a school social worker the next day, school officials failed to report the crime.

K.J. has an IQ of 60 and was sent to De Porres by city.
She was the only girl in her class of 13 boys.

Her alleged attackers all had known 'violent propensities' and are residents of Casa De La Salle, a home for juvenile delinquents.

K.J.'s mother said she was powerless to get her daughter transferred immediately, and as a result the girl was bullied for months.

In December, school officials put her in a room with one of the boys who had been sexually harassing her and admonished them to 'discuss their issues.'
K.J. left that classroom with a gash over her right eye.

'It's mind-boggling how this could happen,' attorney Madeline Bryer told the New York Post.

The school's executive director Ed Dana sad an internal investigation as conducted as soon as they heard of the abuse and fired the teacher.

'We want the community to know that we hold our teachers to a high standard. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of the children in our care,' Dana said in a statement

http://www.dailymail...id-NOTHING.html

Girl, 15, with low IQ gang-raped under desk during class in Elmont: suit

Group of juvenile delinquents allegedly forced mentally challenged student to perform oral sex on them in science class at the Martin De Porres Academy in Nassau County, the victim's mother claims in lawsuit filed Friday.

A mentally challenged 15-year-old girl was gang-raped beneath her desk during class — only feet away from her teachers — at an Elmont, N.Y., school, according to a lawsuit filed Friday. When the girl reported the horrific incident the next day, school officials failed to report it, the victim’s mother claimed in the suit.

The special-needs teen, known by the initials K.J., was allegedly sexually assaulted for 10 minutes under her desk by two teenage boys, as another “hit her on the head whenever she tried to escape,” during science class at Martin De Porres Academy, claims the lawsuit.

The sick brutes also tried to anally sodomize her while one of them danced on her desk — all without attracting the attention of her teachers, said lawyer Madeline Bryer.

K.J., who has an IQ of less than 60, was sent to De Porres by the city and was the only girl in her class of 13 boys.

Her alleged attackers all lived at Casa De La Salle — a residence for juvenile delinquents — and had known “violent propensities,” the suit alleges.

K.J. told a school social worker about the assault the next day — but did nothing, the lawsuit said.

K.J.’s mother was powerless to get the 15-year-old transferred immediately, so the teen endured months of bullying. Then in December, officials put her in a room with another boy who was sexually harassing her and told them to “discuss their issues,” the lawsuit said.

The boy left K.J. with a gash over her right eye.

"It's mind-boggling how this could happen," said Bryer.

Martin De Porres executive director Ed Dana said the school conducted an internal investigation as soon as it heard of the abuse and fired a teacher as a result. "We want the community to know that we hold our teachers to a high standard. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of the children in our care," Dana said in a statement.
Read more: http://www.nydailyne...1#ixzz2Ht2hXNvy

In a class of only 14 how could the teacher not notice this??

Edited by key2thecup, 13 January 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#2 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

What has this world come too.

#3 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Would this have happened if the teacher was armed? .. tragic event ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#4 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

There is so much wrong with this story.
What kind of teacher ignores rape going on during the class and a student dancing on the desk?
How is it possible she was the only girl in the class? That doesn't seem logically possible unless there's an imbalance of the gender of students at that academy.
What were all the other boys in the class doing at the time of the rape? Watching? Sleeping?
If the girl came home with a gash over her eye, then why wouldn't the mother just keep her home? Why keep sending her back to that school?
The management at this school obviously has problems.

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
"There is a time and place for everything but not now."

http://forum.canucks...a-bros-game-on/

#5 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Thats the US school system for you.
Disgusting, I hope the teacher, the social worker, the boys, and to some degree the city (putting a mentally challenged girl in a school for delinquents, like seriously?), are all held responsible.

Jagermeister.jpg

#6 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

There is so much wrong with this story.
What kind of teacher ignores rape going on during the class and a student dancing on the desk?
How is it possible she was the only girl in the class? That doesn't seem logically possible unless there's an imbalance of the gender of students at that academy.
What were all the other boys in the class doing at the time of the rape? Watching? Sleeping?
If the girl came home with a gash over her eye, then why wouldn't the mother just keep her home? Why keep sending her back to that school?
The management at this school obviously has problems.

Exactly, and it was a school comprised of juvenile delinquents.

Edited by key2thecup, 13 January 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#7 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

POPULAR

your attempt at a joke is in poor taste, and if i am misreading your comment clearly you have no reading comprehension: the teacher didn't attempt to intervene, or clearly did not know anything was going on, so yes, if the teacher was armed (and if i taught in new york i would be already) this still would have happened.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

your attempt at a joke is in poor taste, and if i am misreading your comment clearly you have no reading comprehension: the teacher didn't attempt to intervene, or clearly did not know anything was going on, so yes, if the teacher was armed (and if i taught in new york i would be already) this still would have happened.

It is almost as if you were there .. it is a legitimate question when there is a move afoot to arm teachers .. what part of "tragic event" escapes your comprehension?

Edit: There was no attempt at humor .. just making this subject topical to an ongoing theme here ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 13 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#9 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

:sadno: what the hell is happening to society...

