Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Jackie Chan back in action, branding US more corrupt than China

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Good job Jacky Chan. However I do believe he needs to stay out of politics. He is apparently banned from Taiwan.

I guess he too misses the luxury of being able to speak one's mind that celebrities lack but we nobodies have.

So Taiwan too arbitrarily bans people without criminal record from entering the country? Sounds just like the UK.

#32 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Chan does have a point when it comes to the lobby industry between US politicians and various interest groups. US politicans get a lot of funding from corporations, unions, and other groups. They are be beholden to such interest groups like the NRA.

And don't forget the industrial military complex. Eisenshower, who was a general, besides a two term president, warned of it.

#33 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Ah, hyperbole.

dontforgettolentil.png

#34 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Corruption is not limited to the US and China as evidenced by the federal Liberal sponsorship scandal and the ongoing probe into corruption in the Quebec construction industry.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#35 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

I guess he too misses the luxury of being able to speak one's mind that celebrities lack but we nobodies have.

So Taiwan too arbitrarily bans people without criminal record from entering the country? Sounds just like the UK.

celebrities have more influence over nobodies like us. Thats why they should really stay away from politics, especially when it comes to Taiwanese Chinese problems.

I'm not sure what he said. However Jacky Chan has a history of letting his mouth get the best of him. He's also said some negative things about other singers and actors in the past in HK, which effected their careers. He once flat out critized another singer of not being able to sing. My mom hates him to death, I to don't like him that much either. Despite what he said, which is true, i'm not sure why he even said it. (USA being corrupted) Thats not news to me, maybe its news to some of the members here, who think the USA is all good and glory. 600 billion dollars on Milatery spendings 40% of that, cannot even be tracked to were it was spent on, yet they critize china for spending 100 billion. Funny Country.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#36 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Well the Chinese are no better but the difference is that their whole population knows about it. Some Americans still think they are living in the greatest country in the world where no corruption exists, a fantasy land.

I thought Americans thought things were only bad when the other party (Democrats/Republicans) is in power.

#37 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm glad he said it. All people do is blame China paint them as an enemy, and accuse them of corruption. True they are corrupted, but they are doing their best to tackle corruption, and China has been doing their best to improve their economy, improve their milatery, and tackling their polution problems. They look at the negatives, but refuse to look at the pros of China.

USA is totally a corrupt nation themselves, especially during the Bush era.

If another American actor wants to accuse china have been corrupted then go ahead.

Good job Jacky Chan. However I do believe he needs to stay out of politics. He is apparently banned from Taiwan.

China's global counterfeit parts program says hi.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#38 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm glad he said it. All people do is blame China paint them as an enemy, and accuse them of corruption. True they are corrupted, but they are doing their best to tackle corruption, and China has been doing their best to improve their economy, improve their milatery, and tackling their polution problems. They look at the negatives, but refuse to look at the pros of China.

USA is totally a corrupt nation themselves, especially during the Bush era.

If another American actor wants to accuse china have been corrupted then go ahead.

That explains the hundred sof thousands of Americans that move to China every year....err wait.

#39 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I thought Americans thought things were only bad when the other party (Democrats/Republicans) is in power.

This is 100% true. Whenever I criticised Bush's awful power grabs, crapping on the Constitution, lying to the nation, I was a liberal moonbat pinko armchair activist Democrap. Now criticising Obama's same problems, I'm a NRA loving right wing nut job teabagger. Can't help but laugh at how badly polarised American politics are, a problem that besets a number of the Canadian populace as well. :lol:

#40 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

China's global counterfeit parts program says hi.

Heres the funny thing, these have absolutley nothing to do the government. There are so many factories in China, it is almost impossible for the Government to keep track of where the counterfeit goods come from. You can't really blame "China" for it, nor keep saying, "They are a counterfeit nation" That's so anti Chinese, and a Western thinking method. Piracy laws are huge in China. Stuff like movie downloads, copy right dvd's, are all illegal in China.

That explains the hundred sof thousands of Americans that move to China every year....err wait.

Ok ok, I give up. America is not corrupted. You guys win again.

China is the enemy of the world.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#41 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

celebrities have more influence over nobodies like us. Thats why they should really stay away from politics, especially when it comes to Taiwanese Chinese problems.

The fault is with the people who actually listen to him spout his big mouth. They should have better sense than to take political guidance from celebrities.

I'm not sure what he said. However Jacky Chan has a history of letting his mouth get the best of him. He's also said some negative things about other singers and actors in the past in HK, which effected their careers. He once flat out critized another singer of not being able to sing. My mom hates him to death, I to don't like him that much either. Despite what he said, which is true, i'm not sure why he even said it. (USA being corrupted) Thats not news to me, maybe its news to some of the members here, who think the USA is all good and glory. 600 billion dollars on Milatery spendings 40% of that, cannot even be tracked to were it was spent on, yet they critize china for spending 100 billion. Funny Country.

Sounds to me like he may be a major kiss ass who sees a burgeoning market in China and says things that they want to hear.

#42 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

The fault is with the people who actually listen to him spout his big mouth. They should have better sense than to take political guidance from celebrities.

Sounds to me like he may be a major kiss ass who sees a burgeoning market in China and says things that they want to hear.

It's not the people that banned him, its the Taiwanese government that has banned him from ever entering Taiwan.

Totally agree with your last comment. This is why I don't like Jacky Chan at all.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#43 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

It would be like listening to Clint Eastwood talk to an empty chair, eh?

Or in some bizarre universe an actor could be elected president of the United States and and a couple Governor of California. Talk about a lack of reality.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#44 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,743 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Unfortunately, we all understood the words that were comin' out of his mouth...

#45 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Does anyone here remember the peace dividend?

It was a kooky prosperity dance craze from way back in'92.

I'm still doin' it in the shower!!??

#46 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Heres the funny thing, these have absolutley nothing to do the government. There are so many factories in China, it is almost impossible for the Government to keep track of where the counterfeit goods come from. You can't really blame "China" for it, nor keep saying, "They are a counterfeit nation" That's so anti Chinese, and a Western thinking method. Piracy laws are huge in China. Stuff like movie downloads, copy right dvd's, are all illegal in China.

Ok ok, I give up. America is not corrupted. You guys win again.

China is the enemy of the world.

Noon is saying that America isn't corrupt. However, the idea that China is less corrupt is downright absurd. America is a democracy with major flaws. China is a totalitarian military regime with litle concept of human rights.

As far as copyright laws, the PRC seems to have a ton of resources to break up student rallies and religious organizations. You're telling me they can't find the resources to break up the piraters. Pirates who openly advertise their illegal goods on websites?

#47 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Who cares? They're all going down soon anyways.
Posted Image

#48 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

lol, Jackie Chan.

Never liked him, never will. He's always saying things like this in the media, this is nothing new.

RIP LB RR PD

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.