The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gamecenter Live

Bodee

This information may be already known to you but if anyone is interested I received this to-day.

"Greetings,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Kindly be advised that we do not have any updates as to how much the season would be or apps supported at this time. Please be patient as our website will be updated this Monday or Tuesday and all our customers will receive an email with updated information as well. Also, any potential customers will be able to find out more information on our website this Monday or Tuesday at:http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm

If you want to find out about if a device is supported; kindly visit us at: www.nhl.come/devices

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,"

I was wondering about this - like Blaise, I can log in and access the vault etc (my subscription expired on Boxing Day).

I wondered whether there'd be some kind of goodwill gesture (since we'd paid for the subscription and hadn't watched any games due to the lockout) and that perhaps we could watch the first few games for free.

I don't mind either way, just as long as I can watch the game come Sunday! (I'm in Australia, so it's on Sunday here)

I was wondering about this - like Blaise, I can log in and access the vault etc (my subscription expired on Boxing Day).

I wondered whether there'd be some kind of goodwill gesture (since we'd paid for the subscription and hadn't watched any games due to the lockout) and that perhaps we could watch the first few games for free.

I don't mind either way, just as long as I can watch the game come Sunday! (I'm in Australia, so it's on Sunday here)

I have just written again to NHL GCL to ask when they propose to email existing subscribers. Some hard liners over here in the UK are wishing to cancel (not me, I think it is an excellent deal) and as I understand it the subscription is automatically taken from your Bank Account unless "on receiving this phantom email" you reply saying you do not wish to subscribe for another year.

Am I misunderstanding what they told me on Tuesday and that those who do not wish to continue with their subscription should in fact just contact them via their web site and cancel before the first game?

I understand this has all had to be done in a rush but I envisage quite a few people being unhappy if as some over here seem to think that you have to APPLY for each season when in actual fact it is assumed if you don't physically cancel you have deemed to have agreed to another season.

Anyone else confused?

The subscription should be renewed automatically, but you are supposed to get an e-mail before they charge your credit card for the upcoming season in order to give you a chance to cancel. I haven't received any mail yet, but I can still access classic games.

$49,99 seems like a fair price to me for the shortened season, including playoffs. I miss all the people I met regularly in the GCL chatroom which is only open during games. Glad to talk to them again soon.

The full version on computers is just like watching it in SD quality on TV. On my android phone, it has worked just fine. You could actually see the puck and there were only very few problems with the stream. This time, I'm going to try it on my new iPad as well - a nice way to watch two games at the same time.

I received this reply minutes ago. Seems clear.

Greetings,

every previous subscriber will be contacted before Saturday the 19th of January 2013 and will be renewed on the 21st of January 2013.

Thank you for your patience,

NHL Support

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: NPW-157-68422

Department: NHL

Type: Issue

Priority: Normal

• 2 months later...

Archived