The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mentally challenged girl, 15, 'gang raped under her desk during class as teacher did NOTHING'

key2thecup

Allow me to explain my comments .. we have had a plethora of "gun" topics and discussion running thru this Forum .. the NRA and others propose to arm teachers with firearms .. a teacher stood by and did nothing while a special needs child was raped .. why did the teacher stand by .. was the teacher afraid? .. would a gun have made a difference? .. "tragic event" ..

If that does not make sense, then you need to work on reading comprehension .. either that or go **** your collective selves .. :)

We don't know that it happened. All it is is allegations at this point. Do we really believe that in a class of 15 students, one student was allowed to dance on a desk while another student sexually assaulted a student underneath that desk?

I say this with some hesitation, because I know that I might receive some backlash, but unfortunately it is not rare for children with mental disabilities and a low IQ to make up stories to get attention. Individuals with a low IQ often are stimulation-seeking. A common behaviour is to call 911/fire department from a cell phone or payphone to report a crime/fire, they will then watch from a distance as police/fire department arrive so that they can watch the action unfold. Maybe that is the case here. Or maybe it absolutely is not, and the assault didn't happen. I'm just saying that with such a shocking story, more than one voice needs to be heard.

We don't know that it happened. All it is is allegations at this point. Do we really believe that in a class of 15 students, one student was allowed to dance on a desk while another student sexually assaulted a student underneath that desk?

I say this with some hesitation, because I know that I might receive some backlash, but unfortunately it is not rare for children with mental disabilities and a low IQ to make up stories to get attention. Individuals with a low IQ often are stimulation-seeking. A common behaviour is to call 911/fire department from a cell phone or payphone to report a crime/fire, they will then watch from a distance as police/fire department arrive so that they can watch the action unfold. Maybe that is the case here. Or maybe it absolutely is not, and the assault didn't happen. I'm just saying that with such a shocking story, more than one voice needs to be heard.

That's what we should expect of typical parents. However, this is a school for juvenile delinquents, and the youth in these schools typically come from disrupted family backgrounds where parents don't always make the 'right' choices.

Archived