Posted Image

#10 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

:picard:

Project these headlines; "rash of murders on upper east side after disarming teachers." "Problems with unknown gunmen in school, after desks are broken into." "16 year old plug becomes millionaire selling lock boxes to school divisions in NY." "School system bankrupted by lawsuits after teachers shoot two boys in separate unwarranted issues."

More guns does not equal more safety!

#11 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

In December, school officials put her in a room with one of the boys who had been sexually harassing her and admonished them to 'discuss their issues.'
K.J. left that classroom with a gash over her right eye.

This is a part of the issue not being discussed. More and more the "politically correct" protocol prevents teachers and others in authority from disciplining their students. A teacher relative of mine was recently investigated for restraining one particularly bratty kid from picking up objects from the classroom shelves and throwing them about. Yes: no mark was left on the kid, and all the other students backed up my relative's claim that the discipline was warranted, but still my relative could have lost his job if the investigation had not gone his way. With certain kids verbal commands simply do not work.

If you're the type of teenager who is inclined to rape another student, you are the type of teenager who is going to laugh at any verbal discipline or commands. This "discussion of issues" between the sexual harrassed and her tormenters simply takes the cake. If these students had received a stiff caning after the first instance of bullying I doubt it would have escalated. I'm not sure if I would recommend the return of physical discipline in schools, but it is tough to argue that it doesn't have some merit in some cases.

#12 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,714 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

All the more reason to give every mentally-challenged individual a gun...

(But in all seriousness, this is horrible and the teacher should be punished heavily.)

#13 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

This post is simply classless and uncalled for. I am disgusted at you for your childishness.

#14 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,017 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

'Murica.
Posted Image

#15 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,142 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

What is wrong with the world today???
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#16 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

This post is simply classless and uncalled for. I am disgusted at you for your childishness.

You and Primal need to take a reading comprehension course .. don't tilt at windmills, Mr. Quixote ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 13 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#17 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Allow me to explain my comments .. we have had a plethora of "gun" topics and discussion running thru this Forum .. the NRA and others propose to arm teachers with firearms .. a teacher stood by and did nothing while a special needs child was raped .. why did the teacher stand by .. was the teacher afraid? .. would a gun have made a difference? .. "tragic event" ..

If that does not make sense, then you need to work on reading comprehension .. either that or go **** your collective selves .. :)

#18 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

You and Primal need to take a reading comprehension course .. don't tilt at windmills, Mr. Quixote ..

I know, eh? Definitely :picard: worthy.

Dumb it down even more for the masses, will ya? <_<

Dumbed down response for the reading comprehension challenged as apparently we are required to do so now (Dumb down and simplify, that is):

This. Is. Inexcusable. As. In. Not. Acceptable. People. Need. To. Be. Charged.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 13 January 2013 - 06:12 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#19 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Disgusting. Can't believe what the world is coming to these days...

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 13 January 2013 - 06:06 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#20 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

:sadno: what the hell is happening has happened to society...

Fixed.

/=S=/

#21 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Don't worry, T7. I understand what this comment was subtly noting.

I'm the one that really matters, right?

/=S=/

#22 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Don't worry, T7. I understand what this comment was subtly noting.

I'm the one that really matters, right?

Always Max .. :wub:

#23 RiCHC3

RiCHC3

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Allow me to explain my comments .. we have had a plethora of "gun" topics and discussion running thru this Forum .. the NRA and others propose to arm teachers with firearms .. a teacher stood by and did nothing while a special needs child was raped .. why did the teacher stand by .. was the teacher afraid? .. would a gun have made a difference? .. "tragic event" ..

If that does not make sense, then you need to work on reading comprehension .. either that or go **** your collective selves .. :)

Learn some empathy, robot.

#24 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

^^^

It's a shame some people don't bother to familiarize themselves with the contents of OT and also read an entire thread and it's comments before rabidly hitting the keys. They wouldn't appear quite so silly if they did. You couldn't be more wrong.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 13 January 2013 - 06:24 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#25 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

This thread is about to explode.

/=S=/

#26 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I really don't understand people who say things like "what is our society coming to". Things like this have always happened, I would think that they might of even happened more 100 years ago.

#27 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

I really don't understand people who say things like "what is our society coming to". Things like this have always happened, I would think that they might of even happened more 100 years ago.

They could be excessively influenced by the media and blaming society as a whole for it's outliers, but I think in general it's just a sentiment of outrage.

#28 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Learn some empathy, robot.

Language comprehension is an asset at every level .. there are some wonderful sites available on-line that can help ..

#29 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

^^^

It's a shame some people don't bother to familiarize themselves with the contents of OT and also read an entire thread and it's comments before rabidly hitting the keys. They wouldn't appear quite so silly if they did. You couldn't be more wrong.

What are the contents of OT? Samples of threads include Evander Kane, Jackie Chan, and Michael/Christine McCain.

Why should I bother familiarizing myself with the contents of OT? Topics there stay on the first page for up to an afternoon at the max - am I supposed to stare at my browser all day and squeal in excitement every time dudeone makes (yet) another boring thread that 2 people reply to?

#30 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

This is completely outrageous if this happened. But that's what I'm wondering. Did any witnesses confirm this?

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.